Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Do you mean by that Defoe is a better finisher than Keane in the same way Van Nistelrooy is a better finisher than Henry yet Henry is the better player

I just found these while looking round a few sites (yeah im bored)

http://www.youtube.com/w/White-Hart-Wonder...earch=tottenham

http://www.tottenham-fans.com/cantlivewithoutyou.htm and

http://www.tottenham-fans.com/mjol2.htm

Edited by The Slickman

Do you mean by that Defoe is a better finisher than Keane in the same way Van Nistelrooy is a better finisher than Henry yet Henry is the better player

I was going more for the "Defoe is the better all round front man, but Keane is better at doing what strikers do, and scoring goals".

Keane is a sniffer, and grabs goals here and there, like a good striker should. He doesn't have Defoe's pace, and doesn't always score spectacular goals, or play great as a forward player, but he is always dangerous when it comes to the penalty area and the 6 yard box.

I see what your saying but id say Defoes runs are deadly and is a great awareness or the spots that will cause defenders alot of trouble . Yet i feel Keano could do that he prefers to drop back and collect the ball because we all know Carrick wont take the ball over the halfway line

I see what your saying but id say Defoes runs are deadly and is a great awareness or the spots that will cause defenders alot of trouble.

Which are the reasons I believe he is a better forward.

Keane could do fuck all all day, have a deflection spill in the box and have the strikers nous to be there and slot it away.

[You can win as many games as you want but as soon as we play shit football Spurs can consider the £500 odd that i was gonna add to their club for a season ticket gone . I want success in the right way and Robbie does it the right way , the Tottenham way . Flair , Style , Fast Paced , Flowing Football

Actually, that's the Arsenal way.

Keane and Mido are forging one of the best strike forces in the Premiership!

Watching Keane's captaincy on sunday was fantastic. Before it started he ran up to each Spurs player high fiving them and wishing them the best, he supported Spurs players when they made mistakes, dropped back even more than usual to help out, and was constantly chatting with the ref and helping up Leicester players off the floor.

Watching Keane's captaincy on sunday was fantastic. Before it started he ran up to each Spurs player high fiving them and wishing them the best, he supported Spurs players when they made mistakes, dropped back even more than usual to help out, and was constantly chatting with the ref and helping up Leicester players off the floor.

Shame you lost though :shifty:

I remember a while ago a certain conman saying he would be happy to field 7 of our reserves but never thought he'd actually buy them all :shifty:

Aside from the sales of Mendez, Davis and Pamarot he's apparently interested in Iverson now too. Looks like they've got as amny Tottenham rejects as West Ham!

Closer to the current side though, how much longer do you think it'll be before Lee Barnard moves on? The kid's scoring over a goal a game on average for the reserves and I'm sure he's the sort of player who could do well at a high level (scored a hat-trick against Luton's first team the other day) but he's going to be limited to the reserve side for a long time coming especially with talks about the Mido move going on. Could this be another Crouch we're letting go?

• Admin

DAVIS BLASTS ARROGANT JOL

Sean Davis has fired a parting shot at Tottenham boss Martin Jol after completing his move to Portsmouth.

Jol has received little but praise for his role in turning Spurs into contenders for a top-four finish, but Davis, who has not played a Premiership game this season, was far from impressed with the Dutchman's man-management and selection policy.

"I can count on one hand how many times I spoke to Martin Jol when I was at the club," the 26-year-old told BBC Radio Five Live.

"If you're not in the first eleven he doesn't really talk to you. Obviously it came across as a bit arrogant."

He added: "For the last three or four months it has been a nightmare. I've been training with the reserves and not getting a look in.

"So when I was given the opportunity to come here and enjoy my day-to-day work I snapped at it. It is hard when you don't appeal to the manager. Here I know I can work with a smile on my face."

Davis joined Portsmouth as part of a £7.5million triple deal that also saw Pedro Mendes and Noe Pamarot head to Fratton Park.

I'm not quite sure what to make of this...

SPURS MOVE FOR BRIDGE

Tottenham are reported to have begun moves to sign England full-back Wayne Bridge from Chelsea.

Bridge has been unable to break back into the Blues first team since recovering from a broken ankle and is believed to be concerned that his lack of Premiership action could cost him his place in Sven-Goran Eriksson's World Cup squad.

Jose Mourinho is keen to keep his squad intact until the end of the season as Chelsea pursue domestic and European glory, but recently said he would allow Bridge to move on if he was genuinely keen to leave.

That prompted interest from Fulham, Newcastle and Celtic, but Tottenham have now emerged as the front-runners to secure his signature.

However, it is not known whether Bridge would welcome the chance to join Tottenham, as he would face a battle to displace Lee Young-Pyo from the starting line-up in time to impress Eriksson ahead of the naming of England's squad to travel to Germany.

Good player, him against Lee would be an interesting battle.

Edited by Messiah-Dice

Pleasingly nice shirt and the badge just gave me a fuzzy "flashback to my early childhood" feeling.

I like the skin tight kits and Puma haven't exactly been making baggy ones recently so hopefully a degree of tightness will continue...

http://www.spursladies.co.uk

Hmmm our women don't appear to be the greatest womens team going...