Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

• Admin

The crowd were behind Barnard, they cheered whenever they announced his name on the tannoy. Shme he didn't play.

With the exception of Tainio getting injured (again) - a fab first half, no complaints whatsoever. Second half was average, RObbo went mad at the goal we let in.

But a good show.

Best Chant - There's only ONE... Danny Murphy... There's only ONE...

I personally like the chants directed at the bald steward that took away the Park Lanes beach ball , And the guy that gave the ball back to the crowd lol .

I must say i thought apart from 2/3 world class pieces of play Micheal Carrick was VERY average but Defoe on the other hand was awesome considering he was one of the smallest guys on the pitch playing up front by himself with Keano dropping deep to get the ball , Defoes ability to hold up the ball yesterday was amazing and his control before he took on the Charlton full back was second to none looked liked a Edgar Davids type of control .

Caught the highlights on MotD. We seemed to play well, not so much of the long ball with Keano and Defoe up front and all the better for it, though whether we could play a passing game like that against Arsenal or Chelsea is another thing.

Good to see Defoe get his goals, and Jonny Jackson getting a run out, shame that Barnard didn't make it off the bench.

I thought Keane was outstanding, superb passing by him, especially the pass to set up Jenas for the goal.

I thought Barnard would have come on but then I think when Charlton got a goal back, Jol decided not to mess with things,hopefully he'll get a chance against Sunderland.

• Admin

Thing is - I don't feel DEfoe ever plays fantastically for us, he just is in the right place at the right time and gets goals. Him and Keane don't work, I prefer Mido and Keane (Banard on bench :P)

If only Rasiak could replicate his FM form... he's better than Keano on that.

Oh, and I thought Carrick was world class. Jol was pleased too, not read it yet, but he praised him on the site.

Edited by Messiah-Dice

Guest Ringo Von Masterson

Yeah, I've he's been banned from playing for Egypt for 6 months too.

Seems like Rasiak has gone to Southampton too, and may never come back.

Edited by Ringo Von Masterson

Happily he's been banned from Egyptian national team for six months which can only be a good thing for Spurs!

He seems to respond well to Martin Jol which is good.

And pleased to see the back of Rasiak, I heard an interview with Jol the other day who when asked about Rasiak said "He had his chance and he's failed".

I don't think that Mido should have been kicked out of the squad and banned. Yes, he was unproffesional, but was obviously motivated by the want to stay on and score, help the team win. If he apologised for his conduct later, after the game he should have been given a chance.

Still he's back at WHL now, cheers Egyptian FA.

And kinda sorry, yet relieved to see Rasiak depart. Always a shame to see a Spurs player leave off the back of a few poor performances. That said I wouldn't want to be waiting for him to find his feet in front of goal, when we need all the points we can get to try to reach Europe.

Mido is scared of Jol , Ahmed wouldnt dare .

I thought that the Mido thing was hillarious reminds me of doing exactly the same thing playing sunday league , mine included a shirt throw though . Wish i hadnt had done it , found myself on the bench for quite a while

Edited by The Slickman

Would have been interested in what a Sheringham/Rasiak strikeforce would have achieved, Teddy always had a rep for being 'the King Maker.' Andy Cole, Sir Les, Iversen all looked better playing alongside Sheringham, maybe Rasiak could have benefitted from it.

But in the current environment (Trying to get into the Champion's League) I think Teddy would have been a bad signing. He's not really a 90 minute player anymore, and now that Mido's back, we have 3 fantastic strikers competing for places, as well as a capable understudy in Barnard.