Official Tottenham Hotspur Thread

Guest Ringmaster The Living Legend

Also, didn't one of the Arsenal defenders just shove Keane off the ball in the penalty box....A proper shove...Surely that's not allowed...I couldn't believe nothing was given!

• Admin

Also, didn't one of the Arsenal defenders just shove Keane off the ball in the penalty box....A proper shove...Surely that's not allowed...I couldn't believe nothing was given!

That was Lehmann :thumbsdown:

Any manager that whines about decisions is what I call 'throwing stones at glass houses'. Jol doesn't do that.

Dream Team is on now. I wonder I prefer them to Spurs....

• Admin

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has hit back at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger following Saturday's controversial north London derby clash between the two sides.

Wenger was furious that Tottenham's goal in the 1-1 draw came after Michael Carrick did not kick the ball into touch as Emmanuel Eboue lay injured.

Carrick played on and found Edgar Davids who crossed for Robbie Keane to score.

Wenger had a touchline row with Jol and later accused the Dutchman of lying when he said he did not see the incident.

But Jol said of his fracas with the Gunners boss: "Everyone saw what happened and I think I did well to hold myself back.

"I really don't think he knows how strong I am, otherwise he wouldn't approach me with head-butts and everything.

"Irrespective of what is right and wrong I don't think managers should be acting like this.

"I've not had a drink with Wenger and I don't know if I will.

"I hate it when I'm right and I offer somebody a handshake and they walk away. That's very difficult to take."

He's 100% right, you know.

Tottenham boss Martin Jol has hit back at Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger following Saturday's controversial north London derby clash between the two sides.

Wenger was furious that Tottenham's goal in the 1-1 draw came after Michael Carrick did not kick the ball into touch as Emmanuel Eboue lay injured.

Carrick played on and found Edgar Davids who crossed for Robbie Keane to score.

Wenger had a touchline row with Jol and later accused the Dutchman of lying when he said he did not see the incident.

But Jol said of his fracas with the Gunners boss: "Everyone saw what happened and I think I did well to hold myself back.

"I really don't think he knows how strong I am, otherwise he wouldn't approach me with head-butts and everything.

"Irrespective of what is right and wrong I don't think managers should be acting like this.

"I've not had a drink with Wenger and I don't know if I will.

"I hate it when I'm right and I offer somebody a handshake and they walk away. That's very difficult to take."

He's 100% right, you know.

Guest muddatrucker

I think you'll probably find that if you do a little research Arsene Wenger offered to give them a replay, so basically that whole point is bollocks.

As for the actual discussion, I'm not bothered, I'd just rather it died down since its boring.

The difference is of course that they got a literal replay so Sheffield Utd got a replay for it all... but instead of a rematch they had to go to Highbury for a replay as if it was a draw, a match that Arsenal needed due to TV money to help out the financial situation and would almost certainly win.

Guest muddatrucker

Rather be given a draw than the loss which they actually had, but its true, that one game saved Arsenal Football team from folding due to lack of finances :rolleyes:

3_Photo50.jpg

Not that it proves anything, but out of interest, a Sky Sports News poll that I saw today showed that almost 3 in 1 people who voted said the ball should have been kicked out.

But then again, who'd vote for Spurs other than Spurs fans? :shifty:

I'd have kept it in, and I'm no Spurs fan, far from it. We could debate about this all night long and never get anywhere, other than flamming each other.

They deserve the 4th spot. They've worked well ALL season, and I've enjoyed watching them. They have some pretty decent players that have worked well as a unit this season, where as it looks like Arsenal are only starting to get things going.