Of which band/singer do you have the most albums?

ChrisSteeleAteMyHamster

I think A Momentart Lapse of Reason is correctly regarded as Pink Floyd's worst. I mean, they have a whole host of stinkers but AMLoR is probably the nadir of them. Despite that, Learning To Fly is, for some inexplicable reason, one of my favourite songs ever. So I actually have a copy of the album (unfortunately).

Ive got alot of Neil Young and Ramones Albums. Neil Young because, well, hes released over 35 albums, got the Metallica back catalogue too so thats probably up there.

From my youth i have all of the Korn albums, and have made an effort to get the latest ones they do even though i have no interest in them, just because I like a full collection.

Ive got alot of Neil Young and Ramones Albums. Neil Young because, well, hes released over 35 albums, got the Metallica back catalogue too so thats probably up there.

From my youth i have all of the Korn albums, and have made an effort to get the latest ones they do even though i have no interest in them, just because I like a full collection.

with Damo Suzuki

Please Heat This Eventually

How is that? I bloody love Damo Suzuki, but haven't checked this out yet.

It's probably the closest thing we'll ever get to new Can material. Even if it's just one 20 minute song it really fits Damo Suzuki's shouty/growly style of singing.

Also, it's only $2 or £1.30 buying it through Omar's bandcamp (also how I acquired such a huge amount of his music so cheaply <_< )

I have never found A Momentary Lapse of Reason to be that bad. It is decidingly average but it is not nearly as bad as The Final Cut.

Final Cut would be a lot better if it wasn't The Wall disc 3 (Basically), and if it didn't have so much filler.

Add Leonard Cohen to my list now - I bought the boxset of all 11 studio albums, so that's 11 studio albums, plus three live albums, a DVD, and two Best Ofs.

I'm not a big B-Side guy, or a live album guy. I just get the albums. Taking that into consideration, I have more Black Keys Albums than anything...

Attack and Release

The Big Come Up

Brothers

Magic Potion

Rubber Factory

Thickfreakness

El Camino

Other than that I have 5 Deftones albums, 4 Tool, 4 Death Cab, 4 Gorillaz, and 4 Strokes albums.

Realised I also have twelve albums by the Kinks, which is bizarre. Especially seeing as despite liking them I don't think they're that good, and I certainly don't think they've ever made a great album. Still, when they're being sold for £2 each you feel like you might as well.

Green Day and Alkaline Trio. If you're counting side projects, Alkaline Trio might push it, just because I keep forgetting to get Pinhead Gunpowder's albums again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have every single release of Burzum, Mayhem, Immortal, 1349, Darkthrone and Behemoth.

I'm missing one Marduk album (Wormwood) and one Satyricon album (The Shadowsthrone)

Well, here's a few of mine.

Goo Goo Dolls

Jed

Hold Me Up

Superstar Car Wash

A Boy Named Goo

Dizzy

What I Learned About Ego, Opinion, Art, and Commerce

Gutterflower

Let Love In

Something For The Rest Of Us

The only one I'm missing that I would actually buy is their first album. I didn't buy the greatest hits albums, because even the re-recordings were stuff that I already think is good. I mostly bought the 2001 "these songs were our favorites, even if they didn't top the charts" album because they re-recorded "Two Days In February" (the original cut was acoustic, and you could hear cars on the road), and it went backwards through their career. I also have a few soundtrack only songs ("Lazy Eye" from Batman & Robin, the two songs they wrote for Treasure Planet, and "Before It's Too Late" from the first Transformers movie).

Papa Roach

Infest

Lovehatetragedy (yes, that's how it's spelled)

Getting Away With Murder

The Paramour Sessions

Metamorphosis

I don't have their first album because apparently it isn't really worth hearing, I don't have Time For Annihilation because I'm not really big on live albums combined with studio recordings (I'd like it to be one or the other), and I don't have ...To Be Loved because the band specifically said, "Don't buy this." Oddly, I bought Lovehatetragedy first, mostly because one of the songs (I think it was "M-80 (Explosive Energy Movement") was in a commercial.

Our Lady Peace

Clumsy

Happiness... Is Not A Fish You Can Catch

Spiritual Machines

Gravity

Healthy In Paranoid Times

Burn, Burn

Curve (Okay, technically I'm buying it today)

Blame the World Wrestling Federation, and the man whom they have erased from their history. The moment I heard "Whatever", and then found out that a real band had written and recorded it instead of Jim Johnston hiring some vocalists, I had to listen to that band. I'm only missing Naveed, and that's because it's damned near impossible to find unless you buy it online, and for some reason, I have an aversion to Amazon (it's illogical, I know).

---------

The only thing that comes close beyond those is Richard Rodgers, because I have a lot of musical sound tracks from shows he wrote, as well as a couple of compilation albums that feature his work. That includes his work with both Lorenz Hart and Oscar Hammerstein II. Even then, I'm not sure it really counts, since musical theater composers aren't usually the same as those that record their singing (Cole Porter being an exception, and even then his recordings were more demo tracks for producers).

So there you are.

Realised I also have twelve albums by the Kinks, which is bizarre. Especially seeing as despite liking them I don't think they're that good, and I certainly don't think they've ever made a great album. Still, when they're being sold for £2 each you feel like you might as well.

:angry:

Village Green Preservation Society is legitimately a great album and probably my favourite album ever.

:angry:

Village Green Preservation Society is legitimately a great album and probably my favourite album ever.

I do like most of them, it's just that I wouldn't really call any of them favourites. Village Green is good though. Arthur is probably my favourite.

Jack Johnson - 6

Brushfire Fairytales

In Between Dreams

On and On

Sing-A-Longs and Lullabies for the film Curious George

Sleep Through The Static

To The Sea

Rise Against - 5

Appeal To Reason

Revolutions Per Minute

Siren Song for the Counter Culture

The Sufferer and The Witness

The Unraveling

Metallica - 5

Death Magnetic

Master of Puppets

Self-Titled Album

Reload

Ride The Lightning

and a few of their singles: St. Anger, Whiplash and One.

Kanye West - 5

808s and Heartbreak

The College Dropout

Graduation

Late Registration

My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

Disturbed - 5

Asylum

Believe

Indestructable

Sickness

Ten Thousand Fists

John Mayer - 5

The Village Sessions

Room for Squares

Heavier Things

Continum

Battle Studies

• 4 weeks later...

CD only, and just albums (studio + live + compilations).

Judas Priest - 19

Also an unofficial compilation, two singles, two DVDs and three tribute albums.

Iron Maiden - 18

Also five singles, four DVDs, four tribute albums.

Other bands I own at least ten albums from:

Axxis, Black Sabbath, Dio, Helloween, Iced Earth, Rage, Savatage, Saxon