TMNT live action reboot

Lint

Because then everyone will cry foul because the concept is too similar to TMNT and then lawsuits will happen, of course.

Seriously, though, that argument has always been flawed. If you want to feel nostalgic and like an 8 year old again, go watch the movies that you loved when you were 8. There is always a reason to wait and see cause there is no possible way you can predict a movie will be garbage. You do not have these abilities, no matter how hard you try.

Of course, if it does suck you're going to yell out, "Told you so!" And guess what. You'll still come off whiny then too.

• Like 1

If you want to feel nostalgic and like an 8 year old again, go watch the movies that you loved when you were 8.

Specifically, go watch those very, very early Ninja Turtles episodes. My favorites were the ones just after the Technodrome got pulled into Dimension X, when Shredder didn't have Krang and all of his henchmen and had to slum it in New York with Baxter Stockman using his wits and some magic crystal thing he was trying to put together for his helmet. Fantastic stuff and great continuity for one of those old cartoons.

Also, to be entirely fair (I feel dirty now!), Bay's stated that they're working closely with the creators of the series (eastman/laird) on the script and this adaptation so y'know. If they're working that closely with him on it, they had to have signed off on the changes as well.

Does anyone remember when Burger King ran that promotion where you could get TMNT VHS tapes? If you got a kids meal you could spend an extra $1.99 to get VHS that had two episodes of the cartoon on it. I think I still actually have those tapes kicking around here somewhere, all I remember was that one episode involved the turtles being shrunk and riding down the sewers on a bar of soap.

I just went and looked and I have The Great Boldini:

The Turtles must clear their names when they are believed to be jewel thieves who stole a priceless emerald during a magic act run by a wizard named Boldini.

I had the concert VHS that was a promo through...pizza hut? Maybe dominos...can't remember anymore. Think it's still at my dads house

The Turtles must clear their names when they are believed to be jewel thieves who stole a priceless emerald during a magic act run by a wizard named Boldini.

We had that one. I remember it being kind of meh primarily because it focused on Don Tortelli, their stupid Mafia guy. It did have copious amounts of the Rat King, though!

I had the concert VHS that was a promo through...pizza hut? Maybe dominos...can't remember anymore. Think it's still at my dads house

Pizza Hut. I had the cassette, and loved those songs more than I should.

"They said April . . . you can COOOUUUNT ON UUUUUS!"

I have that one too, with the one cop who kept calling them the Teenage Mutant Ninja Leprechauns (which is still a better idea than making them aliens)

Kevin Eastman on the changes:

Hey Guys, Sorry to have been away for so long--completely swamped with work--but it is some pretty exciting stuff. I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"

Peter Laird on them:

A few people -- who don't seem to understand that I am no longer in control of the property -- want me to stop this, somehow. Obviously, I can't do that, even if I wanted to.

But I would actually encourage TMNT fans to swallow the "chill pill" Mr. Bay recently suggested they take, and wait and see what might come out of this seemingly ill-conceived plan. It's possible that with enough truly creative brainpower applied to this idea, it might actually work. I'm not saying it's probable, or even somewhat likely... but it IS possible.

Kevin Eastman on the changes:

Hey Guys, Sorry to have been away for so long--completely swamped with work--but it is some pretty exciting stuff. I had been invited to check out the TMNT film development by my friend Scott Mednick over the years, and a while back had a full look behind the curtian at what writers Appelbaum and Nemec, director Liebesman, and producer Bay are doing--and trust me--it IS AWESOME. I'm officially on board, and will share more as I'm allowed... thanks all!"

Peter Laird on them:

A few people -- who don't seem to understand that I am no longer in control of the property -- want me to stop this, somehow. Obviously, I can't do that, even if I wanted to.

But I would actually encourage TMNT fans to swallow the "chill pill" Mr. Bay recently suggested they take, and wait and see what might come out of this seemingly ill-conceived plan. It's possible that with enough truly creative brainpower applied to this idea, it might actually work. I'm not saying it's probable, or even somewhat likely... but it IS possible.

Laird's full blog post on the matter is awesome.