The 2012 Masters Tournament Thread

Magus978

I usually start this thread around Masters time anyway, so let's get this kickstarted for today's practice round and Par 3 championship.

Who you got winning the Masters? Personally I'd like to see a player from the US (preferably Tiger, Jim Furyk, or Keegan Bradley) win it, but I wouldn't be opposed to Westwood breaking his duck in the majors.

I'd like to see Luke Donald finally win a major.

Aside from him, I always pull for guys like Martin Kaymer and Rickie Fowler - so uhh, those too!

The Par 3 competition starts on SkySports 1 in a few minutes, but I'll more than likely be watching the Chelsea match. I'll definitely be following the coverage of the tournament proper over the four days.

I hope Tiger wins it. He does so much for the sport, ratings wise. Honestly, Tiger winning the Masters might do more for the younger guys. If Tiger brings in the viewers cause he's leading or around the lead, then Rory and everyone will get their name and face out there. Then the rest of the tour this year can be centered around McIlroy trying to beat Tiger for a major.

• Like 1

I hope Tiger wins it. He does so much for the sport, ratings wise. Honestly, Tiger winning the Masters might do more for the younger guys. If Tiger brings in the viewers cause he's leading or around the lead, then Rory and everyone will get their name and face out there. Then the rest of the tour this year can be centered around McIlroy trying to beat Tiger for a major.

This is the problem with applying wrestling thinking to real sports.

• Like 1

Rooting for McIlroy here and pretty sure he will win it. People in the media keep asking him about last year but I thought he showed that he'd get over it by the way he handled himself in the aftermath. People forget that he had multiple top 10 finishes in majors already. I really think he wins if this year. I'd like to see him and Mickelson in contention late Sunday.

It really is a wide open field though. Mickelson has had a very good year. Tiger finally winning his last tournament gives him a much needed boost too.

This year will likely be titled the redemption of Tiger Woods, but I don't know if that puts him in a spot to win The Masters. I think this one will be won by a dark horse, but Mickelson, Woods, McIlroy, Donald, Mahan, and Westwood will all have their names close to or at the top during at least one of the rounds this weekend.

Is there anywhere to watch this while I wait for SkySports' coverage to start in 3 hours? Tiger's round has just started.

You can watch Amen Corner if you type in FirstRowSports on the search engine of your choice.

I have no idea why The Golf Channel has 7 hours of coverage today if they're not going to show anyone playing a hole from start to finish. Is there any other sport that doesn't have live wall to wall coverage of their biggest event of the year?

Guest mr. potato head

I have no idea why The Golf Channel has 7 hours of coverage today if they're not going to show anyone playing a hole from start to finish. Is there any other sport that doesn't have live wall to wall coverage of their biggest event of the year?

Is there any sport governing body other than Augusta that has such ridiculously restrictive and archaic rules as to what can be shown on TV?