NCAA Football 13

Dan

Man I am finding my fullback to be a godsend on both RTG and Dynasty modes! He does everything! Runs a bit, blocks all day, is free yards receiving after adding Spider 2/3 Y Banana to my playbook (thanks Jon Gruden) and he is money in the damn bank whenever I pull FB Dive in third and short or goal line situations. I love my fullbacks!

Edit: to clarify, that's in NCAA12

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm planning on getting this, but I've heard the 360 version has been godawful in terms of freezing issues and the additions are hardly worth the trouble. Has anybody who has played the 360 version gotten a good idea on if there's any big issues in dynasty as of this week?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, no new uniform update ? Yeah, a couple of pay ones that have like two each ... but not one single new update by the end of the season ?

Fuck you EA.

On the positive side though, I've found this year's game to be the most "shit team friendly" in terms of doing the Dynasty Mode. Especially if you take a good coach to a small school. The recruiting dynamics help and keep things pretty real but doable in this regard.

Anyone else still playing this ?

I'm still playing NCAA 12. I held out this year for the first time since they started making college football games back in the early 90's.

My hope is that the bring over (and fix) the physics engine from this year's Madden. Apparently its quite buggy, but with a year, they should be able to get it working. I held out this year hoping they'd do something more with Dynasty. It's the only mode I play and I feel like it's been essentially identical over the last four or five years.

I'm still playing NCAA 12. I held out this year for the first time since they started making college football games back in the early 90's.

My hope is that the bring over (and fix) the physics engine from this year's Madden. Apparently its quite buggy, but with a year, they should be able to get it working. I held out this year hoping they'd do something more with Dynasty. It's the only mode I play and I feel like it's been essentially identical over the last four or five years.

It is pretty much the same deal but outside of editing and customization I'm (off the top of my head) not really sure what else they can change in a major fashion. For me, the recruiting overhaul is worth it for reasons stated above. The addition in recent years of choosing a coordinator (with actual names) is pretty sweet too.

Although the one glaring issue for me is the conference customization ... I'd love it to be COMPLETE ... Use the damn licenses and let us use old conference logos/branding, and let us have true free reign so that we don't have to keep 4 teams in a stinking conference.

I'd like a weekly GameDay or recap style show. I understand this year has a score ticker during games? Glad that brought that back from the College Football USA '97 days...

Don't get my wrong, I love the series. I just feel like with an ESPN license, they could really make it feel more college football-y. I want a crowd that actually chants and reacts to what is happening on the field. I want the band to play other than just after a touchdown.

I just feel like they'd rather make sure you have a fucking mode where you can play a game as a mascot than worry about things that could make the game more authentic.

And God, yes, I'd love them to allow ultimate freedom on the conference editing. The way that conferences are going, they should allow us to get rid of conferences if we see fit. I guess it would fuck up their scheduling mechanics?

I'd like a weekly GameDay or recap style show. I understand this year has a score ticker during games? Glad that brought that back from the College Football USA '97 days...

Don't get my wrong, I love the series. I just feel like with an ESPN license, they could really make it feel more college football-y. I want a crowd that actually chants and reacts to what is happening on the field. I want the band to play other than just after a touchdown.

I just feel like they'd rather make sure you have a fucking mode where you can play a game as a mascot than worry about things that could make the game more authentic.

They've started to move that way. They do Studio Updates now with cut ins to the score screen with Rece Davis relaying the info, and the ticker is 'live' with your game's relative point in the schedule and does the whole 'priority score alert' as well. It's getting much better.

And God, yes, I'd love them to allow ultimate freedom on the conference editing. The way that conferences are going, they should allow us to get rid of conferences if we see fit. I guess it would fuck up their scheduling mechanics?

I'd be willing to be it's a coding/mechanics issue as it's the only thing that has any kind of logic to it in that regard.

I want the band to play other than just after a touchdown.

First downs?

First downs, when the home team forces a turnover, after a sack, change of quarters. Anything more than the few times they already play would be superb. You watch a college game and the band is playing almost constantly.

I want the band to play other than just after a touchdown.

First downs?

First downs, when the home team forces a turnover, after a sack, change of quarters. Anything more than the few times they already play would be superb. You watch a college game and the band is playing almost constantly.

Or, in the case of Tennessee, whenever you aren't currently playing 'Rocky Top', play 'Rocky Top'.

• 6 months later...