Wreck It Ralph

Maxx

The Evil Emperor Zurg is what you were looking for.. common mistake.

Ah yes, my mistake.

Was their not like a video game based off Buzz and Zurg in the movies though? That could be a reason for him being in the film

But I don't think ZURG was necessarily a video game character before he was a toy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0stJ3V2bYIY

From what I can recall, in canon the Buzz Lightyear brand started as a cartoon, hence the one that was on the Disney Channel.

That's at least how I remember it as well.

In the canon, the toys getting the "New Buzz Lightyear Movie" comes in between the 1st and 2nd film, and that movie was later split to make the first, second and third episodes of the animated series. That would mean Buzz started as a toy and then got a spin-off TV show and game afterwards.

Then again, it is a fucking cartoon. Who cares?

I am looking forward to this movie. Looks great.

• 4 months later...

I definitely loved how interconnected the story was by the end of it, and it was just a fun movie to watch, especially with all the different game characters. I was fairly surprised that they got the licensing for so many characters to be in the film, but it really added to the film.