The Continuing Chronicles Of Jay Feaster's Incompetence

Ruki

So Wayne Gretzky was in Seattle to catch the Mariners/Yankees game, and while there was talking to officials from Bellevue about building an arena capable of hosting an NHL/NBA team.

Steve Staios has joined the Maple Leafs. Start planning the parade now. :P

I'd definitely played Eric Staal with Skinner and Jordan Staal with Semin. That is a nightmare - who do you send your top checkers out against? They have Cam Ward, a decent defence...Carolina has improved a ton.

Guest mr. potato head

Staal, Staal, Semin & Skinner sounds like a law firm in some SNL skit involving a lisp.

Also, Tim Thomas says he stands with Chick-Fil-A. :(

Can we take Tim Thomas' Stanley Cup ring and give it to Luongo instead? >_>

Also, news that no one but Canucks fans will care about, Jannik Hansen earned a 1 game IIHF suspension for being a lunatic and going after 3 people by himself.

Jannik Hansen of the Vancouver Canucks and Denmark was suspended for one game after he "was actively involved in attacking Norwegian players Ole-Kristian Tollefsen, Martin Røymark and Mats Rosseli Olsen in a scrum." On Hansen:
The panel concluded that although the linesman tried to prevent Hansen from continuing his action, the player ignored these attempts and searched for new confrontations with his opponents. Hansen could not be calmed down. This resulted in sending the player off the ice and into the dressing room in order to prevent any further escalation.

jannik%20hansen.jpg

The face of a killer.

So there's a rumor that if Doan leaves Phoenix, he's looking for a 4 year contract worth 30 million (7.5 per year)

Obviously that's a bit much for him, but for some of the teams with cap space looking to get better, such as Toronto, I don't think the price should be a deal breaker here. I'd love to have him on the Rangers, and although he's 35, he most likely still has a few years left playing at a top level, but for a team paying Richards, Gaborik, Lundqvist, and Nash a hefty price, I'm not sure it would be in their best interest to sign Doan for 7.5.

The list of NHLers I have more respect for than Doan is quite short. I think he still has things to offer and he deserves to go out making good money on his last contract. A deal that makes him better paid than guys like Spezza, Getzlaf, Datsyuk, Toews, and every single player on the Stanley Cup Champions is a bit ridiculous for a 35+ contract.

Journalists are now calling bullshit on the "waiting for Phoenix ownership" story because it seems more like Doan and his agent (who mostly reps baseball players) are just driving up the price as much as possible before he finally signs with the 'Yotes, which it's always mentioned is where he really wants to be. Fair play to them, but teams will back out of negotiating once they see the writing on the wall.

TSN's reporting that the Flames and Detroit are in serious discussions about a trade involving Jay Bouwmeester.

If Jay Feaster can pull this off and get something significant in return, he will be my hero. If he can pull it off and we get prospects or picks instead, I will still applaud.

J-Bo and a 1st for White, Brunnstrom, and Emmerton

This is what you will get with Feaster as your GM.

....and fuck! Bettman is prepared to lock out the players come Sept 15th, even though the NHLPA are willing to play with the current CBA until a new one can be worked out.

This would be the second lockout in...what...6 or 7 years? I can't go a year without fantasy hockey! Plus, this year the Leafs are totally going to make it to the playoffs!

(Pros of lockout though: Leafs have the best chance at the 1st overall pick...although we'd likely end up with #16. And Getzlaf will be a FA! We could sign him!)

This would be the third lockout under the supervision of Gary Bettman.

That alone says to me that there is something wrong. Forget the multitude of other issues that are attributed to him, this is bad enough. The fact that this guy can't keep the game running smoothly is enough for me to call for his head. The second work stoppage should have seen his dismissal. If there's another one this year, then someone should just go ahead and force him out. It's bordering on ridiculous, especially based on what's being asked for.

"Hey, we're making money now more than ever in most markets."

"Yeah, Gary we are. Now what do you think about taking away opportunities for players to make money by changing the free agency rules and by slashing the hockey related revenue?"

"I don't see why not."

To me, the biggest issue this off season should have been the teams that aren't making money. If the owners want to put more in their pockets, then get rid of, or move, the teams that they have to subsidize to keep running.