RIP Andy Griffith

Your Mom

(Reuters) - Actor Andy Griffith, whose portrayal of a small-town sheriff made "The Andy Griffith Show" one of American television's most enduring shows, has died at his North Carolina home, television station WITN reported on Tuesday.

The television station quoted a longtime friend as saying that the 86-year-old actor died at his home on Roanoke Island. The Dare County Sheriff's dispatcher would say only that an ambulance was called to Griffith's residence but would not comment further.

When I was younger I used to watch his show all the time with my parents. Good times. RIP good sir

The Andy Griffith Show was awesome. I used to watch tons of it back when TBS used to show have like a four hour block of old shows like this. Matlock was also another great show for it's time. Rest in Peace Mr. Griffith. You provided some amazing entertainment.

Exactly! Let's remember him in all the proper ways!

It's just such a happy song!

Something about that song just makes me want to do a giddy strut.

In his honor, I will not carry a gun with me all day.

R.I.P. Andy.