LarZieJ plays Super Nintendo Games!

Monkey D. Lars

Which game shall I play next?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. After I finish Yoshi's Island (it's been awhile since an update but I will continue!) which RPG will I play:

• Breath of Fire
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Secret of Mana
    • Lufia II
    • Secret of Evermore
    • Super Mario RPG

Earthbound

I played some more Earthbound today. Last time I left the game Ellis was looking over a lake. Wondering how to get further into the game. I had to make my way back up to buy some bubblegum in a store next to the house I escaped from. I bought the Bubblegum for 1$ and gave some of the gum to the monkey who I lovely called: Little Jimmy.

ellismadeafriend.png

Little JImmy knows a little trick, if I give him bubblegum he will make a balloon out of it and he can fly. So He flew on top of the head of the Monster of Loch Earthbound. I forgot his real name. Then I got through a cave and continued my quest for the third sanctuary something. Little Jimmy found himself a date, another great moment in Earthbound in my mind.

monkeylove.png

After that I found the lab of Ellis's father who he had not seen in over 10 years. Poor Ellis. I used one of his machines and flew to Threed were I landed in the cave were Myself and Sousa were stuck. The boss fight I had was also another strange enemy, A CIRCUS TENT can it get any weirder with the enemies in this great game? Destroyed the tent, lured the zombies in the other circus tent and found my way to Mr. Saturn's village. Great, great people with very big noses. Some of the Mr. Saturns where being held captive as slaves. So I had to help them out. I had to go to a hidden cave/factory. The password was to wait three minutes. Did that and went into the cave. I breezed through it and fought the boss. It was a muk like boss. Gave him Honey Syrup and he didn't attack me anymore so I could easily beat him.

With that out of the way I continued my quest for the third Sanctuary. I entered a cave in the back of Saturn Village and on the other side was the boss guarding it.

anotherbossfight.png

After I cleared that fight I've gotten the third melody. I returned to Saturn village were I saved my game to be continued another day.

The next game I will play will be a platformer but I can't decide which one, pick the one I should play next. Maybe Megaman X? Donkey Country? Lion King?

• 1 month later...

Haven't touched this in a long time, so I kinda lost the story in Earthbound. I will finish that one later. The game I am going to play right now is one of my favorite SNES games and I think many of you think that about this game to. I will try to 100% every stage.

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

introf.png

What do you guys think about this gem?

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

storyfv.png

I remember this game almost like yesterday, at least the first world, the controls are great. Playing with Yoshi is great. Wait, the anoying thing is crying Mario. O man I hate that sound.

Everything went well untill I jumped into those poof kinda like enemies and then Yoshi looked like he ate mushrooms!!!

yoshidrunk.png

Yoshi on drugs, amazing. I cleared world one in about the hour the only stage I have left is the extra stage. Off to world 2!!!

stop1.png

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally about a month later I played this game again. Been busy lately with watching movies and series but I am glad I played this again. What a lovely platform game. Nowhere near Super Mario World though but still a great game. I started in world 2 and the most frustrating level to get 100 was 2-5. DAMN YOU. Played it about 4 times before I finally found every red coin. It also sucked that when I finally were at the end with everything I had to screw it up and get hit. So I ended up with 20 red coins, 5 flowers and 29! stars. GOD I was annoyed.

66m7.png

But I came through and finished it. Also before I forget to mention it my favorite transformation is in this world it's TRAIN YOSHI. Yoshi as a train just blows my mind. I wish the NS would change their trains here to make them look like Yoshi.

iqn.png

Most of the other levels in world 2 weren't that annoying, some levels I had to play twice because I forgot either some coins or a flower. The first boss in stage 4, the Big Boo was rather easy as was the boss in the second castle. It was a huge ghost, I just had to push her, I guess it's a here because she had a hair clip, off the cliff on the other side. The 2 shy guys didn't stand a chance pushing her back. Dark blue Yoshi is just to powerful!!!!

pir.png

Well it's time to watch a movie, I will clear world 3 by the end of the week for sure. And so far Super Mario RPG is in the lead, so that will be the next game as soon as I finish this one.

O by the way this stupid song, well stupid might be the wrong word, I mean awesome song, was in my head the entire day today, Going to download the show if it's possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg8g2oqRCAg

• 2 weeks later...

Chopped my way through World 3, Wooooooooo!. Got every level at a perfect ratio, Woooooooo! And I watched the Ric Flair DVD, Woooooooo!

Every level in this world except for the last castle has monkey in em'. I like those monkeys. Also you come across:

wyb0.png

The enemy that is on the cover of the game! They are easily one of the least annoying enemies in this game. Just shoot a egg against them and jump over.

Had to re-do the second stage because I forgot a stupid red coin. I jumped over it. Not my smartest moment. One of my favorite boss fights of the whole game is in this level. Can you guess which one? Exactly the middle boss one. Why? You reach the end of the level and there you come face to face with a Frog. Kammi comes by again and you expect the frog to get bigger but NOOO. You get very small and get eaten by the frog.

nqp8.png

And after you have defeated him you get pooped out. Anyhow in the next stage which I had to do over once for a lack of stars and one of forgetting a flower. The lack of stars came because of these little fuckers:

nxp.png

I keep looking over them and either run into them or jump on top of them. After defeating this stage it was rather easy. I rolled through the world 100ing every stage along the way. The final boss in this world was a Piranha Plan who get's big and you need to shoot a egg against the wall into his weak point. Repeat 3 times for victory.

jce.png

Time for world 4!