LarZieJ plays Super Nintendo Games!

Monkey D. Lars

Which game shall I play next?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. After I finish Yoshi's Island (it's been awhile since an update but I will continue!) which RPG will I play:

• Breath of Fire
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Secret of Mana
    • Lufia II
    • Secret of Evermore
    • Super Mario RPG

A Link to the Past

Had some time to play plenty of Zelda today, gotten further ahead in the game. Almost found every heart piece there is. One moment I always love about this game is this moment:

mastersword.png

0I like getting the Master Sword, then it was off to the Dark World. I finished the first dungeon here fast, after that I've gotten some more heart pieces and that earthquake medal. Then I went on and did some work ahead by getting the flute with the bird. (for the 6th dungeon). Had some heart trouble with the easiest boss in the game >_< the water dungeon boss. That water thing with all those little things around it. Also defeated dungeon 3 and 4, gotten the red sword and some more heart pieces. I also already have all of the 4 magic bottles.

hartjess.png

This is the amount of hearts I already have. As you can see I also already have the 1/2 magic meter that you get then you put some magic powder over a statue in a cave which is located in the area of the two dwarfs smiths.

save2.png

This is how far I finished today. I played for 5 hours today and I am enjoying the heck out of this classic game. Anyone who never played this game should feel ashamed, can't wait because I want to continue right now and get the final two crystals, the golden sword, the final 4 heart pieces so I can get 20 hearts and I want to destroy Ganon for the first time because I always got killed fighting him when I was little.

I think I will finish a Link to the Past this week and I am having trouble to decide which game to play next. I want to play a platformer, but I can't decide between: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, Super Mario World, Donkey Kong Country 1, 2 or 3. Please Help!

Super Mario World is super-duper hard at parts. I played it fairly recently and had forgotten how tough some of the Star Road levels could be (especially the one where you have to stay inflated). That said, with the right path you can beat it in a solid hour or so.

Super Mario World is super-duper hard at parts. I played it fairly recently and had forgotten how tough some of the Star Road levels could be (especially the one where you have to stay inflated). That said, with the right path you can beat it in a solid hour or so.

That's what I used to do when I was young to go the the haunted mansion stage in world 2, then the secret ending of that level. Then onto the star road and 2 more stages and your at Bowser's Castle. But that's not what I'm planning to do this time, I want to beat all the stages after I finished Zelda, so I hope I can begin with SMW this weekend.

A Link to the Past

andanotherone.png

I finally gotten to the last part of the game. Defeated the sixth dungeon pretty easy. After that I went up to Death Mountain, but before that I collected the Silver/Gold Bow and Arrow and offcourse the Golden Sword, where would I be without it?

goldensword.png

On Death Mountain I collected the last two heart pieces left and defeated the last dungeon, thus getting the last Crystal with Princess Zelda in it. With 20 Hearts and every weapon I got onto the last Dungeon, Ganon's Tower. I remembered that back in the day I sucked at this dungeon but I did it fairly easy this time, gotten my last item the Red Mail and defeated the last boss but that dastardly Ganon escaped and flew into the big Pyramid.

bossssk.png

This was the big battle I've been waiting years for to complete, but wooow this was easy. Killed Ganon in 2 minutes :shifty:

Then I went into another room where I found the Triforce. I wished that everything would return to normal so it did and I finally finished: Zelda: A Link to the Past.

uitgespeeld.png

I must say I really, really enjoyed playing this classic game. I can for sure play it again next year and enjoy it as much as I did this week. Just now an idea popped into my brain and I am going to make a top 10 list snes games and each time I completed a game it will get onto the list so now the only one on it is Zelda, but hopefully I will complete more than 10 games. It's not about how good they are but how much I enjoy the game what will rank them. (the list will be in the first post)

Now on to the next game: Super Mario World! :wub:

Super Mario World

hetbegin.png

Today I started with my second Super Nintendo game, it was time for a classic platformer with Super Mario World!!! :w00t:

I've finished this game many times in my past, I never thought this game was that hard, but there are some frustrating parts like that secret level you can get to when you get to the center of the star. Those are some annoying stages. Can't remember if I ever finished those stages, but I will do that now!

world1.png

It's time to get stared with world 1, it's always nice to hear the music of this game it is so great. I started out by doing the left stage and going atop of the mountain and getting the yellow blocks. After that I quickly gotten to Iggy Koopa's Castle and whiped the floor with him. Mario is such a badass that he throws him into the lava and even blows up his castle (like he does to every castle).

iggykoopa.png

After that I did some stuff in world 2, like getting the green blocks and getting the roads open to the two haunted houses. After that I thought it was enough for the day because the weather is way to beautiful to be inside today, so this is where I finished today:

save1fo.png

Well, I hope you lads enjoyed the memory of SMW as much as I do playing it again. Check back tommorrow for another update. :pervert:

Super Mario World

Last time I played, I stopped after t' first haunted mansion. Today I had some time left to play some more Super Mario World!!!

First thing I did was replay that Haunted House to get my first Star Road!

firststarroad.png

Haven't played a single level on t' Star but o well, got my first way to it. I'll think I will finish those levels later on in t' game.

After that I finished all t' other levels in world 2, but than! I remembered Sousa telling about that Top Secret Level, I can not tell you guys how to get there but I will show you guys how t' level looks :pervert:

topsecretarea.png

That's t' top secret area that no one ever speaks off. Onto other things, I utterly destroyed Morton Koopa jr. and went on to t' dangerous but not that hard Vanilla Dome. In here I got my third block thingy, t' pink/red/darkpink one. I also opened up another way to t' Star Road. I finished both directions already because I am to lazy to backtrack later in t' game. Than Lemmy Koopa's doom awaited him as I jumped on top of him and threw him in t' lava beneath his beloved pipes and as destructive as I am, well, just take a look:

lemmykoopa.png

Than I arrived at t' two bridges, don't have to tell you guys, finished both ways already, even got to soda lake and found myself a way to another star road portal. Kicked t' next koopa who's name I already have forgotten and moves on to t' Illusion Forest. I always liked this level because of t' two ways you can almost finish each level. Also got my last block unlocked here, t' purple one. Destroyed a random castle to find my way to a Star Road portal.

Than I saved t' game by redoing a haunted house so I can take a shower and watch a Wire episode.

save2w.png

Already know what type of game I want to play next and that will be a RPG, so suggestions are welcome, maybe I will be stubborn and play a game I like, or one of you guys will come with an awesome suggestion. :blush:

So t' Top Secret Level is just a power up pit stop?

Also, if you're going to do an RPG next, then t' obvious choice is Final Fantasy VI.

t' same.

Also show us what wacky names you give t' characters.

Super Mario World

It's time to finish Super Mario World so I can begin another Super Nintendo title. Last time I stopped I was at the fifth castle, I defeated it easily. But after that came Chocolate Land, and I really still hate those levels, I needed over an hour to complete this damn world.

wendykoopa.png

Finally she's done for it. After that I went on to get through the ghost ship (think it's one of those flying ships from Super Mario Bros. 3)

At the end of the level I pressed a green switch and Bower's cave appeared from underwater. Still looks awesome today. I went pretty fast through the last world. Got both ways to Bowers castle as you can see here.

bowers.png

You guys would think I would save the princess right away but no, she has to have some patience. First offcourse I am going to finish star road. That was done pretty fast but man, than came the secret world with those horrible/awesome/hard/great levels got them all finished in about 2 hours. The longest level was the second one. Turbulance it was called I think. That's the one were you have to fly to the end of the level with 2 power balloons.

irule.png

fallr.png

After that the whole world turns to the next season fall, at least that's what it looks like. Well off I went to save me a Princess. Lazy as I am,

I took the secret entrance which placed me straight at the Bowser Fight, well. Pictures tell a lot more than words:

bossfight.png

defeated.png

kissl.png

:wub:

partye.png

As you can see, I finished my second Super Nintendo game. Again just like with Zelda: A Link to the Past, my memory was still right. This game is still cool even after 21 years. I did not enjoy it as much as Zelda, but still it was a great game to play and one of the better platformers ever made.

Right now I want to play an RPG and I never played either Final Fantasy III (VI) or Earthbound, I picked Earthbound to start with. Don't know if you can name characters but if you can Ness will be LarZieJ, if someone here wants to be someone in game, just say it and you will get yourself a character if that's possible.

Stay tuned...