LarZieJ plays Super Nintendo Games!

Monkey D. Lars

Which game shall I play next?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. After I finish Yoshi's Island (it's been awhile since an update but I will continue!) which RPG will I play:

• Breath of Fire
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Secret of Mana
    • Lufia II
    • Secret of Evermore
    • Super Mario RPG

Earthbound

titlehz.png

It's time to play some Earhtbound, I never played this game but with some people saying I must play this game, I think it will be a great experience. I just read some reviews about it and I hope it's true with what they say, that the humor is awesome in this game because well, I honestly did not laugh much during my playthroughs with Super Mario World and Zelda: A Link to the Past.

Well I hope this game will fullfill reach the high bar I have settled for it. I already gotten through the first screens of the game and I must say, I like how the characters look. I already knew Ness but I don;t know jack about the other 3. Ness I do play a lot with in Super Smash Brothers. So it will be great knowing how awesome his own adventure is. Well it's time to start my epic playthrough of Earthboud: The war against Giygas!

(well here is the first screenshot!)

namesj.png

btw Giygas? damn one of the weirdest words I have ever heard

It's crazy to think that I preferred the Mega Drive (Genesis) when I was a kid. The SNES was just infinitely superior.

I was in the same boat. Looking back, the Genesis didn't really hold up. But the Sonic trilogy (plus Sonic & Knuckles add-on) really kicked ass back then. And MK2 only had blood on the GEN.

I like that ORO is poo. :shifty:

Yeah well, you're a girl! :P

Edited by OctoberRavenO

...Okay you got me there.

:crying:

THIS IS MY FAVORITE GAME OF ALL TIME AND I DON'T EVEN GET NAMED?

:shifty:

Great idea to play it, really.

This. First RPG I ever played. Then Chrono, FF3[6]. MOTHER/Earthbound still stands out as the best one of em just to pick up and play, kill a few hours and play it again later.

Also on another note, old Wii was broke, modded the spare, playin along with ya buddy.

Earthbound

Finally I played some Earthbound, played not much only for one and a half hour but it's a start!.

Well you lads know who had the luck to enter this mighty adventure. I liked the start. I was lying bed when suddenly CRASH something crashed. I wanted to walk outside but my mommy wanted me to change clothes. After I changed clothes (I already picked up the bat) I went to talk to my lovely dog Mykel.

mykeltriestobefunny.png

Well, some police people are lazy and hate their job, but hey they say some funny stuff. Well up on the mountain I saw a meteorite but the police blocked me off. So I talked to the fat kid named Pokey and he said he will investigate it. Let's skip the next part.

policet.png

I was back up fought some cool bird and dogs, I leveled up to level 4 when I arrived at the meteorite again. Mykel then changed from a great and helpfull dog into a pussy. I found Pickey and we walked past the meteorite when suddenly Buzz Buzz came about and well he is one funny 'dung beetle'. He told the basic RPG stuff but it was so funny, so it appears that I am the chosen one together with two others boys and one girl.

mykelleft.png

After that I returned home but got attacked by Starman but it was fairly easy because Buzz Buzz was protecting me.

starmanjunior.png

After that I went on with the game when I really had a laugh out loud moment when the mother of Pickey and Pokey killed off the amazing Buzz Buzz with one slap! The text that followed was also very funny, with him telling he is dying but that he had some stuff to tell. It was written in a really funny way. I am already in love with this amazing game.

Well than the story continued and I follow my path to downtown Onnett. Here I leveled up to level 8 by fighting bullies. Died a lot because damn they do a lot of damage. Tommorrow I will go inside the arcade and fight Frank.

The first impression I have of this game now is really great, the battles are done in a cool way especially when you have a critical hit and SMASH appears in the screen. The humor is great and it still looks nice this day. Well I am really happy that I started this game already and not started Secret of Mana/Donkey Kong/Final Fantasy III before it. I hope the game will get even funnier! (I also like the enemy designs! Pogo stick guy >_< )

To be continued.....

• Like 1

Earthbound

Today I've played some more Earthbound yeah! Don't know how far I am in the game, don't think far at all, you guys should know because I've never played it before.

Well last time I saved I was about to battle Frank. Frank sucked. Defeated him in one hit. After I defeated Frank the mayor gave me the key to a tourist shack, I contineud my was and came across some dangerous enemies like:

rowdymouse.png

Rowdy Mouse, how dangerous can your adventure be? Every other hero in any RPG should be thankfull that they don't have to save the world in Eagleland. (thats how the world is called right?)

I leveled myself up to level 12 and I continued my journey up the cave. I was on my way to Gian Step to get my first sound medley thingy. Right before I was at the Giant Step I was being attack by an evil looking giant Ant! :o I defeated him and found my way to the Giant Step.

firstboss.png

I continued my adventure to the next town called Townson I think. Can't quite remember already. But before that I slept at the Hotel and something creepy happened:

sousan.png

Sousa is stalking me in my sleep. Things are getting scary. He/she needs to be saved but the game got even scarier when I got attacked on my way to Townson, look at poor little me:

wtful.png

I've got a mushroom on my head. I found this really annoying because it messes up your control directions.

Well I've done some shit in townson like helping little apple guy who gave me a phone and defeated some weird guy who jumped off a roof. I went on to save Sousa because that's what I needed to do next and I can use some little help on my adventure. I continued my journey to Happy Happy Town where I saved Sousa and defeated a guy who wanted to paint a red door blue, I mean the whole world blue. Even Pokey tried to destroy me that fat little fellow.

sousasaved.png

After that part I saved my game, I am at level 16 right now and Sousa is level 5. The game is not that hard but it is really really fun. I can see why people call it their favourite game. Thus far I think it's awesome but not better than Zelda: A Link to the Past or Super Mario World. It is getting close to being much more fun than Super Mario World because of the humor and how great the game. (Y)

• 5 months later...

Guys, I finally wanted to continue but I've been wondering around in a town for hours now and I am stuck. Someone please HELP!!!

These were the last screenshots I took:

runawayfive.png

carpenter.png

sousaismuchhelp.png

bossant.png

And this is were I am walking around now:

waarbenik.png

Well, I will walk around some more!

Forget the post above this, I figured it out.

Earthbound

So last time I saved back in august I was at Threed, a dark town overrun by zombies!! Who ate everybodies neighbours. Well I was wondering around with Sousa by my side and walked into too zombies who directly took a look in my empty dutch soul.

ghostnzombies.png

After that creepy moment I was just wondering around, I didn't know where to go untill I walked back to save the game and a woman with almost no clothes on walked into the hotel. The hotel employee was gone and the woman stared at me and I followed her into a hotelroom. HOT NIGHT, no ambush :bang: .

ambushq.png

Me and Sousa woke up in a cave with a locked door and somehow Sousa has a mind-connection with Ellis. She asked Ellis to help us, Ellis woke up and followed and was being followed by his best bud Tony. I escaped the big villa with help of Tony with some great Teamwork and wondered off to a tent to save. Ellis, you are the earth last hope.....a scary thought.

savej.png