LarZieJ plays Super Nintendo Games!

Monkey D. Lars

Which game shall I play next?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. After I finish Yoshi's Island (it's been awhile since an update but I will continue!) which RPG will I play:

• Breath of Fire
    • Chrono Trigger
    • Secret of Mana
    • Lufia II
    • Secret of Evermore
    • Super Mario RPG

Currently Playing: Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island

Finished Games:
Super Mario World
Zelda: A Link to the Past

Top 10 Snes Games:
1. Zelda: A Link to the Past
2. Super Mario World

I wanted to do this for a while, playing old school Super Nintendo games (on a emulator offcourse) and share my thoughts about the games with you guys.
I still like the Super Nintendo a lot with a lot of great games. I am going to start playing tonight, but I don't know with which game I want to start.
I'd like to start with one of these games:

- Donkey Kong Country
- Super Mario RPG
- Super Mario World 2
- Secret of Mana

any other game suggestions are welcome too.

Damn there are a lot of games I want to play: the Megaman games, Harvest Moon, Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, Dragon Quest, Kirby, happy.gif

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

• Like 3

Yea, still got mine. Not set up right now.

Yoshi's Island is one of my favourites. Not often I see it referred to using the SMW2 moniker. That reminds me, I need to play the DS game one day...

Emulators are fine but you really should pick up a proper SNES.

They're not expensive all things considered and the experience of the console is way better than an emulator.

That's true, that's true.

Bought a PC controller today with the exact same layout as a Super Nintendo Controller :lol:

Think I am going to start with A Link to the Past

Emulators are fine but you really should pick up a proper SNES.

They're not expensive all things considered and the experience of the console is way better than an emulator.

That's true, that's true.

Bought a PC controller today with the exact same layout as a Super Nintendo Controller :lol:

Think I am going to start with A Link to the Past

It's a good call really, the controller can make all the difference in the end usually. I went a big thing where I was going to start buying SNES games for my old console - but that's a pain in the ass, and a really stupid one too.. because the games that are being sold around here, whether at regular stores or at pawn shops and market sales are outrageously priced.

I want a copy of Super Metroid myself but like you say, very pricey.

I did manage to get a copy of Castlevania IV a few years back, cart only, for a fiver which looking at eBay, seems to be a bargain.

• Like 1

A Link to the Past

introvr.png

I started of my Super Nintendo game playing run with this game and it's one of the best snes games in my memory. I never defeated Gannon when I was young. So i'm planning on doing that this time around. When this game was released I was barely 3 years old. I got a Super Nintendo when I broke my arm when I was 5 and included was this game and still it's one of my favorite games I have ever played.

save1x.png

Well I've played a little bit tonight and as you can see this is as far as I've gotten, some annoying enemies encountered already. I still hate those red octopus rock shooting things. Got 1 extra heart container already and half way there for the next one. It's awesome how much you can remember from a game you played when you were very little.

Hope I can play some more tommorrow :w00t: