Football Manager 2013

Lineker

The match engine is so horrifically broken since the last patch, any player with more than 15 pace and dribbling will score a hat trick a game, guaranteed.

My tactic has basically become 'Give the ball to HBA, he goes on a 45 yard run past three defenders and scores'.

I'm going back to FM12 till the next patch.

Good, finish the Pentagon.

They've released an emergency patch already. Though I promise the Pentagon is not dead, I'm just a little behind on the updates.

The New Europe database is so exciting.

Was handed my first Champions League group with København - Chelsea, Juventus and Galatasaray. :mellow:

Could have been worse - poor old BATE landed Barcelona, PSG and Borussia Dortmund.

After filling our boots 1-0 at home to Galatasarary and then 2-2 away at Juve, I felt confident for our Stamford Bridge trip.

The 8-3 loss didn't help our confidence - but can we say we won the last hour having gone behind 6-0 after half an hour? That's basically a win, right?

Got sacked by Villa in early December so started again as Rangers to continue my easing into the new game. I do like the changes to the loan system but it still seems unbalanced in some respects, such as me being able to loan in someone like Alan Tate for 2 years and not having to pay a penny.

Almost got that double hat trick achievement too but Kevin Kyle only managed 5. :(

And he scores 3 in the next game too. This is going to be a cake walk. :shifty: Well, except for the crippling financial losses.

Divine intervention in my FA Cup 5th round tie at Manchester City.

"And City are about ready to kick us back off for the second half, where they trail 2-1 to Chelsea but arguably have been the stronger team so far..."

*AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGHHHH*

"...Oh dear. It seems that in the act of tapping the ball aside for the kick-off, City striker Rodrigo has collapsed with a broken leg. Nasty one that."

I'll take it. (H)

Finished 4th in my second season with City, and United ran away with the league in the end. Decided to ring the changes seeing as I wasn't sacked- I brought in Toni Kroos and Mario Gotze for about £55m combined. Got rid of a lot of dead weight too. Tevez was unhappy, so I flogged him to Barca for £25m. Balotelli went to Newcastle for £13m, Milner went to Blackburn for £8m and Rodwell went to Juventus for £10m. Released a lot of players too, like Kolo Toure, Wayne Bridge, Gareth Barry and a host of youngsters and reserves.

This is my team then, as they line up against MLS All Stars before going in to the third season:

Hart

Richards - Nastasic - Kompany © - Rojo

Y. Toure - Fellaini

Silva - Kroos - Gotze

Neymar

Subs: Pantillimon, Clichy, Lescott, Bale, Nasri, Aguero, Falcao

I'd like to see them try and stop me winning this year!

I'd definitely play Gareth Bale left back before leaving him on the bench, especially when you've got Rojo playing there.

Was meant to get an email with a code to download FM from steam o Christmas Day and it still hasn't arrived. So now, one angry email later, I'm left with o FM after uninstalling 2012 and I'm bored senseless. :angry:

I'm trying to hoover up the Steam Achievements (to the extent of even doing the Tutorials, for goodness' sake :shifty:), and am wondering if anyone has found somewhere that tells you the requirements on FMC to earn the 'Unlockables'? Besides buying them, obviously...

I have already unlocked High Visibility, No Sacking and Foreign Influx - though I don't remember how. The remaining ones are National Management, No Work Permits, Son Generated, No Transfer Windows, No Loan Restrictions, All Players Interested and Unlimited Scouting.

I have this vague recollection of reading somewhere that the Son Generated one can be earned by playing through 10 seasons in one game. Googling the damn things isn't yielding results at the moment, unfortunately.

I would assume that the scouting one might be getting your scouting knowledge up way high but, if you're playing as Chelsea as I also assume, I would have thought you'd be close to that anyway.

National management maybe winning an international tournament?

And, yeah, son generated I guess would be play for a long ass time.

Those would be my guesses, not much clue for the others.

I'm trying to hoover up the Steam Achievements (to the extent of even doing the Tutorials, for goodness' sake :shifty:), and am wondering if anyone has found somewhere that tells you the requirements on FMC to earn the 'Unlockables'? Besides buying them, obviously...

I have already unlocked High Visibility, No Sacking and Foreign Influx - though I don't remember how. The remaining ones are National Management, No Work Permits, Son Generated, No Transfer Windows, No Loan Restrictions, All Players Interested and Unlimited Scouting.

I have this vague recollection of reading somewhere that the Son Generated one can be earned by playing through 10 seasons in one game. Googling the damn things isn't yielding results at the moment, unfortunately.

If you look on the store page, it tells you in the description for any applicable ones. It's also through where you apply them to your game if you have unlocked one...