Sons of Anarchy, The Final Season **SPOILERS**

MalaCloudy Black

• 1 year later...

Back from the dead!

I'm kinda wondering myself. The leader of the Mayans was fine as a character, not sure I want a whole show about him. Is this continuing on from the end of Sons of Anarchy or does it take place prior? 

Truth be told, I'd rather a prequel that gives us John Teller's story with a young Clay and Piney. 

1 minute ago, VerbalRick said:

I'm kinda wondering myself. The leader of the Mayans was fine as a character, not sure I want a whole show about him. Is this continuing on from the end of Sons of Anarchy or does it take place prior? 

Truth be told, I'd rather a prequel that gives us John Teller's story with a young Clay and Piney. 

Problem with that is who could play a young Clay with the right intensity to compare to Ron Perlman?

There haven't really been any plot details released about it, the only thing that I can find is that it "may" be set during the aftermath of the final SoA season. Sutter wants to have the prequel and the spinoff run alongside each other, but the prequel hasn't been greenlit by FX yet.

• 1 month later...

Mayans MC, the Sons of Anarchy spinoff, is officially happening.

Uproxx:

FX announced that the pilot for Mayans MC — Kurt Sutter’s Sons spinoff about SAMCRO’s sometimes friendly, sometimes rival gang, the Mayans Motorcycle Club — is officially revving up, which is exciting news for fans of bad motor vehicle wordplay. The series will take place “in a post-Jax Teller world, where EZ Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the Cali/Mexi border, struggles with his desire for vengeance against the cartel, and his need for respect from the women he loves.” Sutter co-wrote the pilot with his producing partner Elgin James, who founded the anti-racist street gang FSU (which originally stood for F*ck Sh*t Up; it became Friends Stand United).

As an aside, FSU kind of became assholes that were aggro meatheads looking to beat on people at shows. Oh and they were straight edge to add to their militant attitude. They had a video called Boston Beatdown which is basically FSU guys fighting people.

One of their guys killed a guy wearing a Lynrd Skynrd shirt with a confederate flag on it.

Anyway, I'll check the show out due to curiosity. Hopefully its more like the early days of SOA.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

http://www.avclub.com/article/sons-anarchy-spin-being-re-cast-and-re-shot-257723

The show’s pilot is being sent back for reshoots, with creator Kurt Sutter handing over directorial control of the project to incoming EP Norberto Barba. Sutter will stay on in a writing and producing role, but the actual directing work will now be handled by Barba. The series is also expected to recast several key roles, although it’s not clear yet which members of the cast—which includes Edward James Olmos, Richard Cabral, John Ortiz, Antonio Jaramillo, Clayton Cardenas, and lead JD Pardo as a newcomer to the infamous motorcycle gang—will get the boot.

The original Sons Of Anarchy underwent a similar re-shoot procedure, trading out Scott Glenn for Ron Perlman in the make-or-break role of club leader Clay Morrow. It remains to be seen whether Mayans’ tinkering will net the same long-running rewards that its predecessor managed to score.