NHL '13 GM Connected (X360)

Cactus Drags

Edminton smashes Colarado 9-4! Nugent-Hopkins bags 3 and is proving to be a terror for human players. Well, I forget if he scored against apsham but that's like 8 goals in 2 games against humans!

Fuck Philly.

This. And injuries, man. I was going well but then I lost Pyatt, Hagelin, Boyle and Sauer. Not key players but it's messed up my lines, especially with Boyle out for 38 games. Rick Nash had a penalty in my last game and because of the injuries (Stepan was injured at the time too) I ended up with Gaborik having to play alongside Rupp and Halpern for a bit. Need to dip into free agency because I've been left with my 'best lines' including a defenseman playing RW on my 4th line.

Now that's what I'm talking about! Just thrashed the Flyers, 10-3 and honestly the goals they scored boiled straight down to junk rubber band goals that had no business going in.

PK Subban scored FOUR goals and had 14 shots.

My only game left is against Calgary.. you able to play anytime Gabs, or..?

I'm actually just loading up GM Connected right now if you're available.

EDIT: No one was online, so I played a game against Tampa Bay (CPU). I don't know how you guys are getting so many goals, but every game I have played so far, against Human or CPU, has been incredibly close and tight checking.

Edited by Gabriel

Now that's what I'm talking about! Just thrashed the Flyers, 10-3 and honestly the goals they scored boiled straight down to junk rubber band goals that had no business going in.

PK Subban scored FOUR goals and had 14 shots.

My only game left is against Calgary.. you able to play anytime Gabs, or..?

I'm actually just loading up GM Connected right now if you're available.

EDIT: No one was online, so I played a game against Tampa Bay (CPU). I don't know how you guys are getting so many goals, but every game I have played so far, against Human or CPU, has been incredibly close and tight checking.

Are you still around? I could pop in after this episode of Gravity Falls ends.. in about 20.

It's kind of weird to see teams making moves this early in the season. I haven't even been able to get a good handle on what I have and what I need for my franchise, and there's been movement already.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't make trades or whatever. Just saying that you won't see me doing it for awhile, because I'm thinking bigger picture (even if we may only end up doing one season).

I still hate the menus, by the way. Could EA have made them any slower in GM Connected? It takes three minutes just to load everything when you go to do something.

It's kind of weird to see teams making moves this early in the season. I haven't even been able to get a good handle on what I have and what I need for my franchise, and there's been movement already.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't make trades or whatever. Just saying that you won't see me doing it for awhile, because I'm thinking bigger picture (even if we may only end up doing one season).

I still hate the menus, by the way. Could EA have made them any slower in GM Connected? It takes three minutes just to load everything when you go to do something.

I agree. The online games have almost no lag for me, but those menus are a nightmare.

I've only played one game online so far (against you, Toe) but there was zero lag for me. It played as smooth as it does offline. I realize that the menus in GM Connected will have to be slower because it needs to load the information, but shouldn't it be possible to do a one-time load, where it pulls everything in for the current session?

Handling my roster is a nightmare. Load three minutes, go to Roster Moves, load, make changes, exit, load three minutes, go to line changes, load, make changes, exit, load three minutes.

It's a bit much.

This, so, so much.

And yes, Quick for Miller is ridiculous. Especially if, as you say, Quick has been awful this season. "Oh, your goalie's shitting the bed every night? Do you want ours instead? Sure we'll take him off your hands for you!"

It takes bloody long enough to load up all these requests, stop wasting my time.

I'm kind of bothered by all the movement too - makes me feel like I should be doing something.

Oh and yeah, Gabriel - I went ahead and played our game last night. My Gold was due to run out and I don't know when I'm going to be able to get it back (soon, but maybe not by Wednesday). I barely and I mean barely scrapped out a victory when it came down to it. It was goal for a goal and in the last three minutes a popped up puck landed directly on my goal line and Price fell back on it to negate overtime. It was heart pounding.