Soccer Question

Your Mom

^^^

What he said. The only problem with the injury time/stoppage time thing is that it generally never adds up. For example, I think it might've been the Arsenal/Middlesbrough game on Sunday, at the end of the game (might've been half time), 1 minute of stoppage time was added on. However, during that half, there was at least 3-5 minutes of stoppages. I think that the clocks should stop when the ball goes out of play or if the game stops, that way they can at least have the full full 45 minutes per half properly.

There were always stats on Sky Sports about how little the ball is actually in play in a football match. When you add it all up for the 90 minutes the ball can be out of play for large chunks.

But that's the game I guess. I've played matches where old referees stop the clock when the ball goes out - and they take ages to get done.

It also helps with getting games started and finished around the same times, necessary at those tight end of season moments. As well as allowing Manchester United those crucial extra ten minutes to score winning goals.

What he said. The only problem with the injury time/stoppage time thing is that it generally never adds up. For example, I think it might've been the Arsenal/Middlesbrough game on Sunday, at the end of the game (might've been half time), 1 minute of stoppage time was added on. However, during that half, there was at least 3-5 minutes of stoppages. I think that the clocks should stop when the ball goes out of play or if the game stops, that way they can at least have the full full 45 minutes per half properly.

That would be an awful idea. The whole reason the clock doesn't stop is so the game can flow (with regards to throw ins and goal kicks) at a decent pace without the ref having to tell the players when to restart every single time.

That would be an awful idea. The whole reason the clock doesn't stop is so the game can flow (with regards to throw ins and goal kicks) at a decent pace without the ref having to tell the players when to restart every single time.

I think you got him wrong. When the ball goes out, clock stops, then the player can take as much time as he/she wants to bring the ball back in. Brings it in, clock starts again. Ref doesn't give a signal.

Yeah sometimes the ref stops the clock like wen theirs a lengthy foul or someones time wasting. Can't believe what happened with the blackburn man u game on saturday, said there was going to be 3 minutes added time then he puts 4 up! And then manure equalise!!

it´s in the refferes hand how much he realy ads up, the time that is showen dos not need to be used

that it never ads up is intentional btw. read something about the history :P

Stoping the clock = just gay

Real Football > anny other sport, period

Also Wemons Football = as fake Football as american football :P

you can hate me now, all hail Werder Bremen :P

Stopping the clock would be a horrible idea.

Ninety minutes, 45 each way. No stopping and starting.

Think about it. Football and rugby are pretty flowing while US football and basketball are stop start stop start. Stopping for when the ball is out of play really is an American invention and it's not as natural as continuous timing.

Anyway in league matches there are plenty of ball boys ready to throw another ball back to the players when the ball goes out of play.

Stopping the clock would be a horrible idea.

Ninety minutes, 45 each way. No stopping and starting.

Think about it. Football and rugby are pretty flowing while US football and basketball are stop start stop start. Stopping for when the ball is out of play really is an American invention and it's not as natural as continuous timing.

Anyway in league matches there are plenty of ball boys ready to throw another ball back to the players when the ball goes out of play.

thats actualy a genneral thing i hate about pritty much anny american sport, the stuff just never keeps going, baseball hit the ball, run a bit, next one please, footbal, run and get stoped a few seconds later, basketball, newstart on the groundline every few seconds after someone scored . . . it just dossent keep going :/