EWB-Play Along: Pokémon!

Monkey D. Lars

Just downloaded a hack of pokemon Red called TRE, or Team Rocket Edition. Your starters are Meowth, Ekans or Koffing :D. I chose Meowth and might only get Pokemon that Jessie and James have in the anime.

Sabrina and Whitney are the toughest gym leaders ever, pretty much.

So I got Platinum yesterday (finally) and have been playing it since, mainly because I got a little burned out on Black 2. I'm enjoying it a whole lot more than Diamond and Pearl so far. Current team, having just got down Cycling Road:

Grotle (Lv. 24)

Gastly (Lv. 24)

Buizel (Lv. 24)

Ponyta (Lv. 24)

Onix (Lv. 23)

Staravia (Lv. 23)

I'm thinking I might swap Onix out for Gible though, since I just caught one.

So after I beat Black, I jumped over to SoulSilver and realised that I stopped at Lake of Rage for some reason. Just going to find Lugia now and realising how much I hate Whirl Island.

Current team is Rara the Raticate (Lv41), Toto the Totodile (Lv40) and Hehe the Heracross (Lv32 and currently training). Thinking Skarmory is going to be the fourth. Never raised a Tyranitar, which I've never raised but want to. Think I'm going to chuck in Houndoom to round it out.

I skipped the third gym to try and pick up a Cubone first...but I think i'm barking up the wrong tree and that I might not be able to see Cubones without the Silph Scope, which more than likely means I go as far as Celadon Gym before I get a fourth Pokemon :shifty:

Current team:

Kirby: Level 31

Ms. Spikes: Level 33

Charmeleon: Level 35

Edit: just used metronome on an oddish. SACRED FIRE! Bam!

Just started again on Gold version, with a twist. I usually plan my team with a pokemon of each type etc and plan ahead, but this time im not. I plan on using pokemon I haven used before and I got member 1 of my team. I chose Totodile, but only used him until I got my first member.

Team:

Geodude lvl10

Box:

Totodile lvl12

I plan on dominating with a team of pokemon I would never normally use, but that doesn't mean im going to get pokemon like Caterpie etc.

Edit: Is there a way to evolve pokemon by trading through hacks?

Edited by Millsybeast

With my fourth gym badge, my team is:

Staravia (31)

Grotle (30)

Floatzel (30)

Haunter (30)

Ponyta (30)

Gabite (30)

Marlene was hard. Rock Tomb messed up Staravia and Floatzel. I'm doing it anime-style and restricting myself to battling the gym leaders with the same number of Pokémon as them. So I ended up with Floatzel, Haunter and Ponyta against Meditite, Machoke and Lucario. Curse ended up working wonders on Lucario.

So I got two Gym Badges pretty quickly, Luckily you can train pretty easily with the space button :D

Members:

Geodude lvl23

Trial Members:

Onix lvl15

Sandshrew lvl7

Boxed:

Togepi lvl5

Totodile lvl12

When I say Trial members, I will try them out for a while and see if they will be usefull later on. The 'Members' part is for people who will definitely take on the Elite 4 at the end etc. Still looking for a few pokemon though.

Since then, I beat Whitney fairly easily, Via MAgnitude from Geodude. But I had to use Totodile to get past my rivals, because he has the Chirotia evolution that was kicking my others in.

This is what the team looks like now

Elite 4 Team:

Graveler lvl30 - Tackle, Rock Throw, Mud Slap & Magnitude

Kadabra lvl19 - Confusion, Teleport & Disable

Trial Members - Why they're still on trial

Onix lvl19 - Tackle, Screech, Bing & Rock Throw - Onix hasn't really got that many good moves, so unles I buy TM's I probably wouldn't get a good move set for it. Also I already have a Graveler in the team so no point having 2 rock pokemon really.

Sandshrew lvl14 - Cut, Swift, Fury Cutter & Sand Attack - Yet again a rather shit move set and im not sure it can get a decent moveset without paying money to get TM's, Which is not my style. Only in the team for the HM Cut atm, so it wont be in much longer when I find a better pokemon with the ability to use cut.

Boxed Team:

Croconaw lvl18

Togepi lvl 15

If anyone wants to play a hack, but doesn't want to download the stuff to make them run (emulator, illegal rom, ips patcher, ips patch, etc.) this site has a bunch of different hacks (and a whole metric shit load of other games.)

http://www.vizzed.com/

You do have to download a plugin to play the games,and I believe you have to register to save the games, but the site has a speed-up toggle, save-states, and supports video recording as of the latest plugin version (dunno how that works, haven't tried that out yet.)

Just wanted to throw that out there for anyone who may be having trouble with an emulator or hack.

I will also be taking part in the play along. I'll post my progress tomorrow probably.

Edited by KiddKorupt

Surge down, now just grinding the routes east and west of Fuchsia city to achieve some form of parity amongst my team before clearing Saffron and Fuchsia gyms. Getting close anyway! Aiming for 50 across the board before Blaine, and then 55-60 before E4. I have thrashed my Vs. Seeker, have it select-assigned in fact :D

Team:

Egglette the Exeggutor: Level 29

Doug the Marowak: Level 35

MC Krabz the Kingler: Level 35

Ms. Spikes the Nidorina: Level 41

Kellen the Charizard: Level 41

Kirby the Clefable: Level 45