Star Trek - Into Darkness

Herr Matzat

I meant more of a heads up to Vulcan. They can have a ship ready before even getting a notification.

Regardless a galaxy almost devoid of vulcans. This timeline should prove interesting. Will tuvok be born? Hard to say.

Tuvok was born on the Vulcanis Lunar Colony, so yes. Fun fact: Vulcan has no moon. Therefore, this area was not effected and is where presumably some of the 10,000 remaining Vulcans are. Alternatively, this is where Spock planned the colony.

The only thing that really bothered me about the first movie was the whole Uhura/Spock thing.

I have no problem with Spock getting himself some but it seems like that is something that could have been stretched out, over a couple of movies, instead of being shoehorned into one.

I meant more of a heads up to Vulcan. They can have a ship ready before even getting a notification.

Regardless a galaxy almost devoid of vulcans. This timeline should prove interesting. Will tuvok be born? Hard to say.

Tuvok was born on the Vulcanis Lunar Colony, so yes. Fun fact: Vulcan has no moon. Therefore, this area was not effected and is where presumably some of the 10,000 remaining Vulcans are. Alternatively, this is where Spock planned the colony.

Thanks Mick! I feel better.

The only thing that really bothered me about the first movie was the whole Uhura/Spock thing.

I have no problem with Spock getting himself some but it seems like that is something that could have been stretched out, over a couple of movies, instead of being shoehorned into one.

Consider hor practical it is, though. T'Pring was presumably on Vulcan when it implodes, so Spock is fucked come pon farr, no pun intended. Plus, Uhura gets to experience all of Spocks primal urges. :shifty:

As for Tuvok, no idea about his parents, though.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah. One thing about that ...

The newest trailer totally kills the suspense of that nine minutes, because it shows Spock base jumping off of a skyscraper on Earth. So we already know he survives.

On the other hand, they hide a starship underwater, which is all kinds of awesome. Even though we already know how the sequence plays out, that's a cool visual. Oh, and Cumberbach's character talking about healing a dying girl around the same time Vulcan goes boom? Fun times.

The newest trailer totally kills the suspense of that nine minutes, because it shows Spock base jumping off of a skyscraper on Earth. So we already know he survives.

On the other hand, they hide a starship underwater, which is all kinds of awesome. Even though we already know how the sequence plays out, that's a cool visual. Oh, and Cumberbach's character talking about healing a dying girl around the same time Vulcan goes boom? Fun times.

Yes because it isn't obvious that Spock wasn't going to die anyway, because IT'S SPOCK?

And Cumerbach healing a dying girl vs the destruction of a planet are totally different things.

Good one <_<

• Like 1

Yes because it isn't obvious that Spock wasn't going to die anyway, because IT'S SPOCK?

And Cumerbach healing a dying girl vs the destruction of a planet are totally different things.

Good one <_<

Khan couldn't do that. :shifty:

• Like 1

Good one <_<

Khan couldn't do that.

:shifty:

I was just saying it was in a similar time frame. And I was talking to some friends, and one of them mentioned Garth of Ix. That'd be an interesting one, especially seeing as Garth probably wasn't Kirk's childhood hero, what with James T. Kirk not giving two shits about Starfleet as a kid.

Good one <_<

Khan couldn't do that.

I was just saying it was in a similar time frame. And I was talking to some friends, and one of them mentioned Garth of Ix. That'd be an interesting one, especially seeing as Garth probably wasn't Kirk's childhood hero, what with James T. Kirk not giving two shits about Starfleet as a kid.

Garth of Izar. Ix was Dune. Sorry, but this isa about Star Trek, and we have to be anal about such things.

Anyway, that is possible, but I have my doubts.

Good one <_<

Khan couldn't do that.

Garth of Izar. Ix was Dune. Sorry, but this isa about Star Trek, and we have to be anal about such things.

Anyway, that is possible, but I have my doubts.

It's possible it could be Garth but I doubt it. My money is still on it being Gary Mitchell.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Another trailer. I dunno what ship it is that drops out of warp around 1:15 or so, but compared to the Enterprise its huge..and looks like an Excelsior class ship

vengeance-b.jpg

The other ship from the trailer. According to the Star Trek FB page and app, its called the USS Vengeance