TEW13 Demo released

Gazz

Since Adam is in here, I might as well ask the question: I just messed around booking an OLLIE show like a traditional Lucha show, but still had the issue with long match times, and workers just outright sucking. My first OLLIE show lost a lot of popularity it seems.

Am I missing something in regards to booking? I don't think the limited involvement thing works the way I thought it did.

It's hard to say without seeing the booking first-hand. Limited Involvement essentially means the worker only gets in for the finish and specific spots, so his performance barely affects the rating. Perhaps you simply have the length of the matches too long and the other workers are simply not up to it either?

I have knocked it down a bit. I might change the match setup times for the lucha matches to like 10 minutes to account for entrances and times between falls. That would make the shows a bit more realistic in terms of length, I guess.

Still can't get a positive show out of OLLIE though!

Outside of some buggy things and problems with the mod convert I'm loving this so far. The AI is way smarter and more aggressive. Playing as TNA WWE stole Samoa Joe along with grabbing half a dozen other people like Alex Shelley, Davey Richards, Colt Cabana, and Jay Lethal. I never saw WWE be that aggressive in 2010 and it was something i really missed from EWR.

And I love the new bidding war set up. Honestly, the whole negotiation format change is awesome. Being able to see what other companies are bidding so you can counter, getting feedback from the wrestler about what they want without it killing your time to negotiate. It's all really cool.

I haven't managed to talk someone out of retirement yet it maybe I'm doing that wrong.

Outside of some buggy things and problems with the mod convert I'm loving this so far. The AI is way smarter and more aggressive. Playing as TNA WWE stole Samoa Joe along with grabbing half a dozen other people like Alex Shelley, Davey Richards, Colt Cabana, and Jay Lethal. I never saw WWE be that aggressive in 2010 and it was something i really missed from EWR.

And I love the new bidding war set up. Honestly, the whole negotiation format change is awesome. Being able to see what other companies are bidding so you can counter, getting feedback from the wrestler about what they want without it killing your time to negotiate. It's all really cool.

I haven't managed to talk someone out of retirement yet it maybe I'm doing that wrong.

This may answer your problem.

#39: Talk Out Of Retirement

New to the game is the ability to attempt to talk a worker out of their decision to retire. It will not always be successful of course (it is based on personality, current career situation, etc), and is limited to workers who have retired by choice, not through injury.

So it only works if an active worker announces his retirement in game, not for a guy who is already retired.

i converted my tew2010 real world mod across and so far in alittle testing when i advance the first day. it seems to get stuck on Setting Up CPU Rosters: WWE :crying:

So it doesn't work? :(

I tried an MAW show last night and it was much better, probably partly because I didn't have to think of too many storylines and angles so I could just concentrate on matches mainly and interviews where I needed them.

I even gained popularity for the show, and if you ignore the $20k loss I made then it was a success all round.

Just finished playing the demo. In short - good shit! I love every new addition so far, and as much as at the first glance interface threw me away (a tad cluttered IMO, but after a while you just fly through it without a problem) I love how much faster it is to do, well, everything :D definitely less clicking and panels open much faster than in tew'10. Booking screen changes rule, especially moving matches from pre-booking into the grid and assistant booker (i love doing 3way, 4way matches between midcarders) is making my life much easier. All I want now is a decent RW mod, because despite all those changes i still fucking hate playing cornellverse ;) In general everything seems to be making so much more sense and working so much faster than in previous editions. I'm definitely going to buy it on the day it comes out. Great job GDS!

Edited by mrtncore

I been playing/editing a converted version of cpt.charisma's RW Mod, it's looking good so far, he's done a lot of editing since yesterday morning I can tell you first hand, it'll be out close to release date for the full game, no doubt.

Man, once I got the hang of the new sorting system for match booking I realized how awesome it is. So much more fluid and intuitive. And being able to put a pre-booked match right up there? And the Assistant booking? Wow. The process has been sped up so much. I can't imagine how easy it will be to book a ppv where I have 9 matches pre-booked and then just need to keep everyone else busy with matches my assistant can handle. All of a sudden a 2 hour job becomes 15 minutes?

This has to be the user friendliest version since EWR. It's amazing.

I try to converte a TEW 2010 database with TEW 2013, but i can't, a error appears when the game is converting the company bigraphy. Somobody know how to do?

http://www.mediafire.com/?rhl9ljft6hhawt7 here is a very EARLY release of my TEW2010 Jan 2013 mod, it is playable

Must admit that I haven't spent much time with any of the previous TEW releases and just stuck with EWR - but after downloading the demo it does look very good. I'm a bit overwhelmed and there is LOTS of stuff going on, and after booking a few shows I'm struggling to get a good rating and to get storylines going. I'll need to spend much, much more time with it I guess to get the hang of it but it looks as though when that does happen the game will be excellent.