TEW2013 Real World Update January 2013

hm about wXw again ... what about the (now) weekly youtube show "wxw Shotgun" - it should be added, should it?

I'm leaning towards thinking it shouldn't be added. It looks like it's a 15 minute weekly hype video that has some match highlights and interviews. If this was added, then there would be the precedent to add shows like Chikara's Podcast-A-Go-Go, which I also don't think should be added.

Hey Captain,

Nice mod, I freaking love it! I only got some questions for ya.

It is possible to get 2012 awards in the database, eras like Attitude Era, Reality Era and PG Era with their consequences on wrestling world? It could be realistic for our games.

Something good, but not that important, some Hall of Immortals inductees in the database.

Thanks a lot, man.

For the Awards i normally get them from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pro_Wrestling_Illustrated_awards#Wrestler_of_the_Year and regarding the Hall of Immortals im happy to add more, who do you have in mind?

Sorry for the Hall of Immortals, it's all good, I was confused by another mod he hadn't inductees in the HOI. For the awards, it's all good, I took them to edit the database myself and did the 2012 awards. What about the eras? It could be interesting for our games.

Two of the proposed eras wouldn't make sense.

Attitude Era would work, but first off, what are the Reality and PG Eras, and how do they differ from any normal time? You could make a case that recent years have potentially seen a decrease in both TV and PPV ratings, an increase in Male, Speedy-types, maybe an increase in Comedy-based products in this 'era', and possibly an increase in Soft Drugs usage.

I don't know what you'd call that, but "Reality Era" seems like it could work (though not for the "Yeah, Punk's shoot!" hysteria that Punk was able to coin that name during).

Something I forgot:

I really think Adam Copeland and Kevin Nash should be under PPA-deals with WWE, similar to guys like Foley, Austin and Michaels who only make the occasional appearance but are obviously WWE-bound to a certain extent.

Really not sure how to handle Dustin Runnels / Goldust at this point since he stated that his feud with Cody was far from over. Maybe a PPA deal as a wrestler?

Attitude Era would work, but first off, what are the Reality and PG Eras, and how do they differ from any normal time? You could make a case that recent years have potentially seen a decrease in both TV and PPV ratings, an increase in Male, Speedy-types, maybe an increase in Comedy-based products in this 'era', and possibly an increase in Soft Drugs usage.

I don't know what you'd call that, but "Reality Era" seems like it could work (though not for the "Yeah, Punk's shoot!" hysteria that Punk was able to coin that name during).

When talking 'bout Reality Era, I was talking about the era also known as Ruthless Agression Era. One of my favourites, it started in 2001, when WCW has been bought by Vince McMahon, and the content was different as the Attitude Era content. The end of the Ruthless Agression Era could be on 2006 or 2007, when John Cena've been drafted to RAW with the WWE championship. There have been major changes, such as there were no more bikini contests, etcetera. In fact, it changed to the PG Era or the Kids Era. Drug policy is more strict as it was before, there's more comedy in the shows. In brief, it's family content: PG content.

Edited by CeDxLatino

When talking 'bout Reality Era, I was talking about the era also known as Ruthless Agression Era. One of my favourites, it started in 2001, when WCW has been bought by Vince McMahon, and the content was different as the Attitude Era content. The end of the Ruthless Agression Era could be on 2006 or 2007, when John Cena've been drafted to RAW with the WWE championship. There have been major changes, such as there were no more bikini contests, etcetera. In fact, it changed to the PG Era or the Kids Era. Drug policy is more strict as it was before, there's more comedy in the shows. In brief, it's family content: PG content.

Both of those are WWE-exclusive examples, though. Eras influence entire game areas, not just one promotion. Although WWE's toned themselves down since they adopted the PG rating in August '08, you still have, for example, TNA featuring Mr. Anderson hanging out with nameless hookers who perform floaty handjobs on crotch-level beer bottles.

You're right, but WWE has more viewers than other feds together, so it meant that if WWE wants to do PG content, it would mean that this is what the people want.

Otherwise, why don't add eras that are based on type of content of all promotions through the years of pro wrestling?

Eras would've be based on the evolution of the world of professional wrestling.

Edited by CeDxLatino

hm about wXw again ... what about the (now) weekly youtube show "wxw Shotgun" - it should be added, should it?

I'm leaning towards thinking it shouldn't be added. It looks like it's a 15 minute weekly hype video that has some match highlights and interviews. If this was added, then there would be the precedent to add shows like Chikara's Podcast-A-Go-Go, which I also don't think should be added.

fair enough!

Something I forgot:

I really think Adam Copeland and Kevin Nash should be under PPA-deals with WWE, similar to guys like Foley, Austin and Michaels who only make the occasional appearance but are obviously WWE-bound to a certain extent.

Really not sure how to handle Dustin Runnels / Goldust at this point since he stated that his feud with Cody was far from over. Maybe a PPA deal as a wrestler?

agree with Nash, not so sure about Adam Copeland, since he still refused to sign a legend contract. It looks like he has no motivation to work with WWE ever right now

• 3 weeks later...

Great and thorough mod but I think you can really do away with the 'Board of Directors' as a character in WWE - I mean said board of directors is only ever being mentioned as some sort of kayfabe ... thing ... but isn't really meant to represent anybody really. Plus as a 'worker' in the game he/she/it is also incredibly useless to top it all off.

• Like 1