TEW2013 Real World Update January 2013

Yeah Skummy, I have a problem with Mantis being a "cult leader" as well. Sure, the fans still bow down to him, but none of his actions lately have been all that sinister or culty lately. He's a megalomaniac...but in a good way? Also, if you need any help with your English (though you seem to be doing fine), feel free to PM me and I'll help out.

While you two are doing this, I'm going to be taking a look at CMLL/the lucha scene in general, as it looks like it could use some work.

Yeah, I left a couple of guys out of CMLL because I haven't seen their matches/didn't feel comfortable making stats for them.

Well so far I've found one guy on the CMLL roster that's been dead for over a year. :P

As for stats, I'm just going to suggest generic lucha stats for most of them I think, as I'm in the same boat as you and I haven't seen enough matches of most of the people I've found lacking so far.

Honestly, it might make sense to utilize the new alliance feature to break up CMLL into a few promotions. The way they seem to work (Lukie and Cloudy know more about lucha than I do, so feel free to correct me) but in general they run shows weekly in Mexico City, Puebla, and Guadalajara. The main card acts tend to travel back and forth, while the undercard is a lot of freelancers. For example, Fresbee worked 25 matches for CMLL in 2012 and all 25 were in Mexico City. Meanwhile, Sky Kid worked 20 CMLL matches and all 20 were in Guadalajara. In contrast, a main card luchador like Shocker wrestled in all three areas. Because of this, I don't think it would make sense to do a simple brand split, because the upper carders work all three areas. I think it would make more sense to keep CMLL promoting in Mexico City, create two other companies for Puebla and Guadalajara, and then stick them all under the CMLL alliance. This would also solve the problem of CMLL's tv. In the game they have two tv shows (Guerreros del Ring and CMLL TV) while in real life they have at least six (Guerreros del Ring on 52MX, CMLL on Fox Sports, CMLL on Televisa, CMLL on CadenaTres, CMLL Guadalajara and CMLL Sin Piedad). They also hold six shows a week - three in Mexico City, two in Guadalajara, and one in Puebla. While its not exactly the way their tv tapings work, we could give the Mexico City CMLL three of the tv shows, Guadalajara two of the shows, and Puebla one.

Any thoughts on that? I seem to remember Lukie doing something like that back when he created a lucha scenario, but it would work better now that we have the alliance function.

Either way, the importance of areas in Mexico should be switched around. Right now Northern Mexico is the most important, but really West Central should be the most important. This is where Mexico City is and where the biggest shows tend to be held.

Here is another update for Chikara but this one concern the Promotion Product, because I don't think that "Fun For All The Family", "Goofy Lucha Fun" or "High Spot Spectacle" really fit Chikara.

Style Name : Puro Lucha Fun

Match Type Booking AI For Events/TV :

20% everywhere (Chikara books a lot of differents match-up in a well rounded maneer)

Expected Match Lenghts (Events/TV) :

Minor Match : 10

Medium Match : 15

Main Match : 22

I didn't make any difference between "Events" and "TV" Match because I don't think that a Chikara controled by the CPU can reach a level where they can have an important TV contract (and even more because of the "Product Appeal Definition" that I choose - just check the Analysis under spoiler below). And even in this case, the card booking type would be still quite the same.

Product Appeal Definition :

- Traditional : Key Feature

- Mainstream : Low

- Comedy : Heavy

- Cult : Medium

- Risque : None

- Modern : Medium

- Realism : Low

- Hyper Realism : None

- Hardcore : None

- Lucha Libre : Medium

- Pure : Medium

- Daredevil : Heavy

Then use "Auto Set Product"

Match Intensity : 40%

Match Danger : 65%

Women's Wrestling : Integrated

T&A Levels : None

Face / Heel Divide : Yes

Analysis :

...will mean wrestlers are rated more on performance than popularity.

...will mean that fans will expect all wrestlers to be packaged with a proper gimmick.

...will attract fans who won't be keen on gimmicks.

...will attract fans who will not like highly risky gimmicks.

...will attract fans who like their gimmicks to be simple.

...will attract fans who will not 'get' subtle gimmicks.

...will attract fans who will be put off by low risk matches.

...will prevent the company from getting Afternoon TV time slots on some networks.

...will prevent the company from getting Early Evening TV time slots on some networks.

...will prevent the company from getting TV slots on Mainstream networks.

...will make getting sponsorship a little tough.

...will mean that the 'young lion' system will not be taken into account at anytime

Of course, I'm okay with any suggestion or idea.

EDIT :

Here is another suggestion but which concern every workers, not just the Chikara roster.

This one concern the new weight system introduced in TEW 2013 (where a wrestler can lose/gain a "weight" category) and, for now, only the "Lightweight" wrestlers.

I think that a lightweight wrestler can't lose weight to become a "small" wrestler so, "Lightweight" should be their actual AND minimum weight (and Middleweight their maximum, except particular cases)

Here is an explanation to that : let's take two former partners Cheech Hernandez - 6'0"/176 lbs - listed as a Lightweight wrestler, and Cloudy - 5'5"/150 lbs - listed as a Small wrestler.

I just don't see a guy like Cheech who is already a "skinny" - but quite tall - wrestler lose 16 lbs or, even worse and impossible, some of his size to become a "small" wrestler like Cloudy (but instead, it's a possibility that Cloudy can gain some "muscle" or "fat" pounds to become a "Lightweight").

I know that there is still a lot of works and more important things to do in order to have complete roster for every indies and foreign promotions, but I'm sure that would make the game more realistic this way.

Edited by Leonheart0

Two things:

- The John Labbatt Centre in London, ON had its name changed earlier this year to Budweiser Gardens.

- Delete Fire Ant as a unique worker, add Fire Ant as an alter ego for Orange Cassidy. Give Orange Cassidy a contract with Chikara with that alter ego, with the same contract details as Fire Ant currently has.

Edited by mtforbes

I'd really hold off on doing that unless there's 100% definitive proof of that. There are tons of rumors about who's under what mask in CHIKARA, and as far as I'm aware none of them have ever been 100% proven. Just rumors.

I'm compiling a big ol' list of stuff to be changed (I might try to do it on my copy and send that to you so you can just import the changes. Would that work?), but the dead luchador is Dr. X. He was killed in October of 2011.

I can't believe I totally forgot he's dead.

Yeah Skummy, I have a problem with Mantis being a "cult leader" as well. Sure, the fans still bow down to him, but none of his actions lately have been all that sinister or culty lately. He's a megalomaniac...but in a good way? Also, if you need any help with your English (though you seem to be doing fine), feel free to PM me and I'll help out.

While you two are doing this, I'm going to be taking a look at CMLL/the lucha scene in general, as it looks like it could use some work.

Yeah, I was unsure about that one for Mantis myself - it's odd, as he's basically all but transcended the actual gimmick, and for all extents and purposes he's just the babyface veteran, though still mostly gets involved in more "supernatural" feuds. He's another one who it might be worth tweaking an existing gimmick, or creating a whole new one, for, as I'd argue that he still is effectively a "cult leader" in terms of what his actual persona is, but it doesn't translate into the role he's currently filling.

Similar to how the Colony's "gimmick" is that they're ants, but that doesn't really have any bearing on the role they currently fill.

I think Saturyne would fit a "Young Lion" style gimmick as much as "Underdog"; the main theme of her work seems to be that she's still a rookie.

I'd really hold off on doing that unless there's 100% definitive proof of that. There are tons of rumors about who's under what mask in CHIKARA, and as far as I'm aware none of them have ever been 100% proven. Just rumors.

Yeah, personally, I'd be happy to risk having a couple of duplicates to keep CHIKARA running more accurately. Look at Los Ice Creams and Darkness Crabtree, for example - I'd rather have the Ice Creams in as unique workers, rather than alter-egos of the people under the masks, simply because the game would play more smoothly that way.

And, yes, while a lot of people are fairly certain on the identities of a lot of CHIKARA workers, I think relying on proof is probably the best course of action.

For Mantis, I thought of a gimmick which was in EWR 4.2. but which isn't in TEW Database (or maybe under another name) : the "Inspirational Leader" gimmick. I would make that gimmick this way : same stat requirement that for "Cult Leader" but rated A for babyfaces and D+ for heels. (instead of D+/A for "Cult Leader")

Of course, to create a unique "Great and Devious" gimmick for Mantis would be relevant with the new "Generic/Not generic" classification.

Same problem with Wicked. I don't know what to choose as his gimmick... Maybe just let him with a "Mysterious" gimmick. (In this case, Hallowicked will need some stats modifications)

And finally, for The Batiri (except Delirious which is clearly a "Cult Leader"), I didn't thought about an alternative for them yet. (Maybe "Occult" for Ophidian but this gimmick will ask important stats change)

EDIT : Just a quick edit to say that I'm currently working on Chikara Titles Lineages

EDIT 2 : If someone is interested with my work until now, here is a DL link for my Chikara edited database :

http://www.mediafire.com/?d811mr7riu1scxn

I modified Hallowicked to have skills to use the "Mysterious" gimmick properly and I created the "Great and Devious" gimmick for UMB.

All of the Batiri are still "Acolyte" though.

If you check this, also read the note inside and PM me for review.

Edited by Leonheart0

Le title changes:

HARASHIMA and Yasu Urano are the new KO-D Tag Team Champions

Cliff Compton is the new OVW TV Champion

Jessie Belle is the new OVW Womens Champion

- Lin Bairon and Ray are the same person

- Roxi Cotton's name should be changed to Gabby Gilbert / or add Gabby Gilbert as an alter ego for Roxi Cotton

- Allysin Kay needs to be added as an active worker

- Santana Garrett needs to be added as an active worker

- Evie needs to be added as an active worker

- Leah Von Dutch needs to be added as an active worker

- Kimberly needs to be added as an active worker

- Jayme Jameson needs to be added as an active worker

- Nikki Addams needs to be added as an active worker

- Jon Harder needs to be added as a non-wrestler

(if you need stats for the (non)wrestlers I can make stats suggestions)

- Midwest Militia needs to be added as a stable to WSU (members: Jessicka Havok, Allysin Kay & Sassy Stephanie)

- Midwest Militia needs to be added as a tag team to WSU (Allysin Kay & Sassy Stephanie)

- Midwest Militia II needs to be added as a tag team to WSU (Jessicka Havok & Allysin Kay)

- Midwest Militia III needs to be added as a tag team to WSU (Jessicka Havok & Sassy Stephanie)

- Add a strong friendship relationship between Jessicka Havok and Sassy Stephanie</p>

- Add a best friend relationship between Jessicka Havok and Allysin Kay

- Add a strong friendship relationship between Allysin Kay and Sassy Stephanie

- Made in Sin needs to be added as a tag team to SHINE (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made)

- Made in Sin needs to be added as a tag team to SHIMMER (Allysin Kay & Taylor Made)

- Add a working agreement between SHINE and WSU

- Add a working agreement between SHINE and SHIMMER

maybe add an alliance between SHIMMER, SHINE & nCw Femmes Fatales - the SHIMMER championship was defended at a SHINE show and the SHIMMER Tag championship at a nCw FF show. And a lot wrestlers work for all three companies at some point

current shimmer roster

Allison Danger

Allysin Kay

Amazing Kong

Amber Gertner

Andy Long

Athena

Ayako Hamada

Ayumi Kurihara

Brian Gorie

Bryce Remsburg

Carley Rae

Cheerleader Melissa

Cherry Bomb

Christina Von Eerie

Courtney Rush

Dave Prazak

Evie

Hiroyo Matsumoto

Jessie McKay

Joey Eastman

Kalamity

Kana

KC Spinelli

Kellie Skater

Leva Bates

LuFisto

Mademoiselle Rachelle

Madison Eagles

Melanie Cruise

Mercedes Martinez

Mia Martinez

Mia Yim

Miss Natural

MsChif

Nicole Matthews

PJ Drummond

Portia Perez

Rhia O'Reilly

Ryo Mizunami

Santana Garrett

Saraya Knight

Sassy Stephanie

Shazza McKenzie

Su Yung

Taylor Made

Tomoka Nakagawa

Veda Scott

Yumi Ohka

current SHINE roster

Allysin Kay

Amazing Kong

April Hunter

Athena

Cherry Bomb

Christina Von Eerie

Daffney

Ivelisse (the former Sexy Juliette aka Sofia Cortez)

Jayme Jameson

Jazz

Jessicka Havok

Kimber Lee

Kimberly

Leah Von Dutch

Leva Bates

Lexie Fyfe

Marti Belle

Mercedes Martinez

Mia Yim

MsChif

Nikki Roxx

Niya

Rain

Reby Sky (aka Rebecca Reyes)

Santana Garrett

Saraya Knight

Su Yung

Taylor Made

Tina San Antonio

current WSU roster

Addy Starr

Alicia

Allysin Kay

Amy Lee

Annie Social

Brittany Savage

Cindy Rogers

Destiny

Drew Cordeiro

Gabby Gilbert

Jana

Jennifer Cruz

Jenny Rose (aka Jamilia Craft)

Jessicka Havok

Jessie Brook

Jimmy Storm

Jon Harder

Kalamity

Kenny Edwards

Kimber Lee

Leva Bates

Lexxus (Alexxis Nevaeh)

LuFisto

Luscious Latasha

Marti Belle

Mercedes Martinez

Nikki Addams

Niya

Sassy Stephanie

Saturyne

Tina San Antonio

Edited by No1Thuganomic

don't have tew2013 yet, but I gonna buy it this or next month.

Is wXw (the european one) in the update? if not, I offer my services to take care of that one (Roster, Promotion, Locations etc)

I helped CC with that.

There need little Changes there is no world and lightweight belt in wXw make retire

only carat tournament, unified an tag team

Christian Jakobi wXw Christian M. Jakobi GSW are the same person

Yoshito Sasaki is in wXw too

Steve Douglas should be retired and Remove from wXw

Hate should be no part of wXw

Marty Scrull should be on the Roster and in Team with Zack sabre Jr as Leaders of the new School

Michael Dante ( he is Anthony Zeus in your Mod) should ad to the roster and form tag with Tommy End as Sumerian Death Squad

Salsakid Rambo, Lazio Fee and Darksooul should remove from roster

Fergal Devit should be ad as prince devit

wXw and GSW are should have are working relationship

Triangle Alliance should be ad with 3 Members wXw BJW and CZW with trading talent

Felix Kohlenberg , Tassilo Jung and Christian Jakobi should be founder

make possibel that wXw dont fire so much worker in the first weeks

Murat Bospurus has hatred with wXw founders to make sure they dont sign him.

Tassilo Jung is the head ref in wXw

Edited by wXw316

Well first of all, thanks for the hard work but I noticed some potential issues with existing contracts down the line - while perhaps realistic, the wages of some WWE workers are FAR too high and down the road it'll kill the company. Full fledge realism and TEW don't go along in the financial regard tbh.

Hey captain. Love the mod.

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen WWE let christian go? I'm playing as TNA and really want him to come over.

In testing, WWE dont often let the big stars go, but you never know, they might if they fall to cult size

- Allysin Kay needs to be added as an active worker

- Santana Garrett needs to be added as an active worker

- Evie needs to be added as an active worker

- Leah Von Dutch needs to be added as an active worker

- Kimberly needs to be added as an active worker

- Jayme Jameson needs to be added as an active worker

- Nikki Addams needs to be added as an active worker

- Jon Harder needs to be added as a non-wrestler

(if you need stats for the (non)wrestlers I can make stats suggestions)

If you want workers added, suggestion on stats would be helpful, otherwise im just completely making it up without knowing who is good or bad

Well first of all, thanks for the hard work but I noticed some potential issues with existing contracts down the line - while perhaps realistic, the wages of some WWE workers are FAR too high and down the road it'll kill the company. Full fledge realism and TEW don't go along in the financial regard tbh.

In regards to wages there currently ALL left blank for every worker on the game

CZW Roster Update, I am not sure of the gimmicks as I can't really watch it regularly, but here is the current roster taken from the official page:

Roster

Adam Cole

Alex Colon
Alexander James
A.R. Fox
Azrieal
Bandido Jr.
BLK Jeez
Danny Havoc
Dave Crist
Devon Moore
DJ Hyde
Drake Younger
Drew Gulak
Dustin Rayz
Greg Excellent
Jake Crist
Joe Gacy
Joker
Latin Dragon
Lucky 13
Masada
Mr. Tofiga
Rich Swann
Rory Mondo
Ruckus
Sami Callihan
Shane Strickland
Tag Teams
Bandido Jr & Azrieal
Philly's Most Wanted - Joker and BLK Jeez
Stables
Nation of Intoxication - Danny Havoc, Devon Moore, Lucky tHURTeen and Scotty Vortekz
Bombshells (Womens Division)
Chrissy Rivera (so set her to an active wrestler and not manager)
Christina Von Eerie
Kimber Lee
Kylie Pierce
Mia Yim
Nevaeh
Managers
Robbie Mireno
Dewey Donovan
Referees
Nick Papagiorgio
Brett Lauderdale
Kris Levin
Announcers
Larry Legend
Dan Cowhey
Jake Black
Management:
Owner - DJ Hyde
Head Booker - Maven Bentley (this is based off the CZW Management page under roster so could be debateable)
Also, judging on Christina Von Eeries challenge to Masada you may want to make the womens division integrated rather than a seperate division, although I would probably wait on a second opinion on this
Also, you should add the following Tournament Titles:
Tournament of Death - Held Every June
Best of the Best - Held Every April

Edited by ScottHallLeg-end