"Important" Rock Artists/Groups

thatshortguy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Who - The most influential band still (sorta) going today. While they have lost two members, they are still going. They've wrote some of the best material ever, they make some of the best music ever, and they're live performances are simply amazing. And the ammount of bands I recall saying they've influenced them is quite long.

Dennis Lyxen

You may not have heard of him, but he forever changed punk-rock & hardcore with the Shape of Punk To Come.

Guest Tommy M. Wing

I didint read through the whole topic so sorry fi these have been mentioned:

The Ramones

Pink Floyd (they still have 3 of their original members together...)

Neil Young

Rush

I was laying in bed last night and I thought of two more one of which Wing has posted:

Neil Young: Has been spreading his political views for years. Had widely used the idea of epic albums, has also heavily influeneced a number of current musicians such as Pearl Jam. He also continues to make albums.

Butch Vig: Produced a number of grunge classics in Nevermind by Nirvana and Siamese Dream by The Smashing Pumpkins. Continues to work as a drummer in Garbage, which added a female singer to the rock world as well as almost a new sound to rock. Continues producing as well for a nuber of bands. Butch Vig's credits

What about Elvis Presley, he started the whole rock scene.

Oh, and how can know one have said Kurt Cobain in this whole thread? He revolutionized rock in the 90's when him and the rest of nirvana released "smells like teen spirit".

and another, i'm sure I didn't see this band, but I don't know why, KISS..

Oh, and how can know one have said Kurt Cobain in this whole thread? He revolutionized rock in the 90's when him and the rest of nirvana released "smells like teen spirit".

They still have to be performing. Hence why there is no Elvis or Kurt. KISS would be a possibility.

Elvis was not rock.

Nirvana Sucked

KISS havent really revelutionised any of todays music.

Elvis was not rock.

Nirvana Sucked

KISS havent really revelutionised any of todays music.

Elvis was Rock, well Rock n Roll, and in his day was probally the heaviest sounding and groundbreaking artist around. You have to put his sound into context. He opened doors for the Beatles, Clapton, the Stones and by default every band alive today.

As for Nirvana, I'm a fan but I understand you either love them or hate them.

As for KISS - they have had an impact as far as merchanidising goes, stage shows, gimmick make up and longevity.

Guest 12characters

No-one has said Kurt Cobain because he doesn't make music anymore.

....must....not....use.....rolleyes.....

Anyhoo: Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Marilyn Manson and either Queens of the Stone Age or Foo Fighters are good qualifiers in my humble opinion.