Ni no Kuni

LUKIE

Brand new regular edition is going for 60 max online, although that should drop now GAME and others are starting to stock it. Right now, I think youd be lucky to get back what you paid for the Wizard edition. Of course, the longer you hold onto it/better condition you keep it, you've a good chance of making something. Especially once the PS4 is released an it officially "becomes retro"...

EDIT - Not to mention games like this are notorious for keeping their value way after release.

Edited by ZJ Penn

Steamed through it this weekend and managed to finish it.

Some tips for those playing:

- When you're on the third row of merits - GO STRAIGHT FOR UNLOCKING OLLIE'S POTENTIAL. It makes a shitload of difference.

- Carry around plenty of MP restore items. I'm talking a minimum of 25 at all times, if not more. You never know when you'll desperately need it, and they can be more useful than HP restore items if used correctly.

- Do Horace's riddles as soon as you can. One of the spells he gives you is tremendously useful in the final battle, and is generally the most useful spell in the game.

- Once you have fully powered up Mornstar, you can finally unlock the purple chests. The game doesn't tell you that you can, but you can. Go around and collect the items, because they are very useful.

The game itself was awesome, and I'm looking forward to the post-game now.

How long did it take to complete for you?

This game has shown me just how out of touch I've become with JRPGs. Tried the Guardian of the Woods demo fight three times before I finally got the controls down and eeked out a victory. Love the visual style this game has, though. Even though you're basically a spec on the overworld map, I could make everything out just fine.

Drippy's voice actor sounds like they suffer from a Scottish form of Dow....er, they sound very rough around the edges. :shifty:

You get a spell that lets you fast travel eventually. Not that far into the game, either.

Just beat it! Tried to do S-Rank with all Level 99 Familiars and still failed on the final fight of the tournament. Jesus. I think I could have done it if there was ANY way to revive a fallen party member without items. Pretty much as soon as I was down to just Swaine and Oliver I was fucked.

I was not ready. I got on a boat and there was a very tough guy who I wasn't expecting to see. He kicked my ass! Not even a decent fight. To be fair I think the game tried to warn me but wow that was rough.

Also I found it a bit twisted that I had to feed the huge cow lady a big piece of cheese. :P

Yeah, definitely don't go off course just yet. Some seriously dangerous guys out there. The island next to Castaway Cove (Shipwreck Cove) is deadly at that point.

Though if you feel like getting yourself powerful, there's a really fantastic leveling place around that you can get to via boat. You can find a rare-ish enemy that gives you 2000 exp every fight. And you can find their evolved form when you get the ability to fly later on, which gives you 8000 exp each. Sometimes you can fight two at once! It's a wonderful feeling watching every one of your party level up like... 3-5 levels.

I think this might be my next game once the price drops. I had never heard of it until the big blow up about limited stock. Still don't quite know what it's about but reading this thread makes it sound fun.

Though if you feel like getting yourself powerful, there's a really fantastic leveling place around that you can get to via boat. You can find a rare-ish enemy that gives you 2000 exp every fight. And you can find their evolved form when you get the ability to fly later on, which gives you 8000 exp each. Sometimes you can fight two at once! It's a wonderful feeling watching every one of your party level up like... 3-5 levels.

Where is that? :shifty:

Where is that? :shifty:
http://mattwritesstuff.hubpages.com/hub/Ni-no-Kuni-walkthrough-How-to-level-easily-using-Tokos