EWB's Top 50 Favourite Games of the 90's - RESULTS THREAD

Darnez FC Forever

I remember wasting so much time playing AoE 2. For some reason our school computers had it, and any time I finished my work early I'd fire that up and fail miserably - but have great fun doing so!

I still play it to this day. Have been going through a random map game a night lately.

And here we go! The top 4 as chosen by you, the EWB faithful!

243917-the-legend-of-zelda-ocarina-of-tiLegend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64) (801 points, appeared on 9 ballots. 1 1st place vote) 3. ffvii.jpgFinal Fantasy VII (PS1) (1026 points, appeared on 9 ballots. 4 1st place votes) 2. 2070-bigthumbnail.jpgPokemon Red & Blue (Gameboy) (1240 points, appeared on 10 ballots. 3 1st place votes) So, what was number 1 then? Well? ... Without further adieu, the greatest game of the 90s, as voted by EWB! ... 007goldeneye.jpgGoldeneye 007 (N64) (1608 points, appeared on 12 ballots. 3 1st place votes)

COMING UP NEXT: Discussion, debate, and soon, EWB's favourite game of the noughties!

Yay for GoldenEye #1!!!

So many hours on end playing that game. The multiplayer is definitely what made me vote it as my number 1 pick of the nineties.

Excellent list all round. A couple of games I haven't played but I may soon look into in some way.

I actually had a N64 for a limited time in the 90's and those were strangely two of the games I didn't get. Also Mario Kart. As such, I've never really been able to see the fuss about the two. Goldeneye has aged horribly, as you might expect. I've since tried out Ocarina of Time though, it's aged pretty well. I don't know if I'd see what the fuss was about playing now, but it's impressive how well it's held up.

FF7 and Pokemon would be my 90's perfectly, though. I honestly have no idea how many times I've beaten FF7, I still play it to this day, usually at least once a year. Same with FF8, but I'm well aware that it's not as popular with most others as it is with me. (I freakin' love that game. So much.)

Also who uses Slash All on Sephiroth? Use x4 Cut if you're going to bother doing anything other than Hyper/Omnislash or KOTR > Mime > Mime >Mime and so on.* :shifty:

this was legit the first thought i had on seeing that screenshot.