EWB March Madness 2013

Jesus...that the most grotesque injuries I've ever seen...

I listened to the injury happen on the radio and it was just surreal the way it was called. He first said there was a player down and then immediately the tone changed to "and this is real bad, his leg is going in the opposite direction" then he described the emotion on the Louisville bench as the players and coaches were in tears.

I watched a replay of it later that night out of curiosity and it was worse than I could have possibly expected. Horrible. That's up there with the Shawn Livingston injury.

As for the tournament. I went 0 for 4 in the Final Four, but every team I picked to make it to Atlanta lost to the team from their region who made it to Atlanta.

Also, the women's tournament just went wide open as a banner day for Louisville basketball saw their women's team knock off heavily-favored to repeat as champions Baylor. The growing talent in the women's game is exciting and we're going to start getting more and more March Madness in those brackets as well. Notre Dame or UCONN will probably win the whole tournament now. In its swan song the Big East has a great chance of winning both the Men's and Women's tournaments.