EWB March Madness 2013

What teams qualify so far? If a Philly or atleast Lehigh U. team doesn't qualify for the tourny, I don't care..

Villanova, La Salle, and Temple are all on the bubble. At least one of them will definitely get in to the tournament.

Bah...I usually pull for St Joes...just because I like saying St. Joes. I usually don't follow basketball, not even college, unless a local team makes it. Loved when Lehigh made it and beat Duke, since I grew up 10 minutes away from Lehigh and had been there countless times for stuff at Stabler Arena and Eagles training camps...

I'm hoping my Wichita State Shockers can make it, this year. I remember them getting a pretty good run into the Sweet 16 back in 2006 (taking out #10 Seton Hall & #2 Tennessee, before damn #11 George Mason came in). They were really good at the start, but have been up and down, as of late. I'll be pulling for Kansas (since i'm from Lawrence and grew up a Jayhawk fan), but choosing a team outright, this year, is going to be pretty damn hard.

I laughed when I saw Gonzaga at a #1 seed...not because they are a #1 seed, but because I actually see Wichita State beating them in the "3rd" round. If not, Wisconsin will knock them out. This tournament is gonna be a good one, this year.

Saint Louis has a whole destiny vibe to them, with Majerus dying, the Best Buy story, and their current coach being an interim the whole story is really compelling.

It's all a crapshoot though, you can get a good idea who will win based on field goal %, 3 point %, and rebounds especially when going for upsets. If a team can dominate the boards or has the chance to pour it on from 3-point land they can knock off a team seeded 3 or 4.

I think they did reasonably well with the seedings this year; they didn't let Ole Miss or Oregon's runs in their conference tournaments blind them to the rest of their body of work. I remember the days when a good tournament run would bump you up from like a 10-seed to a 5-seed. Then those teams would always lose early; I wonder why?

I really like Duke with Ryan Kelly back; Indiana, Louisville, Gonzaga, Ohio State, New Mexico, and Kansas can all beat you in numerous ways. Miami manages to win and win and win despite looking statistically like the 3rd best team in their own conference. Georgetown has the same condition. I love Doug McDermott at Creighton, he has Stephen Curry written all over him. I get similar vibes from Nate Wolters at South Dakota St., but Michigan is a tough out. LIU Brooklyn can score with the best of them, I don't give them a chance to beat Indiana but they could force them into an exciting, tight shootout for the first 30 minutes or so

Hoping we get the teams that play exciting basketball to make it into the second weekend and the slow, suffering teams like Wisconsin and Georgetown to have early exits. It's all I ask, I'll sacrifice my bracket for entertaining games were both teams manage to score at least 75.

Finished my bracket. I tried to avoid picking the top seed every time, especially given how awful everyone is this year. My Final Four only has a singular 1 seed.

Edited by HeadCheese

My bracket has 2 #1's and 2 #2's, but plenty of upsets in the early rounds that my friends are thinking i'm crazy for (#13 Montana over #4 Syracuse, La Salle/Boise State winner over #4 Kansas State and even #9 Wichita State over #1 Gonzaga)