cpt.charisma Monthly Updates "Big" Change Suggestions

So there has been a lot of talk in the other thread about overhauling worker and promotion overness/popularity within the mod. Lets put the discussion here as to not keep bumping the February topic. All suggested changes in rosters/title changes and that sort of thing should still go in the (Y)

Let's keep this discussion civil, informative, and helpful. Remember cpt. charisma does these updates each month out of the kindness of his heart for the rest of us to play free of charge. He's also the ONLY one that seems willing to do so.

Ok. Well, for starters i would put most of the WWE in the 80's level. Jericho would be 84, Big Show a maximum 82, Alberto Del Rio maybe 81 or 82, Ziggler no more then 80, maximum, CM Punk would be between 90-92, Lesnar between 88-90 and Cena at 95. The Rock would be a 100. Those are a few examples on how to handle them without exagerating the overness. TNA levels would have to be a lot lower as they are at maximum high level cult.

Is it just wwe and tna that are the problem? U do know this would then make the game possibly harder to play, but if people agree with lowering the overness I could give it a go and test it out to see how it goes

It's not just WWE and TNA but if you lower the top end then you have to adjust on down accordingly. And yes it would make the game harder to play but in reality it would just play more like it should. It shouldn't be easy to compete with WWE playing as TNA because it will take time for the company and by extension, the wrestlers to be looked at on the same levels.

It's sometimes not a popular idea but looking at the CVerse can go a long ways to helping see where mods might be deficient at. For instance Greg Black (of the CVerse) was out of the SWF for 2 years where he was an upper midcarder in the biggest company in the world. He starts the game working for the 5th company in the US and has 53 popularity in the states. He could be classified as probably a bit bigger than an indy star since he had that top level exposure, but his overness is still pretty down from where he was not too long ago.

The character search filter gives you an idea of how someone is seen in the business and the corresponding popularity levels. Being "Well Known" is the 60s up to very low 70s for instance. Currently if I'm not mistaken Austin Aries is around a B in the states, which is classified as "A star" bigger than "A Draw" and a step below "A Huge Star" if you can see the direction I'm going in.

I think you are forgetting that C-Verse is fictional and thus does not really resemble real life. Whether you like it or not, or will admit it, Kurt Angle would come into WWE as a Main Eventer.....

Ok. Well, for starters i would put most of the WWE main eventers in the 80's level. Jericho would be 84, Big Show a maximum 82, Alberto Del Rio maybe 81 or 82, Ziggler no more then 80, maximum, CM Punk would be between 90-92, Lesnar between 88-90 and Cena at 95. The Rock would be a 100. Those are a few examples on how to handle them without exagerating the overness. TNA levels would have to be a lot lower as they are at maximum high level cult.

Is it just wwe and tna that are the problem? U do know this would then make the game possibly harder to play, but if people agree with lowering the overness I could give it a go and test it out to see how it goes

Thats the idea. As it is, the game is too easy to play. YOu just put two main eventers from the E and boom, there's an A* match out of nowhere. A* matches rarely happen, so the idea is to make the game harder, in order to be more realistic. Also, why do you have that many promotions and workers (some of which are rarely used, though right now i can't recall a specific example, but i'll look for it if needed) in your mod? I know that the more the merrier is good in teory, but the reality is that it makes the game super slow, with very hard and heavy loading times. A lot of people have complained about this issue, so it's not just me thinking this. Also, i don't think the problem with overness is only in WWE and TNA, but those are good examples for you to see how to lower it. As well as skills. Lower skills makes an A* match harder to happen. And they don't happen every week on real life.

I think you are forgetting that C-Verse is fictional and thus does not really resemble real life. Whether you like it or not, or will admit it, Kurt Angle would come into WWE as a Main Eventer.....

Who said he wouldn't? My estimates have him right around Kane and Mark Henry levels of popularity. It's been seven years since he's been in the company he isn't as over as a guy like CM Punk. He could theoretically come in and feud with Punk but that doesn't mean he has the same overness. I also think if Brock/HHH/Rock are all pushed correctly as occoasional wrestlers that he would indeed be pushed as a ME. But it's not about Kurt Angle as much as it is about the other guys on the roster who in reality aren't even near him but you have to sort of curve it to make the game playable which is why I have Beer Money/Aries in the B- area with Kurt at low B.

Another gripe I have is the amount of chemistries in the game because over half of them should be deleted. Any 2 guys who had a good match doesn't deserve chemistry. Chemistry is what happens when the product doesn't equal what the two parties involved when combined should be able to generate (good or bad).

For instance Shawn Michaels and Kurt Angle are two world class workers, so it's expected they put on world class matches that's not chemistry. On the other hand Randy Orton and HHH have had amazing matches with a number of people, and even some common opponents, but they can't seem to capture that magic when against each other. In my opinion that is a clear case of bad chemistry because both parties involved have put forth great matches but when together they fail to deliver.

Edited by T_S

Ok. Well, for starters i would put most of the WWE main eventers in the 80's level. Jericho would be 84, Big Show a maximum 82, Alberto Del Rio maybe 81 or 82, Ziggler no more then 80, maximum, CM Punk would be between 90-92, Lesnar between 88-90 and Cena at 95. The Rock would be a 100. Those are a few examples on how to handle them without exagerating the overness. TNA levels would have to be a lot lower as they are at maximum high level cult.

Thats the idea. As it is, the game is too easy to play. YOu just put two main eventers from the E and boom, there's an A* match out of nowhere. A* matches rarely happen, so the idea is to make the game harder, in order to be more realistic. Also, why do you have that many promotions and workers (some of which are rarely used, though right now i can't recall a specific example, but i'll look for it if needed) in your mod? I know that the more the merrier is good in teory, but the reality is that it makes the game super slow, with very hard and heavy loading times. A lot of people have complained about this issue, so it's not just me thinking this. Also, i don't think the problem with overness is only in WWE and TNA, but those are good examples for you to see how to lower it. As well as skills. Lower skills makes an A* match harder to happen. And they don't happen every week on real life.

Regarding the promotion and workers, most were built up from the TEW2005 games, and the rest where added on request, regarding loading times, i only play off a laptop with vista and yes week 1 takes some time but once u get going it seems ok to me. im currently in a tna game from the last mod, done over a year no problem

For overness on the workers side, this is the first time since the early TEW2010 mods people have spoke up about it, id like to hear input from a few more people before doing a mass overhaul, some people might actually be happy of how it is at the moment

I am also happy to adjust peoples stats who you think are either under/over rated in the game, but as Idol pointed out i do the updates because i enjoy playing the game and i want a real world version, but i do have a full time job, and a complete overness overhaul could take me awhile to do

Regarding the promotion and workers, most were built up from the TEW2005 games, and the rest where added on request, regarding loading times, i only play off a laptop with vista and yes week 1 takes some time but once u get going it seems ok to me. im currently in a tna game from the last mod, done over a year no problem

For overness on the workers side, this is the first time since the early TEW2010 mods people have spoke up about it, id like to hear input from a few more people before doing a mass overhaul, some people might actually be happy of how it is at the moment

I am also happy to adjust peoples stats who you think are either under/over rated in the game, but as Idol pointed out i do the updates because i enjoy playing the game and i want a real world version, but i do have a full time job, and a complete overness overhaul could take me awhile to do

Sure, man, i nderstand. No one's demanding anything, i know i'm not. I'm just giving suggestions and you will do what you can, when you can. It's already good to see that you listen to everyone when it comes to fixing the mod. Most mod makers aren't like that and usually don't want to listen to anybody else than themselves, so extra points for you because of that.

I think the database should have a lot of federations and than the player decides what he wants in his game

If you don't want Indies like CHIKARA, AIW etc (for example), just delete them

This is the way I like it too. I delete the promotions I'm not interested, about 900 or so workers that aren't doing anything, and delete a bunch of friendship relationships and it runs on my 7 year old laptop without a problem.

Yeah, I love the large database. If I could I'd play a database that has every single promotion and every single person who has ever taken part in wrestling in it. I love the options and huge world it creates. If I want to hire the actress who played Claire Lynch in TNA I like that its an option available to me. Look at someone like Dutch Mantell, who would have been left out of a lot smaller databases but now plays a prominent role in WWE. Being able to do something like that, pull some random wrestling name out of the ether and use him for a storyline or in a role is something I consider wholly realistic and hugely fun. I'd be very disappointed if this mod was made smaller in the name of run times that I don't see as a very big deal unless you're trying to sim a month at a time (which I imagine is what bothers some people playing smaller companies).

The overness issue is something I can see the argument for but I think my objections have been made very eloquently by others. Too many mod makers simply drop the overness of TNA workers and that screws up the whole game. WWE workers are then ridiculously over exaggerated compared to TNA guys and TNA becomes an unplayable promotion where Jeff Hardy will never lose. If cpt charisma or others went through the work of adjusting the entire world then it could work but it seems like a huge and complicated process.

My issues with the mod are more along the lines of needing to look into the angles and so on and looking at how they work within the game world. Unless there's been a revamp for example, your angles don't really allow for storyline effects. If I have Rockstar Spud batter and have Jeff Hardy rushed to hospital he should come across very strong in the angle, while Jeff should be very weak and story line effects should represent. Last I looked, that didn't come across properly and there was similar on 10 with how gimmicks didn't quite represent and work properly with regards to the games coding. Looking at something like this in more depth is (IMO) more important than these relatively minor tweaks, especially as people will argue over a lot of these "little" matters the same way someone might feel that peoples individual stats need changing. My suggestion will be more of a look into the mechanics of the mod and the game first.

For the cosmetics, I'd like to have a look into the bios for workers. Some of them become a bit dated, i.e. lots of people have "currently works for..." references when they don't work at the companies anymore and it feels like a lot of them are filler with "is a good all rounder" for people who are abysmal but might be dragged to a decent grade in one factor. I'd like these to be looked at and more individual and maybe even detailed in a case that random generations are which are fairly basically put together but do add a bit to the world.

I understand how both of the things I've bought up are fairly big jobs and you're one man but I'm sure people would be happy to try and assist in some way on the biography (and others) count. If you wanted to I'd certainly look into it when I get some time for tinkering free!

For the cosmetics, I'd like to have a look into the bios for workers. Some of them become a bit dated, i.e. lots of people have "currently works for..." references when they don't work at the companies anymore and it feels like a lot of them are filler with "is a good all rounder" for people who are abysmal but might be dragged to a decent grade in one factor. I'd like these to be looked at and more individual and maybe even detailed in a case that random generations are which are fairly basically put together but do add a bit to the world.

The bios definitely need to be gone through and given a more general vibe. Take out all of the references to what workers are doing at the moment, as those are dated within a short period of time within the game. I'd save the at the moment type stuff for the actual bio on the worker contract for each company should people really see a need for it. If you want cpt.charisma, I could start writing up some general bios for the WWE and TNA rosters to get started so you'd only have to copy and paste.

The bios definitely need to be gone through and given a more general vibe. Take out all of the references to what workers are doing at the moment, as those are dated within a short period of time within the game. I'd save the at the moment type stuff for the actual bio on the worker contract for each company should people really see a need for it. If you want cpt.charisma, I could start writing up some general bios for the WWE and TNA rosters to get started so you'd only have to copy and paste.

ALOT of the bios were done back in the TEW05 days, only ones that get updated really are the wwe, tna and roh ones, alot can also been seen under alter egos, but im always happy to update the bios the way Idol suggested