EWB, You Name the Mod

HC

Having purchased my first TEW game(13), I now realize how important it is to have an active community in mod making. Since this isn't freeware and is a fairly new game, there's not a large selection of real world mods out there to choose from, at least those that interest me. Call me a masochist if you will, but I've decided to make one of these suckers, or at least give it a good try. With that being said, I'm undecided on which time period to take on, and I don't want to make something no one will play, which is why I'm turning to suggestions from you guys. For TEW 13, which time period would you like to see done? I can't promise anything in terms of quality as I'm a mod making virgin, but I am willing to give it a try. I'm going to note that I'd greatly prefer to make something from 2000-2010, as that would come easiest to me since I'd have to do a lot less research. So yeah, go ahead and throw out some suggestions if you're interested. I'd also be willing to team up with anyone interested. So yeah, go ahead and throw out some suggestions.

Edited by HeadCheese

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. There's already a pretty good May 2001 mod out, so I probably won't be doing that year. 2002 is something I would look at, though. It would be cool to mod a sort of "retro" EWR game for TEW 13 based on the default data that came with the latter's release back in 02. Would anyone be interested in that? Perhaps someone with GFX skills could make a skin to go with the data as well, based of the tacky red/blue EWR color scheme. Just brainstorming here and definitely still listening for more suggestions.

I'm thinking that I'll be doing January 2008. It was a pivotal time period for both WWE and TNA in particular, where both could've been taken in completely different directions than they were in real life. There also isn't any mod out for that time period, the closet being Idol's new 2004 data. Would you guys be interested in 08?

I'm thinking that I'll be doing January 2008. It was a pivotal time period for both WWE and TNA in particular, where both could've been taken in completely different directions than they were in real life. There also isn't any mod out for that time period, the closet being Idol's new 2004 data. Would you guys be interested in 08?

2008 wouldn't be bad. I'm down with that. I would prefer a 2013, but 2008 is very cool too.

2004 - 2009 would be nice. I think iDOL is working on an 04 so maybe start with 2005. I'm glad your thinking of doing this man because theres a lacking of '13 mods for the modern era. I would love to help but unfortunately I don't have much knowledge outside of WWE. Best of luck with this!

My suggestion would be a current day mod, March 2013, as there aren't many of those yet, or almost none, actually.

2008 wouldn't be bad. I'm down with that. I would prefer a 2013, but 2008 is very cool too.

I'm beginning to sense that you don't like cpt charisma's mods very much.

If they don't play exactly like The Cornellverse much of the GDS regulars don't like them. It's fine I guess, but as someone who has never been a fan of The Cornellverse it doesn't bother me and I don't see the validity of a lot of the knocks on cpt. charisma's work. Different strokes for different folks. I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate like cpt. charisma has either. Creating a current day mod, especially from scratch is a ton of work.

If they don't play exactly like The Cornellverse much of the GDS regulars don't like them. It's fine I guess, but as someone who has never been a fan of The Cornellverse it doesn't bother me and I don't see the validity of a lot of the knocks on cpt. charisma's work. Different strokes for different folks. I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate like cpt. charisma has either. Creating a current day mod, especially from scratch is a ton of work.

Not to knock cpt.charisma but I will admit the main problem with his updates is technically me, he worked off of a TEW05 base that I was still learning off.

And your right on building a current day mod, I've been working on one for 3-4 months and its barely half way.

My suggestion would be a current day mod, March 2013, as there aren't many of those yet, or almost none, actually.

>

Am I required to like his mod in order to post in these boards? I respect the man's work. There are very few people capable of doing as much work as he does, no doubt, but I have a few issues with his mod, I've discussed them publicly, including with him. It's no secret I would love to see alternatives.I don't see the point of your post. Besides, having a lot of mods from present day time frame to chose from would only benefit us.

I didn't say you don't have to post, I've just noticed that you seem to be unusually critical of his work.

I don't see the point in having several mods based around the same date because it seems like unnecessary work and certainly isn't beneficial. Sure it makes sense if a mod is poor, like some of the older EWR mods, but I'm sure most people are content with charisma's effort. If you don't think a mod is good enough, edit it yourself. If you think other people might benefit from your edits, upload it yourself. But its not fair to ask other people to do something when someone else is already doing it. I certainly wouldn't call it respectful either.

>>

Am I required to like his mod in order to post in these boards? I respect the man's work. There are very few people capable of doing as much work as he does, no doubt, but I have a few issues with his mod, I've discussed them publicly, including with him. It's no secret I would love to see alternatives.I don't see the point of your post. Besides, having a lot of mods from present day time frame to chose from would only benefit us.

To be honest dude, you have done enough bashing of Cpt. Charisma's mod it's becoming annoying now. Nobody has said you needed to like someones mod in order to post here. It's a public forum for people who enjoy playing Rylands games and if it wasn't for people like Cpt. Charisma, the Who and other mod makers, you would be stuck playing the Cornellverse or Mods that are based around 199-2001. So rather than trying to criticism at any given opportunity, make your own mod and see if it gets better kudos than Cpt. Charisma. His Mod is very playable, it's hardly a mod where everything is innacurate. At the end of the day, if he stops making the mods, somebody might not step up and give us a consistent monthly mod.

>>>

2008 wouldn't be bad. I'm down with that. I would prefer a 2013, but 2008 is very coo

l too.lockquote>

To be honest dude, you have done enough bashing of Cpt. Charisma's mod it's becoming annoying now. Nobody has said you needed to like someones mod in order to post here. It's a public forum for people who enjoy playing Rylands games and if it wasn't for people like Cpt. Charisma, the Who and other mod makers, you would be stuck playing the Cornellverse or Mods that are based around 199-2001. So rather than trying to criticism at any given opportunity, make your own mod and see if it gets better kudos than Cpt. Charisma. His Mod is very playable, it's hardly a mod where everything is innacurate. At the end of the day, if he stops making the mods, somebody might not step up and give us a consistent monthly mod.

Bashing??? I didn't bash Capt. Charisma, or his work. I even said I respect the man's work and i'm acused of bashing? Jesus, talk about over protection. I just gave my opinion. And I stick by it. Until the end of times. I also gave my opinion when I said I'd like to see other mods out there. I stick to it. Is it a crime? Did I insult Capt. Charisma or his work? No. I don't insult people, I know better then that, I was raised well. And if someone wants to talk about bashing, why not stop bashing me just because I said something that wasn't an insult but probably wasn't something you guys liked to hear?

Ps: Still hoping the Original poster makes a march 2013 mod. I rest my case. Again, I will be very specific, I have no intention of insulting anyone or anyone's work. End of transmission.

Edited by Shawn Michaels