2013 Summer Transfer Thread

£38m for a 28 year old midfielder. Bit obscene even for City.

If this allows us to re-sign Milner on the cheap(ish) though i'm all for it.

You're so optimistic about every transfer that has nothing to do with Villa. :P

After the past four seasons, optimism is a Villa fans best friend at the moment.

£38mil for a player who's 28 and has only made 11 appearances for the national team. That really doesn't add up.

Seems very large fees for players who'll both be 2 years into their contracts.

Indeed, £38m is absolutely ridiculous and City are total idiots for spending that much money on him.

Except only one paper is reporting it as more than £25m, so either it's a typo or they're adding in the cost of his contract too which makes absolutely no sense other than to ridicule City for overspending.

Scott Sinclair is now so far down the Manchester City pecking order he's technically in Preston.

• Like 3

• Admin

With all the news and rumours flying around today, I bet Lineker has been refreshing the EWB page all day long, preying for it to come back so he could post about it.

I was out for most of the day! Had a lovely barbecue (yes with plenty of pork) in the evening.

With that said...

Stekelenburg to Fulham is done, 'Arry wants to bring Wayne Bridge to QPR and has threatened to quit if he doesn't get full control over transfers, Jay Tabb has joined Ipswich from Reading, Robert Lewandowski has confirmed that he wants to leave Dortmund to join his 'dream club', Ribery has signed a new long-term Bayern contract, Aiden McGeady wants to quit Spartak Moscow and move to the Premier League, Celtic are considering signing Richard Dunne, Andrey Arshavin, Denilson and Sebastien Squillaci will leave Arsenal at the end of June when their contracts expire, West Ham have signed goalkeeper Adrian on a free transfer from Real Betis, and Johnny Russell is having a medical at Derby.

<_<

His City contract is finally expiring, isn't it?

So long as he fits his wage demands to match, it would be a fair enough deal. Still a hilariously typical Redknapp and/or QPR purchase though.

I swear that quoted transfer fees used to be less confusing, years back... These days, not only do you have the classic "quoting euro price as pounds" piece of journalistic laziness (just this morning we have the Daily Mail quoting £20m for Schurrle), but recently some have started adding the salary cost for the full length of agreed contract on top. I've seen so many different figures suggested for the Fernandinho deal that I've given up trying to guess what's what.

I know that somewhere in their minds will be the logic of BIG NUMBERS = BIG READERSHIP, but it's still bloody stupid.