2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Dempsey would be a decent fit for Villa I think.

If Thiago does join Bayern, who does leave United with? Fellaini? I heard he wants a defensive role in the future. Can't think of a whole lot of creative central midfield players available?

I really hope we don't go for Fellaini. He'll cost a lot and that price has only been inflated because he's spent most of the season in a position where we wouldn't play him. He's an alright player but I don't think he's the answer to our midfield problems at all. Struggling to think of a great, available midfielder that we could go for really.

• Admin

What is with the gold on the Southampton shirt? Do they think they've just won something?

Not sure why Dempsey is surplus to requirements at Spurs, thought he'd had a good season?

I wouldn't say good - he was really great for a couple of short spells, but for the most part he was incredibly frustrating and did not perform.

I'd like Dempsey. Don't think his technique and ability is as good as Dembele - which is perhaps what cost him, being bought at the same time, but I think he'd do well for Villa.

Siggy or Dempsey & lots of cash is something I'd be okay with. Still not sure Lambo would be.. but maybe the fact he was interested in Dempsey before will come into it.

Is there any suggestion that Sigurdsson is on the table? Even if he is, I can't imagine Spurs will want to let go of both him and Dempsey. One of them is probably surplus to requirements (I'd say Dempsey, considering Sigurdsson's end to the year), but it surely isn't in their interests to sell both.

Yeah, Dempsey was horribly annoying this season. Came up with some great goals when it mattered, but spent most of the time being pretty ineffective. Maybe he'll have a much improved 2nd season, and I'm in no hurry to see him leave as he's not worth a great deal, but would more than happily see him go if it helps with a Benteke deal.

• Admin

MADRID, July 12 (Reuters) - Real Madrid have agreed to buy Spain Under-21 midfielder Asier Illarramendi out of his contract with their La Liga rivals Real Sociedad, Sociedad president Jokin Aperribay said on Friday.

Real, who also confirmed the deal, had deposited the 23-year-old's buyout fee of 38 million euros ($49.6 million) with Spain's professional league (LFP), Aperribay told a news conference.

Illarramendi is seen as a long-term replacement for Xabi Alonso, another former Sociedad player who will be 32 in November, and he will also compete for a place with Germany's Sami Khedira and Croatia's Luka Modric.

He has agreed a six-year contract and will be presented at the Bernabeu stadium on Saturday after undergoing a medical, Real said on their website (www.realmadrid.com).

West Ham United have applied for a work permit for Colombian striker Duvan Zapata.

Also - QPR are being seriously linked with signing Javier Saviola :lol:

Edited by Li Na Ker

What is with the gold on the Southampton shirt? Do they think they've just won something?

Not sure why Dempsey is surplus to requirements at Spurs, thought he'd had a good season?

I wouldn't say good - he was really great for a couple of short spells, but for the most part he was incredibly frustrating and did not perform.

Well, plenty of people don't quite do what you think they should playing out of position. He had that happen a bit at Spurs (he's not a striker). Now, I get the frustration with him so I'm not trying to absolve him. There was a bit more too it though than he just had a streaky season. I mean other than his breakout season last year his numbers were on par with the best season he's had.

14:46 BST: BREAKING: According to Sky Sports News, Blackpool youngster Tom Ince has rejected a move to Cardiff City. Is there another club in for him?

14:46 BST: BREAKING: According to Sky Sports News, Blackpool youngster Tom Ince has rejected a move to Cardiff City. Is there another club in for him?

I think the only other club that were really in for him was Swansea but they hadn't agreed terms. Maybe he wants another crack at promotion with Blackpool and his dad?

• Admin

Toby Alderweireld has admitted he needs more time to decide whether he should join Norwich City, insisting that he could stay with Ajax for another year.

Clement Grenier has signed a new contract at Lyon.

Oh and Thomas Ince's reason given for turning down Cardiff was that he wanted to remain close to Blackpool where he's just become a father.