2013 Summer Transfer Thread

10.55 BST: It’s all getting a bit strange today: reports in Spain were suggesting that Arsenal could let their Spanish playmaker Santi Cazorla go to Atletico Madrid, with newspaper Marca claiming personal terms had been agreed. Arsenal, however, have dismissed those reports, the Daily Mirror has said.

.... just, what ? No.

...Now Real Madrid (oh, sorry, I mean Marca) are claiming that Arsenal are about to toss out one of their best players, hm?

This kind of tactic must be flavour of the month.

Just want Rooney gone now. If Chelski want him and wanna offer us Mata then we should take it. Straight swap.

Bit of a shame that it's a big fat lie then, huh?

I take everything as a lie until I see an official statement on an official website. Doesn't mean I can't dream though...

• Like 1

By the by, no doubt it's been forgotten amidst all of this morning's sensationalism, but last week it was said that Juan Mata was close to finalising a contract extension to 2018.

Yeah, but I'm sure that's just a ploy to increase his value so Chelsea don't have to give as much cash in the swap for Rooney.

You're a funny man, you know that?

A few more of those and you could probably go on tour.

Manchester United rejected Chelsea's opening offer for Wayne Rooney on Tuesday night and remain insistent the England striker is not for sale.

Chelsea offered £10m in cash plus a player, either Juan Mata or David Luiz, in part exchange for the 27-year-old.

United immediately rejected the offer and left Chelsea in no doubt as to their position on the matter.

BBC.

So it's either Mata or Luiz.

Luiz was in the DM article I originally linked, though I didn't bother mentioning him by name as the rest was preposterous enough.

Of course, it could also be said that since this is little more than Yet Another Clumsy Salvo by Manchester United in the Rooney saga PR war, the specifics hardly matter.

The next round will probably come sometime around 4pm - 5pm today, on the assumption that Mourinho will give a post-match press conference after our game in Thailand this afternoon and will be asked about this in the first 5 seconds.

What's happened is that Chelsea have opened with 10 + Luiz.

United have been all "lol, no. If you're offering ten and a player, it's gotta be Mata."

Chelsea have returned the "lol, no"

Then they've enjoyed crumpets and lashings of ginger beer.

Honestly Linekles and Rafa do I have to do all your work here!?

• Like 1