2013 Summer Transfer Thread

Let's not forget that there's still a realistic chance that Dortmund could actually win the Bundesliga this year, just because Bayern completly cleaned up last season doesn't mean that they'll be able to replicate it this season.

Without Gotze they could do fine with the replacements they bought to give their squad more depth, especially considering that Bayern are only an injury or two away from being worse off than they were last season.

BREAKING: Tottenham are considering offers for Gareth Bale from more than one club. (Source: Sky Sports)

So if Sky was to just make up a rumour of an English club joining the race for Bale even though they know he's 99% off to Madrid, loads of punters start assuming this mystery club is United/Chelsea/City and lump on a few quid on them at fairly decent odds (United to sign Bale has gone from 14/1 to 6/1 I read), Skybet would make back a fair bit of whatever they lose when Bale does go to Madrid? Or is that an over-simplification of the way the betting market works since I'd assume they'd have to change the odds of him going to Real too?

It'll also depend on how much Gotze recovers from his injury, it's a pretty nasty injury to be receiving so early in his career and could lead to future problems if it isn't rehabbed perfectly.

Plus it might make him wary of pushing his body, and his speed and fearlessness was part of the reason he was so highly rated.

Mkhitaryan for Gotze isn't really a downgrade though, considering they're getting a more refined player for one with potential.

I'm pretty sure that signing Aubameyang, Mkhitaryan and Sokratis would give Dortmund a much better team than if they'd just kept Gotze for another season. They've improved areas of the pitch that they were a little weak in, and a good team beats good players everyday.

To be fair, BBC are reporting it now too. He's definitely going to go to Madrid but there might be another team testing the waters too.

Have you not noticed that BBC Sport has gone tabloid since the end of last season?

• Like 1

BREAKING: Tottenham are considering offers for Gareth Bale from more than one club. (Source: Sky Sports)

So if Sky was to just make up a rumour of an English club joining the race for Bale even though they know he's 99% off to Madrid, loads of punters start assuming this mystery club is United/Chelsea/City and lump on a few quid on them at fairly decent odds (United to sign Bale has gone from 14/1 to 6/1 I read), Skybet would make back a fair bit of whatever they lose when Bale does go to Madrid? Or is that an over-simplification of the way the betting market works since I'd assume they'd have to change the odds of him going to Real too?

They should, in theory, push out the price for Bale/Madrid.

Also, in markets like this, a move from 14/1 to 6/1 doesn't require much money at all.

If I were Abramovich I would be emailing an offer over for Bale right now, just to enjoy Spurs' reaction.

I was just telling my friend this. I would have offered 70 million, and told them "we had 100 but we lost 30 mill somewhere."

• Like 5