Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

=BK=

Given that the original release sold well below expectations (I'm pretty sure one of those cheeseball Bratz games actually outsold it), I'm frankly amazed it got ported at all.

Though Agetec was partly responsible for the poor first week returns as they fucked up the release by starting shipping to stores on the day of release...

Plus the XBox "Fire Pro In Name Only" game which was a massive bomb commercially and critically (and pissed off a large chunk of the diehard fans).

Midget: Did you look in Fire Pro Arena, or Fire Pro Club? FPA would be more reliable but I think there were a few "World of Indy" mods in the FPC days that might still be around.

Midget: Did you look in Fire Pro Arena, or Fire Pro Club? FPA would be more reliable but I think there were a few "World of Indy" mods in the FPC days that might still be around.

Indeed. I'll likely have to do some more digging in regards to converting PS2 saves to PS3, just hoping someone had beat me to it.

if you have a file I can certainly do it for you this evening, I think I've got the hang of it.

Last night I started using the 1998 WWF pre-convereted save that was up on Arena and man.. what a frickin' great match I had with Cactus Jack and Chainsaw Charlie. So back and forth and the AI on Funk was flat out amazing - even at one point late in the match throwing me outside and smashing me with a chair after a few unsuccessful pinfalls. It all ended with a double arm DDT and a running elbow drop from Cactus.. brilliant game.

Indeed. I'll likely have to do some more digging in regards to converting PS2 saves to PS3, just hoping someone had beat me to it.

OH. That's easy. http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1965

One thing to note is they have to be North American version of FPR saves to convert them properly, if they are not, then do this: http://www.fpwarena.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1965&start=200#p54273

Edited by OctoberRavenO

• 2 weeks later...

Picked this up yesterday and started playing around with it. Managed to have some decent matches while learning the ropes and slowly started working through changing all the names. Started fiddling with the editor and finding all the options a bit deep but at the moment getting to grips. Think I'll need to tweak skill levels a bit judging by a couple of guides I've been reading and not sure how to go with logic yet but I'm sure I'll pick that sort of thing up.

I just went and bought it, again (only $8 bucks), because a friend of mine has all my old PS2 games (about 100 of them, I think...yeah, I might have problems). Just got all the names re-entered and can't seem to remember why I never played this game when it first came out (think I bought it a year or two after it was released in the U.S.). I still haven't gotten around to playing a match, just watching alot of CPU matches. Sucks I can't get any of the saves from the PS3 (since I don't own one), but still having fun with it. Any suggestions on what exactly to do since I can't get any saves for it?

PSN? 10 bucks.

Not sure if debit cards work as I use prepaid cards ever since the hax incident, but AFAIK a debit card should work.

How much does this cost on the US store?

Also, how easy is it to organise US dollars on the US store? I mean, I only have a Visa Debit card, which I'm assuming won't work.

Works perfectly fine. That's what I have used ever since signing up with PSN back in '08.

Even though mine is a UK card?

You need to create an American PSN account using an American address first (I reside in a lovely hotel in Maine) but after that it's pretty easy to just buy a $10 USPSN top up code online and redeem as you would any other pre-pay card. Should be downloading within 5 minutes.

I would highly suggest anyone get this, especially if it's just $10. Connected to PSN, you have access to plenty of save mods with real wrestlers, attires, and movesets, so you can sim WCW, ECW, NJPW, AJPW, all that jazz with real rosters.

Personally, I run by own fantasy Japanese promotion using wrestlers I've created called HIGH CLASS (based on the logo available in the game, fake PANCRASE).

Currently running a G-1 Climax -esque tournament to decide the promotion's first champion, but haven't ran a match in awhile since other things have come up. This thread does make me want to get back into it. But so much fun! Certainly one of the best wrestling games ever made once you figure out the system in place and the controls.

Just downloaded. I had this game for PS2 and it was amazing.

Question though - as somebody who has never downloaded a game for PS3 before and has basically only played offline for any PS3 game, how do I go about acquiring edit packs for the PS3 version?

Buying an online subscription is probably your only option. Just get a month or something.

EDIT: Unless you can transfer it from your computer to your PS3 via USB, but I don't own a PS3 so that's just a suggestion I'm throwing out their with no proof of working.

Just downloaded. I had this game for PS2 and it was amazing.

Question though - as somebody who has never downloaded a game for PS3 before and has basically only played offline for any PS3 game, how do I go about acquiring edit packs for the PS3 version?

Buying an online subscription is probably your only option. Just get a month or something.

EDIT: Unless you can transfer it from your computer to your PS3 via USB, but I don't own a PS3 so that's just a suggestion I'm throwing out their with no proof of working.

What the blue hell are you talking about?

Ah, that's why what you're saying makes no sense, you don't own a PS3. You don't subscribe to anything monthly with PS3 unless you choose to use PS Plus. The PS3 copy of this game has no built in save shariong but it is incredibly easy to copy a save file that's been PS3 formated from a flash drive to the PS3. Check the Sony thread where this was talked about before I made the thread.