TEW2013: Real World Update May

I was going through some of the TNA gimmicks and there are a few changes I think should be made because the existing one is outdated or doesn't "suit them."

AJ Styles is set as "Hero", but he's been doing an angry, bitter, lone wolf thing for awhile now. I couldn't find a gimmick that really fit so I cloned "Bitter Veteran", made it acceptable for faces, and renamed it "Bitter Company Veteran" with a description of "someone angry they have been pushed aside or taken advantage of."

I gave the same gimmick to Matt Morgan since he's been doing the same sort of thing as a heel and the "Evolution" gimmick he has doesn't suit him.

I gave Gail Kim the "Queen Bee" gimmick since she's doing the "best in the business" thing lately and her existing one didn't suit her.

Sting isn't doing the "Crazy" thing anymore and hasn't for a long time. I set him to "Loyalist" since he's been fighting for TNA.

• Like 1

Just wondering when you are releasing a June update ?

im just doing the final testing, I shall upload soon, it will have a new people and picture pack too, also it WILL NOT include the results from last nights TNA ppv

I dont know about anyone else but looking at the info their is half of me thinking this might be legit the other half thinking this could just be a storyline and with Chikara anything is possible, plus should still be in the update for June so still time to try and get the bigger picture on this.
  • Like 1

The Chikara fan in me wants to believe it's a storyline, however, fact is they aren't going to run any shows for a while. How long is a while? Nobody knows. So it's up to cpt if he wants to remove Chikara or not. Personally, when it comes to the 05 DB's, if nothing new is learned about the situation I will strongly consider removing the promotion. It's a matter of preference because nobody really knows what's going on other than Mike Quackenbush and other higher ups.

It just doesn't make any sense to act now. All you mod updaters have a month to see what happens. If things are as unclear then as they are now then maybe you set it on hiatus or inactive or something but there doesn't seem to be any reason to rush to a conclusion about a company like Chikara who will go to great lengths for a story.

This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask. Why remove companies and deceased wrestlers? Why not just leave them in since the games have options to represent dead wrestlers/promotions? If you delete a company its gone. If you just close it then it could be reopened by the user or open randomly during a game. Dead wrestlers are a little less useful but at least you retain the wrestler and his/her relationships if any user wants to do anything with it.

It just always seems strange to me that you guys go through so much hard and good work to create wrestlers, promotions, relationships, and everything and then you just delete it.

It just doesn't make any sense to act now. All you mod updaters have a month to see what happens. If things are as unclear then as they are now then maybe you set it on hiatus or inactive or something but there doesn't seem to be any reason to rush to a conclusion about a company like Chikara who will go to great lengths for a story.

This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask. Why remove companies and deceased wrestlers? Why not just leave them in since the games have options to represent dead wrestlers/promotions? If you delete a company its gone. If you just close it then it could be reopened by the user or open randomly during a game. Dead wrestlers are a little less useful but at least you retain the wrestler and his/her relationships if any user wants to do anything with it.

It just always seems strange to me that you guys go through so much hard and good work to create wrestlers, promotions, relationships, and everything and then you just delete it.

Back when I was doing the TEW05 updates it was just to reduce the amount of wokrers you couldent do much with and speed up actual gameplay, since moving upto TEW10 I will agree with keeping dead workers to maintain things like title histories, awards and such but I dont think their is an option to have dead promotions in game (unless it was added to 13) but I always use to add former promotions to the future promotions file for TEW05.

Yeah, I always forget the differences between the games. Sorry about that. I really am talking about TEW13. I'm pretty sure both promotion sections are just merged into one in 13 and you just set them to active or inactive. Its great especially since you can link old title histories and alumni to the promotions and set a mandatory power structure so that the only people who could reopen ECW would be Paul Heyman or Stephanie McMahon or whoever you set.

But I'm pretty sure in TEW10 you could basically set that all up to and just import promotions from "active" to "future" easily. I know I used to import a lot of promotions from other databases including the Cornellverse and just wait to see what pops up. But like I said, I'm always confusing the different game versions so maybe I'm mixed up.

Yeah, I shouldn't have grouped everyone in I guess. It wasn't really a big deal the further back in the series you go. But in 13 especially there are so many things tied to wrestlers like title histories, alumni, awards, relationships, tribute shows. It just seems a shame to just delete someone or something you already have in the database when you could just as easily just change its status.

Some day I'll get around to creating the massive "99% Complete" database I fantasize about that has every wrestler, promotion, title history, alumni list, and whatever in it. And all those dead promotions and wrestlers will be necessary then. Someday in my dreams. :)

Well I only brought it up since the base of this database was from a TEW05 database, when I showed cpt.charisma the situation of my latest database preview he was thinking about converting and using that as a base which would have less conversion issues.