TEW2013: Real World Update: September 2014

So they can have something to grow into. You can barely sign top Indy guys to Dev deals because they are pretty much at their peak at everything. It's believable that top Indy workers (NXT included) in ring skills are on par, close or even better than some TNA/WWE workers but I can't see most Indy guys being able to put a WWE match together from the very start. The very reason they are starting in NXT is to learn how to put on a WWE match and how to cut WWE quality promos.

IMO I think even the best Indy guys have room to grow with Basics, Consistency, Safety (especially) and Psychology which should be a rare skill these days. Also don't forget that ratings in the 60's are still considered good in TEW and thats where most of the top NXT/Indy guys should be sitting at with the very best barely cracking 70 (The game shouldn't have that many guys with 80+ Psych anyways, I believe a C+ is good enough to use the call in ring option in a small/regional promotion).

...Same with Mic skills, acting, charisma...No way these guys are just as good as guys who are in front of a camera and thousands of fans weekly.

Besides that, since most Indy shows should be graded on Performance (or equally on POP Like ROH) their match grades won't suffer because their top row stats are more important and would be graded on best top row and performance (particularly Pysch). Once they go to WWE/TNA then their POP and Performance skills (particularly Psych) becomes more important than Top Row.

I ilke to think of it as (Thanks to one of the guys who worked on the game)

Top Row In Ring Skills= Talent

Second Row Performance Skills= Mental

Also for long term playablity and since most Indy guys aren't that young, I would give these guys some high potential so they will have a higher peak. Plus if a worker has high potential he'll be willing to stay in development longer.

In a sense I understand where you're coming from but to an extent it feels like the role of Development has changed. In NXT it isn't as much about improving yourself and learning the game, it's about learning to work a small sub-style of American wrestling. A blanket reduction of skills, certainly psychology which is pretty much the most important skill in this game, would severely handicap growth as much, if not more than the artificial "max area importance" (may have misphrased it, you know what I mean) setting in the world settings.

I'm not sure a blanket reduction of psychology would really benefit the game longer term like you'd hope, if there are next to no indy guys with high psychology and the big few at the top level you're restricted to only a handful of people who can "teach" workers to improve them and on top of that the likelihood of them being available is minimal. The Undertaker is likely to retire under contract to WWE, or if not he will be too over to talk to anybody regarding joining them, before retiring. Within a few years you'll find yourself with lower psychology and an enforced cap potentially earlier and in a relatively restricted area as a lot of the WWE guys don't have other regions set as "will work in" meaning only the US is likely to benefit full stop (although that hard coding is one of my biggest issues with the series....)

I do understand where you're coming from, there is certainly an argument to be made for it and it will allow growth and show an element of "Indytastic" wrestling but needs to take some balancing. Perhaps a lower general psychology across the board with a few core workers in regions to help out with building forward. Just because someone doesn't work for the WWE it doesn't mean they can't tell a really good story in the ring.

I do disagree about the entertainment thing across the board, Spud hasn't randomly found out he can talk since being taken on by a global tv company, he's always had that and it's one of the key reasons behind him being taken on. One magazine named Greg Lambert as one of the top 10 managers of all time (can't find the book to clarify which one annoyingly) and around the independent scene there are loads of people who cut good promos and pieces to camera who aren't at the absolute top.

NJPW Spoiler:

Ryusuke Taguchi is the new IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion.

*EDIT*

Check active in USA for PSYCHO

Add Austin Aries to House of Hardcore

Add Marines Mask II as an alter ego for PSYCHO. Promotion: K-DOJO, Usage: 100%, Gimmick Masked Luchadore, Mask: New

Set Psycho's mask in K-DOJO contract to New.

CMLL Spoiler:

Set Ultimo Guerrero's mask to No Mask

*EDIT*

Add Chase Owens to NJPW as a heel.

NJPW Spoiler:

Shinsuke Nakamura is the new IWGP Intercontinental Champion.

Edited by Y2JFan111

TNA TTC's prestige can be 75. Company treated it as a big thing since Hardyz reuinon. Also 70 is a too high for X-Division title. That was a joke since Destination X 2012. 50 should be enough for that. WWE Intercontinental Championship's prestige should lowered to 60's. Also WWE US Title's prestige should be 55. I'm watching wrestling since summer of 2010 and only time that title has meaning was the Bryan's reign.

You checked iMPACT Wrestling as a live show,it should be moved. Also TNA is talks with WGN(at least for the rumors),WGN's Min. Popularity should be around fifties. Also you can give TNA B- or C+ momentum. It's hard to pick actually,because shows are great,but the other side is a real mess. And since TNA doing BFG on Tokyo,their popularity might be 35 on Kanto.

And since TNA doing BFG on Tokyo,their popularity might be 35 on Kanto.

Pretty much all of that promotion, advertising, and production is being handled by W-1 and the main event is the Sanada/Muta tag match. Just a case of not being able to co-promote events really

CWE Has a TV Show called "CWE Wrestling" , it airs on MTS all across Manitoba (canada), Bell Express Vu all across Canada and online worldwide on nactv.com and youtube. I don't know how you'd want to proceed with that for the next update, but I'm sure you can figure that out. Maybe put Local: Prairies, Syndication: Canada and then youtube as well?.

Some more CWE updates, I'll leave small ones here, and hope to add some big ones in the October thread whenever it's posted.

Change the CWE Heavyweight Champion to Danny Duggan, He won the title from Heavy Metal on July 25, 2014

Rename the CWE Open Rules title to the CWE Television [it's actually called the CWE 123approved.ca Television Title, but we don't need the 123approved stuff in there.] and change it's champion to Anderson Tyson Moore [ATM] He defeated Bobby Collins for it when it was the Open Rules Title, back on September 23, 2013

Change the CWE Tag Team Champions to Mike Mission and Darren Dalton, and add them as a team called "The Peg City Punishers" and add a stable called "The Peg City Punishers" with them and Cliff Corleone. They Won the Titles September 5, 2014 from The Saints of Los Angeles [Tommy Lee Curtis and Nate Hardy]

Add The Elite 8 Trophy as a Tournament Title for September. Mentallo is the only winner so far.

I don't know exact dates for the lineages for the titles, but I'll look into it!

Edited by ThTmp4