TEW2013: Real World Update: September 2014

Shinya Ishikawa is retiring on September 23rd

Add a title to Wrestle-1 titled Wrestle-1 (or however its styalised in your database), they announced the title and a tournament to crown the first champ, starts at the end of September and the first champ will be crowned in October.

Edited by TheWho87

So basically, we should get a WWE Network as a TV Network and a WWE Network as a PPV carrier. There are already WWE Network pictures in the database.

Absolutely not

It's not a carrier or network, so it shouldnt be in the game period.

YouTube is in the game. Why the WWE Network shouldn't?

YouTube shouldn't be in. The game has a function to allow for "posting it online" already pre-programmed and much more realistic. To put it in perspective, PROGRESS put up the whole of Unbelievable Jeff, back in June (great show worth checking out :shifty: ) and as of this morning it only has 19858 views*. In game terms this single show would have led to a full % point rise in popularity worldwide, as well as rises in global popularity for the winners of matches, some of them significantly so. In reality and global terms the effect has been near nothing and that would be the right level as per the "release online" option.

I'd lean against WWE Network in game too, just because it doesn't balance within the programming of the game. A theoretical global network exclusive to WWE (and NXT I think could be covered, until they get to X size(cult?) which would happen quicker) would cause issues with global PPV providers and subsidaries. domestic as well for that matter I think would be heavily affected. Would need a lot of playtesting and even then I think you'll struggle to represent it "right" within the games limitations.

*data correct as of 10:58(UK) September 18th 2014

On the flip side of things, I don't think the online option was meant to simulate youtube. The online option is an alternative to DVD releases and the said company release videos on thier website for free.

Not to mention youtube have paid subscriptions and even live streams now and without that option, youtube will pay you if you reach a certain amount of views on your video/channel. So yea Youtube brings in money unlike the online option. I wouldn't give a current company a youtube network deal but it should be in a modern day mod.

Edited by SirMichaelJordan

The revenue on YouTube and exposure is negligible in reality with companies still making most of their money from conventional sales methods. In game terms a company set with a YouTube deal will rapidly boost their global popularity as well as that of the workers they use. Again PROGRESS put on great shows and the show on YouTube is a good one but by no means has it made Jimmy Havoc a global household name.

Like with the "sex appeal" debate earlier in this thread, there's "what I think it means" and there's "what the game thinks it means" and we should always be looking at trying to represent the latter. The effects of YouTube, generally, are covered by the online distribution feature.

It wouldn't make them gain that much popularity if the size is set to tiny. My point is youtube is starting to become a streaming site just like Ustream, Livestream. Its not just a site to uplaod videos anymore.

Since sites like Youtube, LiveStream offer stream content that could be purchased. Should all the iPPV carriers in the mod be removed also?

"A YouTube paid channel is a channel for which users pay a monthly or yearly subscription fee to watch its videos. As the channel owner, you define one or more offers that set the terms of a subscription. Only paying subscribers can view the channel content, except for specific videos you decide to make available to everyone for free."

PROGRESS is a bad example because they uploaded that content for free (which is what the internet option in TEW is) and that is not what I'm debating here.

And the sex quality debate is pretty moot since the male wrestlers in the Cverse have sex quality, not high like it is in this mod but male wrestlers in the CVerse hover around 40-60 and with Champagne lover sporting a 80.

So we are agreed they shouldn't be there as TV networks and it's just a case of debating PPV now. Pop inflation from events is higher than tv but you get less of them so it would probably balance part of the issue (a worker could still feasibly rise in global popularity by about 30% per year - assuming AI put them on win streak and booked well!) but I'd still question the profitability. Of regular paid content there's one company who have a subscriber channel, that's TNA, who put the bulk of their content elsewhere so that would suggest it's not much of a goer. At present the online ppv market seems to be on other streaming sources rather than via YouTube. If they seriously get in the wrestling ppv market then re-add them (maybe set them as a carrier set to open in mid 2016?) but for now I don't see much cause for having them. Maybe a simplified "online PPV provider" option woulld be better rather than having several different providers with the same stats?

--------

The independent scene is hard to balance with regard to skills and ratings as we all have favourites and it's hard to reach a median point as most of us haven't seen a tiny fraction of the talent out there. As we all know, people can't even agree on the stats of people that most of us see multiple times every week, it's going to be even harder for people to debate the artistic merit of Robbie X (incidentally is he in the db, can't remember? :shifty: ). I would say general entertainment/performance skills are roughly right, my personal view point may be that someone should have more or less in certain fields but others won't agree with my verdict. It's why I'm hesitant to fill in gaps in the UK market or offer stat changes personally, sure Cap won't object to the help but don't want the inevitable debates so happy enough with approximations. For example - worker A is a competent talker (roughly 50's) and an entertaining flyer (aerial skills mid 70s - charisma similar), it may not be perfect but in game terms it fills the roles. Then when more people hear or see what a Spud can do on a larger scale then we can modify it and get a better approximation (Spud has all entertainment skills 100 naturally ;) ) people will still argue if that should be an 85 or and 87 but it'll do.

• Like 1

So they can have something to grow into. You can barely sign top Indy guys to Dev deals because they are pretty much at their peak at everything. It's believable that top Indy workers (NXT included) in ring skills are on par, close or even better than some TNA/WWE workers but I can't see most Indy guys being able to put a WWE match together from the very start. The very reason they are starting in NXT is to learn how to put on a WWE match and how to cut WWE quality promos.

IMO I think even the best Indy guys have room to grow with Basics, Consistency, Safety (especially) and Psychology which should be a rare skill these days. Also don't forget that ratings in the 60's are still considered good in TEW and thats where most of the top NXT/Indy guys should be sitting at with the very best barely cracking 70 (The game shouldn't have that many guys with 80+ Psych anyways, I believe a C+ is good enough to use the call in ring option in a small/regional promotion).

...Same with Mic skills, acting, charisma...No way these guys are just as good as guys who are in front of a camera and thousands of fans weekly.

Besides that, since most Indy shows should be graded on Performance (or equally on POP Like ROH) their match grades won't suffer because their top row stats are more important and would be graded on best top row and performance (particularly Pysch). Once they go to WWE/TNA then their POP and Performance skills (particularly Psych) becomes more important than Top Row.

I ilke to think of it as (Thanks to one of the guys who worked on the game)

Top Row In Ring Skills= Talent

Second Row Performance Skills= Mental

Also for long term playablity and since most Indy guys aren't that young, I would give these guys some high potential so they will have a higher peak. Plus if a worker has high potential he'll be willing to stay in development longer.

Change Rocky Romero's race to Hispanic

Change Ricky Reyes race to Hispanic

Change Jimmy Snuka's race to Pacific.

CHIKARA Spoilers:

Remove Jigsaw from the Flood Stable

Deactivate the Pieces of Hate tag team

Change Jigsaw's CHIKARA gimmick to Loner.

CHIKARA identity spoiler:

Chuck Taylor is Mr. Azerbaijan. Remove Mr Azerbaijan, add as an alter ego for Chuck Taylor. Promotion: CHIKARA, Usage: 10%.

Edited by Y2JFan111

So they can have something to grow into. You can barely sign top Indy guys to Dev deals because they are pretty much at their peak at everything. It's believable that top Indy workers (NXT included) in ring skills are on par, close or even better than some TNA/WWE workers but I can't see most Indy guys being able to put a WWE match together from the very start. The very reason they are starting in NXT is to learn how to put on a WWE match and how to cut WWE quality promos.

IMO I think even the best Indy guys have room to grow with Basics, Consistency, Safety (especially) and Psychology which should be a rare skill these days. Also don't forget that ratings in the 60's are still considered good in TEW and thats where most of the top NXT/Indy guys should be sitting at with the very best barely cracking 70 (The game shouldn't have that many guys with 80+ Psych anyways, I believe a C+ is good enough to use the call in ring option in a small/regional promotion).

...Same with Mic skills, acting, charisma...No way these guys are just as good as guys who are in front of a camera and thousands of fans weekly.

Besides that, since most Indy shows should be graded on Performance (or equally on POP Like ROH) their match grades won't suffer because their top row stats are more important and would be graded on best top row and performance (particularly Pysch). Once they go to WWE/TNA then their POP and Performance skills (particularly Psych) becomes more important than Top Row.

I ilke to think of it as (Thanks to one of the guys who worked on the game)

Top Row In Ring Skills= Talent

Second Row Performance Skills= Mental

Also for long term playablity and since most Indy guys aren't that young, I would give these guys some high potential so they will have a higher peak. Plus if a worker has high potential he'll be willing to stay in development longer.

EXACTLY.

AIW Spoiler:

Tim Donst is the new AIW Absolute Champion.

Increase Turbo's all of Japan Popularity to 10%

Increase Turbo's all of Mexico Popularity to 5%

Increase Turbo's Tri State Popularity to 5%

Lower Magno's All British Isles, Canada, Japan, Europe & Australia Popularity to 0%.

Lower Magno's All U.S. & Mexico popularity to 10%.

Change Magno's race to Hispanic

Edited by Y2JFan111