• Russia
    • Slovakia
    • United States
    • Czech Republic
    • Finland
    • Germany
    • Sweden

Wow

I am surprised that Russia is still good. Esche is now an official God after this game. He faced like 50 shots. Bryzgalov (sp?) played well and had a good game. Good thing for the Americans (unless Dipietro & Conklin would have played this well :shifty: ) that Esche was allowed to play because of his knee...

I enjoyed the game. :D

Kevin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US - 5

Russia - 3

Keith Tkachuk - 4 goals and an assist for the US.

And people were wondering when he'd show up!!!

Mike Modano had 4 assists, Bill Guerin had three, and Scott Gomez scored the other American goal.

Russia had a ton of chances, moreso than the Yanks, but the US made much better use of their opportunities - even with a blown penalty shot by Jason Blake in the second.

Ilya Bryzgalov was quoted on the CBC as saying something to the effect of "The Americans are old and slow. We will skate rings around them." The language barrier probably caused the bluntness of the statement, but I'm sure he's eating his words now.

Fucking USA.

On a side note, the CBC is going way, way overboard in the assumptions that Team Canada is going to roll over Slovakia tomorrow night. In fact, during the second period, they showed a graphic of the semi-finals of the tournament - with Canada facing Finland, and the winner of the as-of-then-unfinished match between the US and Russia facing the Czech Republic.

Commentator Don something [i always forget his last name] also mentioned that Canada should "roll over" Slovakia.

None of this bodes well for Canada's chances tomorrow. Cockiness leads to nothing but problems.

:lol: I would agree with you... but, well, the game already happened when I read the post. I didn't watch the game, I was golfing... must have been bad or something like that for Slovakia.

=====

Finland vs. USA

Canada vs. Czech Republic

I say it will be USA 4 - Finland 2 and Canada 3 - Czech Republic 1.

But... don't quote me on that :P

Kevin

Best game of the tournament for sure. Luongo rocked. A couple questionable goals, but hell if I care. Hockey Central guys said it best - "If Canada faces Finland in the finals, its the two teams who cared most about this tournament in the finals."

Lecavalier and Luongo combined to save Luongo's ass last night. Had Brodeur been in net the game would have been either 3-1 or 3-0. I'm not sure I can really fault Luongo for giving up the rebound on the second goal, but the first and third goals were terrible. Tuesday should be a classic, since most of these players aren't going to be playing much of anything for a while.

I think Luongo's performance late in the 3rd and OT saved Canada. Really if the better team were to win last night it would have been the Czechs, they outplayed Canada last night.

I think he played poorly at the start because he was bored, he finally got to play net for a good team :)

Edited by Corizzle

Lecavalier and Luongo combined to save Luongo's ass last night. Had Brodeur been in net the game would have been either 3-1 or 3-0. I'm not sure I can really fault Luongo for giving up the rebound on the second goal, but the first and third goals were terrible. Tuesday should be a classic, since most of these players aren't going to be playing much of anything for a while.

The two goals you are talking about were deflections. And Lecavalier almost cost them the game with that penalty he took. Luongo saved Canada's ass if anything.

Edited by Jar Jar Beatnik