• Canada
    • Russia
    • Slovakia
    • United States
    • Czech Republic
    • Finland
    • Germany
    • Sweden

The Finals are tonight. I think Canada is going to win 5-1. Atleast the 2 best teams are in the finals. They are also the 2 teams that were in the tournament that cared the most. It ashame that the American team and their fans don't care about this tournament. Most of them would rather talk about the first week on the NFL than talk about some of the best hockey played in a long time. Its too bad that tonight will be the last game for awhile.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok....I should've posted this last night but I'm gonna do it now. It was a great tournament from Canada and quite impressive considering more then half the team is under the age of 25. If t he NHL does send players to the 2006 Olympics we're in great shape. Top to bottom pretty much everyone contributed. We got to witness a nice mix of the past and the future and all signs look good for Canadian hockey.

This lockout doesn't appear to be ending anytime soon...and as a fan of hockey in the United States, this disappoints me. I had planned to go to an Islanders game this year, but I can now thank the owners for throwing a wrench as heavy as Tom Arnold's marriage to Roseanne into those plans -_-

About the game last night...I was rooting for Finland to win, only because a friend of mine was over watching the game as well, and rooting for Canada :P

Edited by Magus978

McCabe has already backed out, as has Aki Berg.

Not sure about Belak - I'd think he'd want to play in the AHL and make decent money [maybe a grand a week] than play in the OSHL and make $400 a week.

Edit: But there he is - playing in the OSHL.

Along with Brian Gionta, Dan Cloutier, Andrew Raycroft, and a host of other NHL'ers. Huh, looks like this one didn't fizzle out after all.

Edited by grind your soul