• Reptilicus
    • The Host!
  4. 4. We're still going! Honest!

• Tell Them Willie Boy Is Here (1969)
    • Patton (1970)
    • The Deer Hunter (1978)
    • Darkman (1990)
    • Barton Fink (1991)

I originally voted for Apocalypse Now in the other thread but changed it to Butch Cassidy since it seems pointless to vote for Apocalypse Now looking at the votes.

I like that we're the only ones who voted for Apocalypse Now. The rest of you have ever so less impressive taste!

Charlie don't surf, man.

I loved it. I think I liked this one more than The Sting, actually. The Sting boasted a stronger all round cast, but I just loved watching the interaction and chemistry between Paul Newman & Robert Redford. I was surprised how often this film had me laughing. And not like, just chuckling, but full on laughing. The two have great comedic timing and delivery. And despite all the wonderful scenery and set-pieces, it's ultimately their chemistry which makes the film tick.

Third act spoilers:

I was afraid the film was going to die out a bit by the time they went to Bolivia. It started a little slow, but the fish out of water scenario did make me laugh a few times, and the finale, as well as the way in which it ended was incredible. I loved the use of the still. Obviously you know they're going to die, but that iconic image is a lot more effecting, uplifting and in line with the tone and message of the film, than alternatively cutting to black or showing their deaths.

Really happy about this so far, loved both films - two of which I know I needed to see, but hadn't really found the right mood or reason.

Also, on another note, are there any people who wanted to be added to the list of people in the last topic who are taking part? We have more votes than people who've said they're taking part, and I wanted to know if you wanted to be added before we next pick who's choosing films.