Aspiring Artist

Lj.

Hey everyone, just had a quick question. I've been writing & preparing Hip Hop songs for months now, but I can't seem to find any instrumentals that really stand out to me. I like just writing, finding new flows & practicing without any tracks playing, but I also want to work on using my voice as an instrument that will compliment a beat. Is there a good website with aspiring producers that anyone could lead me to? I'd like to both produce & write my lyrics, but learning the ends & outs of my production software is going to take a minute. In the mean time I'd really like to have some instrumentals that I can immediately record to.

I don't know what style I'd like because really, I know I want to write to a song only when I hear that song. But if it helps, my musical influences range from Marvin Gaye, Earth, Wind, & Fire, De La Soul, James Brown to Taking Back Sunday, Fall Out Boy, A Day to Remember & most of my Hip Hop influences are Outkast, Curren$y, 2 Pac, Nas, Kendrick Lamar, Ab-Soul & Mos Def.

Appreciate the help guys.

I've checked out Soundcloud here & there, but it seems to have a lot of the same style beats. Almost your "standard" Hip Hop beats. While I'm not looking to stray miles away from the roots of rap, I'd like something that has a little more depth to it. I was hoping there was a site out there with just a massive library of free beats that would catch my attention, lol. I might just go with my original idea of finding a few Portishead instrumentals & jotting down lyrics to those.