Gotham

brenchill

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, Benji said:

Adored Jerome's death episode. I never thought he sat right as The Joker, but being the inspiration to whoever eventually becomes The Joker is a terrific bit of fun.

I really hated that part. He was great. I wanted more of him. He would've been the perfect Joker. And the way the scene was exicuted was cringeworthy. Especialyl the voiceover of his father or whoever that old guy was (can't remember) was so over the top even for this show. For me one of the weakest moments of the 2nd season. What a waste of a good character.

• 4 weeks later...

I really dug the latest (UK aired) episode Mommy's Little Monster, particularly the siege.

• 2 weeks later...

So Gotham has started back up. I have to say, I'm not exactly certain where they're going, but I'm pretty certain that I'm getting a bit put off by the early introduction of so many villains.

Spoiler

Selina Kyle has been okay, and a young Oswald Cobblepot is kind of a given, considering The Penguin's background, but now we have Hugo Strange and Mr. Freeze. You would think that such fan service would be something that I would like, but it's a bit of a turn-off. Hopefully, next week will be better.

I never thought I would say this but I feel genuinely bad for poor, doe-eyed Penguin.

Spoiler

And did they really just sent Gordon to prison like that? Really? They won't even show us the trail? Just him being brought into the police station and the next thing we get is a newsflash about the guilty verdict?

Edited by Hellraiser

I haven't been that happy with the show since it came back from mid season break. I really love the way season 2 started and I had a feeling they couldn't keep that pace up. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

So Gotham is back. Just watched the 2nd episode of the new season:

Spoiler

Why the hell didn't Penguin kill Fish Mooney when he had the chance? Why does he have mercy on her now? There is no good reason for him to spare her life. That speech that she gave was bullshit. 

I'm intrigued to find out what they will do with Poison Ivy. She doesn't seem to have any super powers of her own yet. I wonder how they will give them to her.

Season 3, Episode 3:

Spoiler

Do we really need another villain and sub-plot? We have all the creatures from Dr. Strange's lab running wild. Freeze is still out there somewhere. As is Firefly. And Poison Ivy as well. We also haven't seen Harvey Dent in quite a while. I really hope they get to Two Face before the show gets canceled because I really want to see a live action version of the character done right that is a major player in the story and not "just" the dumb muscle for the Riddler or a pawn in Joker's game. Then there is the two duo Barbara Kean & Tabitha Galavan and now the trio of Penguin, Riddler and Butch. Fish Mooney is clearly up to something together with Dr. Strange and then there is this whole subplot about that shadow organization running Wayne Enterprises. And let's not forget about the Dollmaker. There are probably more bad guys still out and about that I can't remember right now. But please add another one. It's not like we already have enough loose ends to tie up as it is.

Speaking of the Penguin and Riddler these two have such great chemistry and I love that they are working together again. Can't wait for what they come up with to help Penguin to become mayor.

Last but not least I found it very strange that after all she has been through that Leslie would not only come back to Gotham but also not immediately up and leaves once she learns that he new fiancé is the son of Carmine goddamn Falcone.