The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

I wonder if that De Jong rumour actually comes through and we pick him up too before the deadline. Anything on this one recently?

Seems pretty unlikely now, even more so with the signing of Blind. De Jong starts for Milan today as well and seems perfectly happy at Milan.

Think that'll likely be it after Blind in terms of players coming in.

So while FEyenoord are playing FC Twente.. they've completed a transfer.. for Ajax' goalkeeper Kenneth Vermeer.. can't imagine that will be much of a confidence boost for Mulder in the second half.

There's reports too that Van Ginkel's one year loan to the San Siro might be on after all.

Perhaps they were just keeping it on ice until all the other dealings were done, just in case something went madly awry...

The official fee for the Shinji Kagawa to Borussia Dortmund move to thought to be 8m [£6.3m].

Saw this on twitter. Madness.

The price is, but despite how good he is he's still surplus to requirements given how many 'number 10s' they've got. I'd imagine he actually wants to play football so asked for the move.

Chelsea's 18 year old 'Scottish' youth player Islam Feruz's loan move to Russian second division club 'Krylia Sovetov' (translation: 'Wings of the Soviets') is over after about a week. Seems he got there and went "...Yeah, no." Which, to be honest, is a perfectly reasonable reaction to the Russian second division.

• Like 3

The official fee for the Shinji Kagawa to Borussia Dortmund move to thought to be 8m [£6.3m].

Saw this on twitter. Madness.

The price is, but despite how good he is he's still surplus to requirements given how many 'number 10s' they've got. I'd imagine he actually wants to play football so asked for the move.

Yeah, I meant the price. 6 mil for someone like Kagawa is unbelievable.

What did we pay for Kagawa? Wasn't it between 20 and 30m?

I think it just came to a point where he was never going to get game time. Even before Mata, Rooney was sometimes playing in the role Kagawa wanted to. Unless Kagawa played out wide and did well there, he was never getting back into contention.

What did we pay for Kagawa? Wasn't it between 20 and 30m?

I think it just came to a point where he was never going to get game time. Even before Mata, Rooney was sometimes playing in the role Kagawa wanted to. Unless Kagawa played out wide and did well there, he was never getting back into contention.

£12 million. Sad to see him go. Talented player but, as said, never really fit into our system with Rooney there too.