The Summer Transfer Window Thread 2014/15

Lineker

Falcao coming in is a big surprise but with Hernandez gone, RVP possibly injured and Welbeck being Welbeck, it's hard not to get excited by his arrival.

Rojo, Jones, Shaw and Rafael wouldn't be that bad of a back four. But if LVG wants five at the back, I'd really want someone else to come in at CB. I know Smalling and Evans are there but still ...

Oh and a holding midfielder would always be welcome.

Like, I get United fans being excited about Falcao, but surely this is like, the stupidest deal in history?

Why?

How is replacing Hernandez and possibly Welbeck stupid?

Splashing a total of £56m who'll turn 29 this season, coming off a pretty serious ACL, when you already have fine attacking options and desperately need a new midfield and backline, just seems really fucking dumb to me. Not to mention after ACL injuries generally take about a year of playing time to get back to form. They're no joke.

• Like 1

I'll be at home in front of the TV, with EWB on my laptop, wearing my yellow deadline day socks (seriously).

BwccbgVIAAE3Utz.jpg

Why do you have potatoes on your table?

£6m for Falcao for a year is brilliant.

I've heard £12m for the loan, plus £300k p/w wages which is an absolute joke.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29011493

BBC are saying £6m so I'll go with that unless you have a better source?

Proper choking at Arsenal only having Sanogo to play up front and Wenger's basically just going "nah, be fine" as he's jetting off to Rome to referee a charity match on transfer deadline day.

Checking duty free for strikers as we speak.

Just play Campbell up front.

In the position he's best at.

And shoot Sanogo into the sun, on the same transport as Evans and Cleverly.

• Like 1