The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Haven't hardly had any time to play this, just got home and fired it up for a quick round. Had my best golf so far on it and scored a 64 on Little Brook Manor. Maybe the other couple of rounds I previously played didn't help as they were on hard difficulty wise, played awesome on this one and probably should of finished a few more shots under as I messed up on one hole and shot a double bogey. Putting was awesome but in fairness the greens on this course were obviously easier than some of the monsters I'd previously played.

Could have a round or two tomorrow if you guys are around.

So, are you able to customize your golfer lady/man? Like, beyond just the outfit. Is there anything like the Tiger Woods level of customizing appearance?

Only the outfit from what I can see.

Clicking much more for me, putting so much better than I was before, seemed to have finally got the hang of that. Need to possibly start studying the green speeds now as they've just caught me out quite a few times on the Yuma Desert course, so tough to judge where you need to land it on that course as the ball rolls so fast on the green even though they're set at medium-slow.

Keep in mind that the ball will roll much further on a green if you're approaching with a 3/5 wood. And even with an iron, if you're not using loft, it's easy to kick on past the hole and run off the green.

I was having problems with this too, but now it only seems an issue on the very fast greens, where it's tough to stick an approach shot anyway.

I know they are adding a lot more clothing options in the near future, but they're more focussed on game features than your golfer's appearance, which I don't really mind to be honest.

There should be news of what's to come in this months first game update shortly.

This game is unreal, finally a golf game worth playing~!

The putting and shot approach may take more than the first two rounds to figure out but I played the easiest course and shot -1 my first time, played a harder Par 3 course and fucked up plenty and shot like +3 or something.

Gonna try and join that TGC Tours thing and play around with some other modes in the game, we should get an EWB Tour going ! :D

EWB TOURS!

I've kinda been waiting to run something like this, and with the TGC Tours Q School kicking off in just 54 days, why not play a few tours together to keep us sharp.

Here's how it will work - I'll create a tour within the game (it'll be locked to friends only, so you'll need to be on my list) and the lowest score across the four chosen courses wins, with one round being played on each.

At the end of the tour, the person who finishes 1st will get 20pts, 2nd - 15pts, 3rd - 10pts and 4th onwards gets 9, 8, 7 etc.

The idea is to play 3 tours, so 12 courses in total. I'll try to mix things up as much as I can, and only one of the four courses in each will be classed as "hardest".

AFAIK, there's;

Baddar
Borman
Chris_KOTW
Cole
JohnnyPerfect
Meacon

With the game on PS4, so plenty of competition if all of us have a go at it.

The difference in the Tournament/Tour section is that when you back out of a round, you'll only be able to continue where you left off, so there's no shying away from a +9 start through five holes, I'm afraid. :P

The main thing though, is to have fun. And those of us that want to play on the TGC Tours in December can keep fine tuning their game, and see how we stack up against one another.

Enough chit chat, here's EWB T1;

Course 1 - PGA@Cleric's Levy (Easy)

Starting out with a desert themed course, this is one that you can score on (as opposed to the desert course we'll finish this tour on). The fariways are set to medium firmness, it has fast greens, and is just 6757 yards long. A chance to start the tour off well here.

Course 2 - New England CC (Medium)

Pretty sure myself, Borman and Meacon have played this one. It's set in the rural theme, and as long as you don't go gung-ho and try to attack every tee shot and pin on this one, staying under par shouldn't be a problem.

Course 3 - links@huncoat village (Easiest)

In the one round I did play about a month ago, I found it a fun one. Don't let the "Easiest" part fool you - it hasn't had many plays. It's links, as you can guess, so winds are likely to be high. There are some very short Par 4's and reachable Par 5's on this one, so scores are there to make. But, two or three pin positions on the front 9 are tricky, and most of the Par 3's are long, especially if the wind is in your face.

Course 4 - Son Gual Desert *Q School course* (Hardest)

This one was created by a lovely lady called Wendy over at the HB forums. She's made a few courses now, but this is the one that's had most recognition, and has also been chosen as a Q School course, so it must be good.

Good, yes, but also bloody hard. Shoot under par or close to it on this course, and you've done well. The less wind this is played in, the better. It's the course that wraps up our first tour, and it'll be #4 of 6 in the Q School. I honestly believe that this one (and Copper Creek) will make or break my TGC Tour chances. They are that difficult. Don't be too cute on this one, because the course will definitely bite back.

So, give it a go guys. I've set the tour duration to 14 days, which is a reasonable amount of time to get 4 rounds in, I would say. Feel free to search for and load up any of the above courses in "Play Now" to have a little practice, because remember, once you start a tour, there's no quitting out and restarting.
I won't have access to the game every day, so post in this thread to let me know how you're getting on. Also, a post to say that you intend to play would be nice. Even if we could get 3 or 4 of us on board, it'd be good fun.

You can find the tour by searching "EWB T1". :)
  • Like 2

Had a little practice on them all this evening.

New England was playing ridiculously hard in strong wind. Didn't even finish the round there. Completed rounds on the other 3 though. Got a couple under on Huncoat, and managed to eek out a 75, 3 over par at Son Gual in tough conditions. Shot 5 or 6 under on Cleric's though. Even in windy conditions, there's scores to be had on that one.

The way I see this tour, is if I score well on the first Desert course (Cleric's), it'll take the pressure off the final round at Son Gual.

I know she released a modified version with slower fariways and greens, but this is the Q School one so didn't want to shy away. It's not that the pins are in ridiculous positions, but more that the fairways are so firm and fast, and the greens are like ice. Good luck to everyone trying to stay on them from distance.