The Golf Club 2

Baddar

The putting is fucking solid, especially on member created courses. If you're above a hole and putting downhill, good fucking luck. It runs by like it's on ice, despite a little touch off the putter. Kind of annoying how the ball will land on that hill without rolling down towards the hole in the first place though! 

Love the challenge of it though. Putting will take many rounds of practice to get anywhere near decent. My driving was actually quite decent today, but the approach was way off the pin meaning a 2 putt for par was difficult to get most of the time. And even when I did manage a great approach, the earlier issue of the downhill putt stung me.

So I played a round on Vallentuna Golfklubb, a real life creation of a Swedish course, and a great one at that, by all accounts, and shot +1. I felt my swing and the tempo coming along nicely and thought fuck it, try a round with Tour clubs to see how I do - I then played the best round I've played on the game so far, shooting 6 under. I bogeyed the Par 5 17th despite having a birdie putt from 5ft, but that was the only blemish. Can't believe the difference a couple of days play have made.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rocksta said:

This is a good game. 

I haven't had much time to play it since release. is there enough EWBers for a Society or whatever they are called? I am on the Xbox.

Who the fuck are you?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2017 at 20:31, Baddar said:

It really amazes me how some people create the courses they do in such detail. Here's a current work in progress; 

20170630070721_1 -new.jpg

Played this yesterday. What a beautiful course. 

Loving the Tour clubs. Frustrating at times when your swing or tempo is slightly off, but it's much more realistic not hitting every fairway or green and sometimes having to scramble for Par.

The increased distance off the tee is good, so even if you do make a mistake with the driver (the hardest club to get straight swings with), you can often still get up and down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
3 hours ago, Liam Mk2 said:

This is such awesome news for the developers. They really made the best golfing game around, so them getting the PGA license is just a great way to reward them for it. I'm excited to see all the courses they add after the release. Hopefully we can get Merion, if only because I played there (terribly!) once. 

• Like 1

Wait, am I recalling correctly that the teams that worked on GC1 and GC2 were same in studio name only?  I remember a lot of criticism regarding GC2 because it lacked noticeable upgrades over GC1 and had no post-launch support.  That scuttlebutt kinda put me off of picking up GC2.

A PGA-endorsed GC 2019 with the solid creation features and gameplay from the first entry would be outstanding, though.

• 11 months later...

The Golf Club 2019 is free on Xbox Gold for the rest of the month.

Putting is a not my strong point...

• Thanks 1

• 11 months later...