The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Sounds good, I'll see about getting on some time around then in the next week or so. If I don't respond to you I'm not being ignorant it just suggests the missus is doing something while I'm out. I think it should be okay but I'll just use the "preview" in course builder (so as to not give any poor scores to you during rounds!) to practice different shots like in the tutorial video and see if I can get a feel for it. The various tutorial videos showed a little leeway so as long as I'm roughly on target it'll probably be fine but easiest way to be sure.

First set of notes for Hobble Creek G.C. where Meac and I will be playing next week.

1. Driver off of tee over right side of first tree to the left.  Approach to the left of the hole for an easier putt.  Green sticky so play distance.
  2. Use 5 Wood off tee, leaves approx 140yds to pin, play past and straight past pin for easier putt.  Strong left to right if land left of pin.
  3. Driver off of tee, hit straight.  Can two shot to green if drive 285yd, 300yd+ will leave easy 3 iron to green.  Behind pin is good to putt relatively straight but downhill is deceptively fast.  Good birdie hole.
  4. Drop to 7 iron, no need to adjust, aim for pin.
  5. Driver off of tee.  Hit past pin, left and back.  Do not land in front of pin, big slope.  Don't overhit putts from distance, can roll all the way off the green.
  6. Drop down to 5 Iron, hit at 96% if no wind for/against.  Strong left to right on green 1 1/2 box movement over 30ft putt.
  7. Driver off of tee.  Aim left of pin with approach shot but lay up.
  8. Driver off of tee.  Narrow fairway, accuracy over distance.  Pin hawk with approach.
  9. Driver off of tee.  Narrow fairway, cannot two shot to green.  Approach shot past pin, play straight.  Hill fast, putt soft.
  10. Drop to Pitching Wedge, no effects if wind not for/against.
  11. Narrow fairway.  Aim for pin on approach.
  12. Drop to 5 Wood.  Approach will be approx 130yd.  Play to pin/left of pin, should leave easyish downhill putt.
  13. Driver off of tee.  Narrow fairway.  280yd+ drive will leave 3 iron to green in two.  Aim to the right of pin.
  14. Drop to 8 Iron, 97% if nothing for/against.
  15. Driver off of tee, narrow fairway, keep right, rough in the shadow to the left from tee.  Aim for tee on approach.
  16. Drop one club from starter, 95% if nothing for/against, play for pin.
  17. Driver off of tee.  Narrow fairway, keep right.  Approach past hole to the left.
  18. Driver off of tee.  Narrow fairway.  Easy two onto green.  Aim for pin.
Edited by Thrilla
  • Like 1

I haven't written notes but have definitely memorised certain holes and how to play them by playing a couse over and over. The reason I haven't taken the time to be all "driver here, 3 wood there" is because different wind conditions can change which club you use anyway. Those notes you've made there are very handy though and can only help.

You can check the upcoming tournaments and chosen courses on the tournament list. It's worth testing out some of them early and then deciding which tournaments to enter. I'm not completely sure how many you can enter in a row, but I know you can't enter each and every one, and you do need to take a break every so often. So yeah, playing courses early can give you an edge because if you don't like a course, you can use that as a rest week.

I've played 2 under for my first tournament round this week. It's the Drifts course Meac and I were on last week. It's a frustrating course because almost every hole is a birdie opportunity, but bogeys are easy to come by too. In my last prep round, I shot 4 under, but only recorded 3 or 4 pars on the entire card. 

I'll get my 2nd round done tomorrow, but whatever I manage to score, I think I'll be missing the cut again.

Just playing my tournament rounds for the week, -8 and then a -5, oh yeah things are going well, lol nope, +3 over.  Worst I've ever actually done on the fucking course, literally couldn't hit a ball straight to save my life and the wind was only 5mph or so, ridiculous.  Might salvage something in the 4th round, was hoping for a decent placing first time out.

It does suck when that happens. The first or second time I played Drifts, I shot 7 or 8 under, and I've never done that well there since.

The problem is, there are people consistently shooting 12 under per round so it's impossible to compete regularly. I'll give the Euro tour a few more tournaments and then ask for a demotion. I mean, looking at the Web.com tour this week, the winner of that was still 44 under. Even if I played 4 great rounds, I'd be lucky to get 18-20 under on most courses.