The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Shot a +1 at Vulture's Perch Thursday night. Don't remember much of the round other than I was really tired. Just finished up at Crawford Mines and shot that one at -3. 16 is a real pain in the butt there. -3 is a really good score there though. I'm in the clubhouse at -11 for the tour.

• Like 1

Just finished off course 1. Managed to save it a bit as when I turned it off last week I was on about +7 on the 11th hole. Finished on +5, bit gutted to miss out on a eagle on the 18th as I landed in the rough from my tee shot so it stopped me making the green in two.

Edit: Mostly went really well on course two, got done over by the ridiculous hole 7 where I shot an 8 on a part 5. Game then decided to fuck me about on the final two holes where I shot two bogies so ended up finishing +2 which puts me on +7 going into the final two. Things at least clicked better so far compared to the nightmare I was having before.

Edited by JohnnyPerfect

EWB T1 Results!

Final scores through 4 rounds;

1st - Baddar +7
2nd - Borman +16
3rd - Johnny +40
4th - Whisper +56
5th - Chris +77

Standings (After T1)

1st - Baddar 20pts
2nd - Borman 15pts
3rd - Johnny 10pts
4th - Whisper 9pts
5th - Chris 8pts

Sadly, Cole and Meacon started the tour but didn't manage to get it finished, so only 5 of us completed the 4 rounds.
Admittedly, it was a bit of a tough one for the new guys to get started on, so fair play to them for giving it a go. Thankfully, better scores are already being posted in T2.
Speaking of, you have until next Tuesday to get the four T2 rounds played. I have 1 left, and will play that either tomorrow, or when I get home on Monday afternoon. :)

Oddly it's the short game I enjoy the most on it. I find it really satisfying when you chip in/close or rescue a par from the sand.

Also, I love how much the game punishes you for not hitting the fairway. That's actually how golf works from the rough and from bunkers... not like Tiger Woods where you just hit a larger iron or two and end up on the green.

You're doing something wrong. I cope fine with it. Keep practicing.

Like Whisper says, it can be really satisfying. That's why I love short Par 4's and 5's, as I know it's a birdie opportunity because my short game is decent.

Are you trying to swing less than 100% on some shots? If so, don't. To start with, use loft and swing at 100%. It's tough to get the tempo right when you're under swinging, but really, so it should be.

I know this game isn't for everyone. And the causal player won't batter courses like you can in TW, but with practice, your game will improve. Everyone who played the first EWB Tour has improved on the 2nd one. Put time in, and you'll be rewarded.

Off the tee and fairway I am fine. The short game does not match up in any way to the rest of the way you play shots though. If I try and do a full swing and slowly go through the stroke, I get a 100%, if I do a half backswing, I get a 100%, its just annoying and as there appears to be no manual or tutorial, I can't find out what is wrong.

The only time I don't play shots at 100% is when I'm just off the green in some rough/the bunker. I don't have any problems hitting less than that percentage though.

If you're 88 yards out and it's defaulting to the 95 yard club, hit R2 and put some loft on it. I've found that purposely trying to nail a certain percentage is difficult, and ultimately pointless, when you can set the percentage of yardage you're playing by taking the loft up or down.

Wow. -2 through 8 on Crawford Mines, completely messed up the tee shot on 9, walked away with a double and even par.

Was able to compose myself, but that 16th is a bitch. Double bogeyed, and went to +2 (level with borman for the tour) with two to play. Par on the 17th, and then my 2nd shot to the Par 5 18th was the best shot I've played on the game, even if it wasn't entirely intended. The pin was 260+ yds away, so didn't bother attacking it. Aimed towards the small landing area off the green with the 5 wood, and it rolled up over the hill and down towards the hole, 10ft away. Holed the eagle putt to finish even for the round, and -13 for the tour.

Honestly thought you had me there, borman!

• Like 1