The Golf Club 2

Baddar

Opening hole at Toddington, hit the green and then rolled down the slope off into the rough. CPU option was a 6yd chip which even if I got a 100% on, which I've never managed on a chip, would just roll down back to the same place. Switch to pitch, 12yds to pin, pitching wedge gives me 80yds max, cut that down to 50% with the modification, so need to do a soft touch pitch, instead I get 80% and the ball shoots off to the other side of the green in the rough over there.

If you're on the 6 yard chip, hit L1 twice (think it's that anyway) and that should take it down to a 4 yard chip, then cycle through with square and you should find the flop shot option for 30 yards. Use that and get a feel for it. There's also a pitch 45 yards option which is handy. When you have a club selected, you can use square and find other shot types to better suit what you're looking for.

To get 100% on chips, you have to pull the club all the way back, hold it and follow through. But at times a chip just doesn't make sense if it won't carry far enough or if you're in rough that's too thick to get out of. I'm happy to play a round together soon and help you with stuff. I'm by no means an expert but I've learned the basics and more advanced stuff.

I will say that whoever recreated Augusta National did a magnificent job both in terms of aesthetics and in recreating how maddening those damn greens are.

Agreed with Meacon on feeling like my chip game is far better than my putting game. Still can't quite dial in just how much oomph to put into some putts, though my most recent experience is in Magnolia (Augusta).

Still one of my friends' go-to games to just faff about, though. Can't really explain why, but this one has captured how frustrating yet relaxing golf can be.

I think it's because it's challenging and rewarding. If you put a lot in, you'll improve and grow to enjoy it. I can see how it's off-putting to someone who just plays the odd round though. Maybe Rory PGA will cater to that crowd a little better when that comes out.

Completed my 3rd TGC Tours event last week, and finished tied for 43rd. Again, I've accepted that I'll never be as good as some, but it was nice to make the cut again and continue to move up the world rankings. Got a break this week but will be playing in a tournament the following one, so I have time to get some practice in on the selected course in the meantime.

Meacon, able to join me later?